Tim Fisher's interview (2 Viewers)

AFCCOVENTRY

1) We expect more signings to add to Andy's squad
2) New arrivals are buzzing and hungry for success
3) Bigi lure of Newcastle was too hard to resist. We did best possible deal. Money upfront with add ons such as appearances
4) Money will go back into playing budget from academy to first team
5) Andy, Waggott, Carsley, Shaw running the rule over some more new players
6) Premiership clubs have been after our academy players for over a year. Hopefully no more will go as they will be in the squad for 1st team football this season.
7) We are still talking to Keogh. If he rejects a contract extension then we will have to cash in. We will get the best deal for him.
8) The move to category 2 academy status means we get to keep local talent and Villa etc can't snatch our players
9) We are putting a squad together that is top 6 material. Hopefully promotion will happen but it's a dog of a league to get out of and most clubs will raise their game against us. We are a premiership brand in L1.

That was pretty much what i picked up from his interview.

Last edited:

The Reverend Skyblue

Points 1,2,3,5,6,7 and especially 9 is all horse shit and was a waste of breath.

Point 1 - we expect to sell more talent to get another 35 year old crock on his last legs, who no-one else wants in
Point 2 - what else would they be saying, thanks for the contract but i don't give a shit abour Cov
Point 3 - Obvious waste of breath
Point 4 - will fund more directors
Point 5 - They will look but certainly can not touch
Point 6 - Premiership clubs are after every clubs talent,not just ours, so saying it is patronising
Point 7 - We are talking to him and other clubs about buying him, we will drag it out just to see if we can sell another 10 season tickets
Point 8 - If your investing in the academy, why sell the apprentice of the year for a quick buck, if they had'nt offered two contracts to Bell/Baker we would'nt have needed to
Point 9 -Thats total horse shit and deserves nothing but ridicule. Cov are a Premiership brand, FFS we don't own anything and have no assets and play in a ground we rent for 1.2 million, if he thinks that a Prem brand then we really are in the shite.

OMG what a patronising lieing prick, and thats how i'll like to sum his statement, but if others see the light good on them

The Rev

Diehard Si

Actions speak louder than words.

I'd love to present all the words we've been fed over the years back to the people who said them so they can eat their words.

wingy

Points 3 and 7 absolute horse shit ,We know they're for sale contracts or not ,we have at best currently 3 others would be of value to another club ,add Fleck next year.

Perryccfc

I'm getting sick of this fucking site. Everyones so bloody negative! It's getting boring to come on here.

valiant15

You can't say anything negative against sisu rev,after all they've brought in a striker that can't score,a washed up midfielder and a rangers squad player that's so good he joined ambitious league 1 coventry instead of a host of championship and prem clubs. He's the Scottish Wayne rooney you know.

we are negative because fisher is employed to give the fans what they want to hear even though its all bollocks, i would like to ask mr fisher where are the goals coming from next year? a dismal 38 league goals last year and 19 of them from players who are no longer here, so where are the goalscorers u need most importantly?

Perryccfc

So what would u do in his position big bollocks? He's got shit all money. He's having to sell players to balance books at a club thats in a financial fuck. So what would you do?

Stevec189

we are negative because fisher is employed to give the fans what they want to hear even though its all bollocks, i would like to ask mr fisher where are the goals coming from next year? a dismal 38 league goals last year and 19 of them from players who are no longer here, so where are the goalscorers u need most importantly?

Elliott, Fleck, Cody, AN Other (loan signing) will score more than 19 between them. People are so negative instead of facing the realities of life as a third division club without a millionaire owner (unlike Norwich, Southampton, Leeds ). PUSB

Hadenough

I really have to take issue with what i'm reading here!!!!

Points 1,2,3,5,6,7 and especially 9 is all horse shit and was a waste of breath.

Point 1 - we expect to sell more talent to get another 35 year old crock on his last legs, who no-one else wants in
Point 2 - what else would they be saying, thanks for the contract but i don't give a shit abour Cov
Point 3 - Obvious waste of breath
Point 4 - will fund more directors
Point 5 - They will look but certainly can not touch
Point 6 - Premiership clubs are after every clubs talent,not just ours, so saying it is patronising
Point 7 - We are talking to him and other clubs about buying him, we will drag it out just to see if we can sell another 10 season tickets
Point 8 - If your investing in the academy, why sell the apprentice of the year for a quick buck, if they had'nt offered two contracts to Bell/Baker we would'nt have needed to
Point 9 -Thats total horse shit and deserves nothing but ridicule. Cov are a Premiership brand, FFS we don't own anything and have no assets and play in a ground we rent for 1.2 million, if he thinks that a Prem brand then we really are in the shite.

