Tim Fisher spells the end of CCFC.... (1 Viewer)

mattylad

Absolutely 100% bang on.

Elliott is - as Torchy would put it - 'a complete twat'.

He's been through all of our financial woes (back to the 80s)...and the constant throughout.

He asked us to sell our shares, and even in March 2011, when the first transfer embargo was announced, was spouting bollocks like "...our club is in safe hands with SISU in charge...".

Joe Elliott is a leech....we should be asking questions of him as much as we ask questions of SISU's role. :jerkit:

The same Joe Elliott who sponsered our youth team for over ten years...you really are just full of shit

Grendel

The same Joe Elliott who sponsered our youth team for over ten years...you really are just full of shit

No the same joe Elliot who "persuaded" fans to surrender shares so all their Christmases came at once. He is hardly associated with success. Sponsorship isn't charity by the way and even if it is it doesn't guarantee influence or status.

It's about the 'bigger picture'.

Sponsoring a youth team for a few quid is not what we are discussing here, sonny. It's the part played in the larger debacle of our financial affairs.

If you are saying that Uncle Joe has helped the club, I agree with you...however, what needs to be ascertained is his role in wider and deeper issues which currently see us in the shit.

Thats Rubbish bcos I ran in to her outside the pub in Bristol and often see her at the Ricoh.

Oh, apologies, she went to the biggest away game of the season....did you see her at any others? No, nor me.

I have no issue with folk stopping attending...but then don't put yourself forward as our representative.

By the way, MattyLad, did you see her buy her tickets...or get free ones? (just asking, not implying anything....for legal reasons...:facepalm:)

DazzleTommyDazzle

It's about the 'bigger picture'.

Sponsoring a youth team for a few quid is not what we are discussing here, sonny. It's the part played in the larger debacle of our financial affairs.

If you are saying that Uncle Joe has helped the club, I agree with you...however, what needs to be ascertained is his role in wider and deeper issues which currently see us in the shit.

I think that's fair.

In the 90's I was a member of the Premier Club at Highfield Road and saw Elliot do a lot of (I presume) unpaid work, meeting and greeting guests before games etc. At that stage he was very much on the periphery of the club's management structure - if I remember correctly he was made an "Associate Director" in the 90's. I think it's reasonable to assume that that was pretty much a courtesey title and I doubt if he had any say in financial matters at that time.

I can't remember when he joined the Board proper, but I think it was after the move to the Ricoh (happy to be corrected on this).

A lot is made by some about the fact that he helped persuade people to "give up their shares" when SISU took over. Personally I had no problem at all with this. The club was bust so the shares were worthless. We needed someone to come in and invest and SISU looked a pretty good option. We're all in a position to be wise after the event, but for my part at the time they came in, I thought they'd be good for the club (a position I held until January last year - but that's another story....).

So we have a guy who's a supporter of the club. He also seems to be a "joiner" - I gather he's involved in several local charities and organisations. He's got himself very involved with the club, sponsored the youth team and even the first team one year when we couldn't find any other sponsor. He certainly seems to enjoy being in the limelight - but I don't see any of this as a reason for the vitriol that some seem keen to pour on him.

As LBB says above - his role in the "wider and deeper issues which currently see us in the shit" needs to be ascertained - but in the absence of any "smoking gun", I think that it's only fair to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I agree, DTD, however, as we pore over the wreckage of last/recent seasons, and in the light of Elliott now backing Fisher and Waggott publicly, I am just a tad confused as to what Elliott stands for, or stands behind.

No doubt, he has done some excellent work off the field.

However, this should be detached and scrutinised from the causes and characters behind the main event here...the wider financial mess, and the decisions taken in the past (pre-SISU in fact) which have led us to this unacceptable position.

Elliott must also be asked questions about the statements he has made...here's just 2 examples;

March 2011 - 'We are in safe hands with SISU'...as we entered a transfer embargo....
April 2012 - 'You are the real fans' - on stage, referring to the corporate fans at the Legends Day.

He has been in the workings of the club and must have known of what SISU were/were not doing....?

Why does he stand up and say things/protest when the 'horse has bolted' so to speak.....it is telling to note that when chatting to fans, Elliott GENERALLY keeps a wider berth and barrier than Hoffman.....

I have no doubts that he knows much more than he lets on....and this MAY also mean has greater responsibility....??? :thinking about:

DazzleTommyDazzle

I agree, DTD, however, as we pore over the wreckage of last/recent seasons, and in the light of Elliott now backing Fisher and Waggott publicly, I am just a tad confused as to what Elliott stands for, or stands behind.

No doubt, he has done some excellent work off the field.

However, this should be detached and scrutinised from the causes and characters behind the main event here...the wider financial mess, and the decisions taken in the past (pre-SISU in fact) which have led us to this unacceptable position.

Elliott must also be asked questions about the statements he has made...here's just 2 examples;

March 2011 - 'We are in safe hands with SISU'...as we entered a transfer embargo....
April 2012 - 'You are the real fans' - on stage, referring to the corporate fans at the Legends Day.

He has been in the workings of the club and must have known of what SISU were/were not doing....?

Why does he stand up and say things/protest when the 'horse has bolted' so to speak.....it is telling to note that when chatting to fans, Elliott GENERALLY keeps a wider berth and barrier than Hoffman.....

I have no doubts that he knows much more than he lets on....and this MAY also mean has greater responsibility....??? :thinking about:

Generally I'd agree.

I was in the corporate section on Legends Day (took my Dad for a birthday prezzie) and heard his speech and to be honest, I didn't take it in the way that some others did. I took him to be referring to Cov fans in general - but again, it was something that some people decided to use as another stick....

I guess there aren't too many people out there that give us hope and it's disappointing that when some try to, they're constantly sniped at.

This doesn't mean that they deserve a free ride - your reservations are well articulated, but some of the "shredded wheat head" type comments do make me despair..........

Grendel

So according to your insightful posts, Natalie Cox and Joe Elliott are the future?

FFS....and you claim other people are full of shit....:facepalm:

There is no doubt the likes of Elliot should be consigned to the grim and distant past.

Users who are viewing this thread