Tim Fisher spells the end of CCFC.... (1 Viewer)

...when he said the following at the forum;

"We welcome the reawakening of the Sky Blues Trust'.

FFS, I paid for my season ticket in cash as well....

I was trying to give TF the benefit of the doubt, but after that comment, it proves he knows diddly-squat about football or our club.

As Torchy would say "You are a twat..."....;)

A few weeks ago, I started this thread...

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/16618-There-s-hope.....!

It was only partly in jest, as this was relayed to me as a reliable piece of pillow talk information. Picture the scene, job done by my good self, lying there, staring at the ceiling, Lambert & Butler in hand, and the conversation turned to CCFC....and that was what I heard....yes, I thought of you lot, my fellow post-ers straight away and concentrated on remembering what was being said...hence the post about The Coxster and Luscious Laura.

The word is that the SBT will be part of any takeover....:facepalm:

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

Beware of The Cox!

She'll be our new Chairman.

She'll be sat on the bench next to Oggy and AT, like Ken Deluded...it'll be like Beauty and the Beast...with Oggy and AT taking it in turn to play the part of 'Beauty'....:facepalm:

canleykid

She'll be our new Chairman.

She'll be sat on the bench next to Oggy and AT, like Ken Deluded...it'll be like Beauty and the Beast...with Oggy and AT taking it in turn to play the part of 'Beauty'....:facepalm:

Oh no don't tell me shes back its been great without her screaching and smelling of b o and bad breath however she has nice teeth ...........not

I did state that if Man U lost to Man city that she would return.

And now TF even mentions the SBT as being welcomed back.

I'm not dark Knight....I get the top scoops at the club. FACT. ;)

CCFC123

Oh tell her to fuck off. Embarrasing women on the radio talking football. Get back in the bedroom and kitchen i say...

Sky Blue Sheepy

Ok I'm gonna be honest and admit I know less than fuck all about the Sky Blues Trust. Who are they and why do they sound like the bane of all things Sky Blue?

Grendel

I must have been living on Mars but I haven't a clue who you are talking about.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Oh tell her to fuck off. Embarrasing women on the radio talking football. Get back in the bedroom and kitchen i say...

You can have her for the bedroom I'll have her for the kitchen.......cheers :slap:

Sub

SISU Heavily Criticised During Coventry Conversations

By Covsupport News Service
Updated Friday, 4th May 2012
"Fisher as an Executive at the club simultaneously distancing himself from while defending SISU. "
Coventry City's owners SISU were heavily criticised during the Coventry Coversations talk with Tim Fisher and Steve Waggott at the Herbert Art Gallery today.
This was not well attended (although what do you expect at 1pm on Friday) and but those there heard Mr Fisher say "Revenues will crash next season to no more than £6 million. Our rent for the Ricoh Arena is £1.2 million. Position is unsustainable."
He was asked: "Are you saying I should be paying Championship ticket prices for third division football?" and replied "Ticket prices were set before relegation. We must ensure the club breaks-even.
"We know that we cannot put a price on the social welfare we deliver to the city and its people. But we do deliver value. [So this is not just about finance].
Mr Fisher was then asked: "Isn't it true that you pay players more than other teams in the Championship? How do you explain this when players perform so poorly? and he replied: "you are wrong. Waggott - "we don't overpay." We are a 'mid-paying' club."
A heated audience was near enough calling for performance related contracts with questions such as "Why do you have so many players who are paid too much and don't perform for the club or even care about it?
Questions then turned to SISU "really disappointed, not with the players, but with SISU. Who are they, what do they do? We are sick of 'new' people running OUR club was one. Along with "How can you bring in new owners when you're in the third division, no players to sell, in debt?" and "SISU = bank loans".
Mr Fisher replied by saying: "Don't criticise the young players who have shouldered the burden of our fight this year' and 'if fit and proper person comes forward to buy the club, we'd be interested'.
He did apologise for the poor communication and said: "I cannot apologise enough for any poor communication. We are being as open as possible, almost to verge of commercial insensitivity"
Professor Simon Chadwick, who organises the Coventry Conversations, felt this was getting complex and tweeted "This is all very complex....Fisher as an Executive at the club simultaneously distancing himself from while defending SISU. "
Mr Fisher then spoke about budgets for the break-even, just getting through; a budget for mid-table mediocrity a bounce back one for which the club have given SISU the figures for.
When asked by a fan 'if we buy a season ticket, what are you going to give us in return?' Fisher replied 'this club is a fallen angel going through hard times. 'We guarantee that Waggott and me will give you our total commitment and motivation.'
And went on to say that "We welcome the reawakening of the Sky Blues Trust'. And 'the business as it stands at the moment is totally unsustainable which poses the question - 'Would you invest £15m in a business that yields £10m?'
Joe Elliott was in the room and spoke on behalf of the job TIm Fisher and Steve Waggot were trying to do.
There were calls for SISU to buy the Ricoh Arena if it was so commercially appealing but it was felt that Coventry City Council ownership share was a sticking point and are they likely to sell a revenue generating asset during a time of central government budget cuts and a recession?