OMG what a patronising lieing prick, and thats how i'll like to sum his statement, but if others see the light good on them

The Rev

I'm sure its Lying not lieing

CUS Wyken

So what would u do in his position big bollocks? He's got shit all money. He's having to sell players to balance books at a club thats in a financial feck. So what would you do?

You've contradicted yourself there...

Further up you said why are people so negative. In your next post you clearly state the obvious reason why!

Fans have had enough of twats treating us like clueless mugs

Perryccfc

You've contradicted yourself there...

Further up you said why are people so negative. In your next post you clearly state the obvious reason why!

Fans have had enough of twats treating us like clueless mugs

Nope, I said people are so negative because as soon as TF says something positive or try's to be positive fans shoot him down, to quote Valiant "more Spin and bullshit"!

I'm not negative, I accept the fact the clubs in a financial mess. I'm not happy about it but I can't change it. But I'll take the fact that they've signed 3 players, all of whom I think will be good signings, and believe that there will be more, and sit with optimism whilst pre season begins. I'm just sick of comin on here to negative fans slating everything the club does. They say nothing they get slated, the do interviews they get slated. They don't sign anyone they get slated, they sign 3 players in 2 days they get slated. It's bullshit. Just support the bloody club and shut up!

CUS Wyken

Nope, I said people are so negative because as soon as TF says something positive or try's to be positive fans shoot him down, to quote Valiant "more Spin and bullshit"!

I'm not negative, I accept the fact the clubs in a financial mess. I'm not happy about it but I can't change it. But I'll take the fact that they've signed 3 players, all of whom I think will be good signings, and believe that there will be more, and sit with optimism whilst pre season begins. I'm just sick of comin on here to negative fans slating everything the club does. They say nothing they get slated, the do interviews they get slated. They don't sign anyone they get slated, they sign 3 players in 2 days they get slated. It's bullshit. Just support the bloody club and shut up!

We've signed 3 players but lost 9 so far. That's why we're negative. People were saying last year our squad wasn't big enough and if anything it's got smaller.

The reason this club is such a state because fans have sat back and allowed this mess to escalate.

Don't know about you but you get more respect in this world if you stick up for yourself and not get walked over.

Us as a club in general Have been mugged off by too many over the years and now were suffering for it

torchomatic

Perryccfc

We've signed 3 players but lost 9 so far. That's why we're negative. People were saying last year our squad wasn't big enough and if anything it's got smaller.

The reason this club is such a state because fans have sat back and allowed this mess to escalate.

Don't know about you but you get more respect in this world if you stick up for yourself and not get walked over.

Us as a club in general Have been mugged off by too many over the years and now were suffering for it

And the what the fuck are u going to do about it then? Tell them to go away? There's nothing you or I can bloody do! It's not about standing up for myself. I hate sisu. But I love Coventry. And without a pocket full of cash there's nothing I can do to help them but support them

valiant15

Just support the club and shut up? Why should we just shut up? If you went out for a meal and it wasnt any good would you complain? Or are you one of those types who would keep quiet but moan like mad outside?

CUS Wyken

And the what the feck are u going to do about it then? Tell them to go away? There's nothing you or I can bloody do! It's not about standing up for myself. I hate sisu. But I love Coventry. And without a pocket full of cash there's nothing I can do to help them but support them

Make our voices known...

Thorn one of the worst mangers in our history gets so much praise for what? Relegation. But our fans just sit back and allow.

SISU - owners who have no interest in the club and only in it for themselves. What do we do. Have 200 fans protest and that's it.

We deserve this mess because we never vent our anger

The Reverend Skyblue

So what would u do in his position big bollocks? He's got shit all money. He's having to sell players to balance books at a club thats in a financial fuck. So what would you do?

perry, thats all we want him to say, we got no money, no assets, we can't afford to keep all the young prospects, we can't afford a competative team this season, we have no future until real investment comes in.We are going to have to rely on 35 year old crocks who have'nt played for two years as they have a bad back,and not even sides in the bottom division wanted him

Instead he patronises us with,"we're building a top 6 side" .Even you must admit that is just bull crap.

Just tell us the bloody truth, then some more might be on your side.

People are negative as they can't see any positives, its as simple as that.

The Rev

valiant15

I don't know torch,if i put my car up for sale i woulnt know who the new owner was going to be. They won't walk away cos they don't want to lose their original investment. Tough tity,thars life. If these could squeeze a million pound profit out of us a year they'd keep us for the next thirty years to recoup it. This club as a competitive club is dead with sisu in charge.

Skybluefaz

We save our anger to boo 'lazy' players like Best and Stern John.

There is a good while until the season kicks off. Let's see what the squad looks like in a few weeks time before we start having shit fits.

There is no one to sell to, SISU cannot be that deluded to think this squad will go straight back up.

Also they will not want to lose more money. Just wait and see.

skybluegod

You can't say anything negative against sisu rev,after all they've brought in a striker that can't score,a washed up midfielder and a rangers squad player that's so good he joined ambitious league 1 coventry instead of a host of championship and prem clubs. He's the Scottish Wayne rooney you know.

your already slagging of players which you haven't seen play yet get a life.

CUS Wyken

your already slagging of players which you haven't seen play yet get a life.

He's putting the signings in perspective...

The reason fans have got all giddy cause we got 3 players. Now no-one knows how they will fair. Let's hope they do the business but we need better quality IMO if we are gonna stand a chance of Getting promotion

ccfcway

Thorn turned up at last years xmas party dressed as a pumpkin...

At 12 o clock, he still hadnt turned into a coach !

The Reverend Skyblue

We save our anger to boo 'lazy' players like Best and Stern John.

There is a good while until the season kicks off. Let's see what the squad looks like in a few weeks time before we start having shit fits.

There is no one to sell to, SISU cannot be that deluded to think this squad will go straight back up.

Also they will not want to lose more money. Just wait and see.

This is my point, we all know we have'nt a competative squad, So why does TF tell us we have, or will have, as we ain't got a pot to piss in !!!

It just drives me bloody bonkers, all this patronising bull crap

The Rev

@richh87

Spot. On.

Would fans of other clubs take this?

Ask yourselves people - would Blackburn fans take this shit?! Erm, nope.

City fans have bent over and taken it. Like Wyken says - we had a tiny squad last season and so far this summer it has got even worse with 9 out and 3 in. They let McPake go for free for f*ck sake - knowing fully well that Cranie and Keogh won't be here - and that McPake is more than good enough to play in League 1.

They're not 'clever business men', they are opportunistic twats who acquired this club for free, ran it even further into the ground while torturing the fans - and now have the sheer nerve to demand money for something they got for nothing!!!

They have no intention of building a squad that can seriously challenge - something highlighted by the net loss of 6 players.

If they ARE serious then around 10 more players need to join. Will they? Well Fisher's statement that "We expect more signings to add to Andy's squad" doesn't fill me with confidence. What do you mean you 'expect' more signings. There should be no question about it - YES THERE WILL BE MANY MORE SIGNINGS is what I want to hear.

I'm sorry but Fisher is just the latest spin doctor employed to stop the bad press.

Grendel

Spot. On.

Would fans of other clubs take this?

Ask yourselves people - would Blackburn fans take this shit?! Erm, nope.

City fans have bent over and taken it. Like Wyken says - we had a tiny squad last season and so far this summer it has got even worse with 9 out and 3 in. They let McPake go for free for f*ck sake - knowing fully well that Cranie and Keogh won't be here - and that McPake is more than good enough to play in League 1.

They're not 'clever business men', they are opportunistic twats who acquired this club for free, ran it even further into the ground while torturing the fans - and now have the sheer nerve to demand money for something they got for nothing!!!

They have no intention of building a squad that can seriously challenge - something highlighted by the net loss of 6 players.

If they ARE serious then around 10 more players need to join. Will they? Well Fisher's statement that "We expect more signings to add to Andy's squad" doesn't fill me with confidence. What do you mean you 'expect' more signings. There should be no question about it - YES THERE WILL BE MANY MORE SIGNINGS is what I want to hear.

I'm sorry but Fisher is just the latest spin doctor employed to stop the bad press.

I must have ESP. I saw you posted on here and guessed pretty much what you had to say before I read it. Nothing new same vehemence no suggestions going forward.

@richh87

I must have ESP. I saw you posted on here and guessed pretty much what you had to say before I read it. Nothing new same vehemence no suggestions going forward.

I suggest SISU walk away.

Ever heard of a club our size where nobody's willing to take them over? Erm no - neither have I.

Users who are viewing this thread