Thanks to Professor Simon Chadwick for his tweets on this.

Grendel

Joe Elliott was in the room and spoke on behalf of the job TIm Fisher and Steve Waggot were trying to do.

Isn't that a bid odd?

Grendel

"He was asked: "Are you saying I should be paying Championship ticket prices for third division football?" and replied "Ticket prices were set before relegation. We must ensure the club breaks-even."

Our pricing structure is excellent value - even at League One level. How anyone can complain is beyond me.

mattylad

people take the piss but she loves the club and although I hate to admit it, what she predicted would happen has come to be!

torchomatic

That wasn't the issue. It was her ''i am the voice of the fans'' attitude that annoyed me the most. She has never and never will speak on my behalf.

people take the piss but she loves the club and although I hate to admit it, what she predicted would happen has come to be!

mattylad

That wasn't the issue. It was her ''i am the voice of the fans'' attitude that annoyed me the most. She has never and never will speak on my behalf.
well she was the media spokes person for the sbt (since stood down) so the local media were approaching her for the odd sound bite. Just smacks of immature jealousy

kdrinkell

I doubt if anyone could be defined as the voice of the fans as we have such differing views

mustaphasbeard

Isn't that a bid odd?

Well it shows one thing. The Hoffman bid is dead in the water! So the man with the shredded wheat on his head swaps sides yet again

DazzleTommyDazzle

Well it shows one thing. The Hoffman bid is dead in the water! So the man with the shredded wheat on his head swaps sides yet again

You just have to love the attitude of some of our fans - Let's look at the possibilities for Elliot re the forum and guess the responses:

1. Elliot doesn't attend - "Supposed to be the bloody saviour of the club and can't even be bothered to turn up to a forum"
2. Elliot attends but says nothing - "Some bloody saviour of the club, didn't even say anything"
3. Elliot attends and says something negative about Fisher - "How can he expect to negotiate with these people when he has a go at them in public?"
4. Elliot attends and says something supportive about Fisher - "Well it shows one thing. The Hoffman bid is dead in the water! So the man with the shredded wheat on his head swaps sides yet again."

Sorry - just re-reading that I've realised that the last one is just too daft for anyone to post :D

Grendel

Actually option 1 is the most preferable, doesn't attend and stays away for good. He has illustrated on numerous occasions he is not helpful to the cause and has been associated with failure throughout his time at the club.

Very few see him as a savior any more.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Actually option 1 is the most preferable, doesn't attend and stays away for good. He has illustrated on numerous occasions he is not helpful to the cause and has been associated with failure throughout his time at the club.

Very few see him as a savior any more.

Sadly anyone who's been with the club over the last decade has been associated with failiure.

Grendel

Sadly anyone who's been with the club over the last decade has been associated with failiure.

Indeed so if (big if) there is a chance of ownership change I would prefer a fresh start not the stale old faces turning up for a re-union and another ego trip.

It wasn't just her, mate.

She went to the games when she perceived she had some 'influence' (i.e CET articles/CWR interviews), but hasn't been at the games for a significant while....how can she be representative of the fans?

Got to agree with you here, Mr T.

She wasn't articulate enough to represent us, and therefore nullified any influence the SBT could/should have had.....as witnessed in the embarrassing put down from RR.

Her ego was massaged by the fact that some at the club knew her by her first name....she has no idea what the ordinary fan wants.

Oh, and the 'free tickets' scandal was the icing on the cake....:thinking about:

Absolutely 100% bang on.

Elliott is - as Torchy would put it - 'a complete twat'.

He's been through all of our financial woes (back to the 80s)...and the constant throughout.

He asked us to sell our shares, and even in March 2011, when the first transfer embargo was announced, was spouting bollocks like "...our club is in safe hands with SISU in charge...".

Joe Elliott is a leech....we should be asking questions of him as much as we ask questions of SISU's role. :jerkit:

mattylad

It wasn't just her, mate.

She went to the games when she perceived she had some 'influence' (i.e CET articles/CWR interviews), but hasn't been at the games for a significant while....how can she be representative of the fans?

Thats Rubbish bcos I ran in to her outside the pub in Bristol and often see her at the Ricoh.

Users who are viewing this thread