Tim Fisher speaks about 'new stadium' (1 Viewer)

Mo Konjic

“We could then control all of our revenues, just as the club did at Highfield Road, and build a sustainable base for the club to prosper.
“Of course this would involve a full consultation with supporters but this is something we do not want to do even though financially it makes a lot more sense than staying at the Ricoh.”

SkyBlueRyan

this would be brilliant, i want out of the ricoh. its killing us...

a smaller ground which would be full each game would be much better and provide the base to move the club forward!

this ricoh row is boring now its clear that nothing good is going to come of it so we're better off elsewhere

skyblueman

“We could then control all of our revenues, just as the club did at Highfield Road, and build a sustainable base for the club to prosper.
“Of course this would involve a full consultation with supporters but this is something we do not want to do even though financially it makes a lot more sense than staying at the Ricoh.”

I vote SISU get rid of Fisher and bring in David Icke to run the club

giveusagoal

Are Sisu realy going to invest in such a long term project?

Where are they going to get the funds from?

Is this more posturing to put pressure on ACL?

I think the answer is this is posturing.

skyblueman

Are Sisu realy going to invest in such a long term project?

Where are they going to get the funds from?

Is this more posturing to put pressure on ACL?

I think the answer is this is posturing.

Not a chance this will ever happen I'm just staggered Fisher thinks anyone would even begin to believe this .. it's just laughable

CJparker

Why don't they build a Death Star whilst they are at it...

Steve.B50

What a joke. We cannoit get people into the Arean now so how we going to get themn to travel to South Warwickshire.
If they have the money for new stadium pay some rent, even if its only what they believe is fair.

No chance!! Can you imagine SISUs penny pinching idea of a stadium? Thrown up it the cheapest possible manner holding about 15;000 max.. no thank you. Whatever the Ricohs failings are its a stadium that can be filled, and its a stadium that should state our ambition to get back amongst the big boys.. just pay the bloody rent and get on with it..If youve got 30 mill to buy a new stadium put your hand sin your pocket and PAY UP!

MichaelCCFC

Yesterday, KingHarvest posted on here a report of what Tim Fisher told the Supporters Consultative Group on Tuesday. KingH wrote: "Moving onto the rumours of a new stadium, this is only 1 option of many that been initially explored - However, and TF was quite clear on this, the club do not want to leave the Ricoh. But they need to do a deal that suits both parties. In addition, a new stadium is something that takes years to sort out so it’s not something the fans need to even really consider right now" (emphasis added). Is the newspaper report old news, or is what was said on Tuesday reported by KingH different to what is being said now???

yeah cuz being at highfield road and being £60million in debt was really sustsinable. god i miss the west terrace though

Covstu

They would move us to Nene Park, we all know it!! The Ricoh is our home, we just need to own it.

Grendel

Yesterday, KingHarvest posted on here a report of what Tim Fisher told the Supporters Consultative Group on Tuesday. KingH wrote: "Moving onto the rumours of a new stadium, this is only 1 option of many that been initially explored - However, and TF was quite clear on this, the club do not want to leave the Ricoh. But they need to do a deal that suits both parties. In addition, a new stadium is something that takes years to sort out so it’s not something the fans need to even really consider right now" (emphasis added). Is the newspaper report old news, or is what was said on Tuesday reported by KingH different to what is being said now???

He said this weeks ago. It's probably next to an article advertising tickets for white hart lane.

skybluehugh

Well here's my response to your consultation, FECK OFF YOU MUPPET

CJparker

If we have the money to build a stadium. Why don't we just buy the Ricoh? Easier than doing the rent.

Well obviously. Except that SISU have alienated the shareholders of the ground, so there is no chance of that happening...

" it makes a lot more sense than staying at the Ricoh.” WHAT THE F*CK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! ACL are offering us a deal where we pay less than Crystal Palace do for Selhurst Park, plus part of the match-day profits. And instead of paying the £1million we legally owe ACL and will have to pay them eventually by law, we are going to pay £30million to build a stadium outside the city where we are based! SISU, GET YOUR F*CKING ARSES INTO GEAR AND USE YOUR BRAIN FOR ONCE! £1M OR £30M, BIT OF A DIFFERANCE

Grendel

You do realise that the Ricoh cost in the region of £112 Million!

SISU are on about spending £30 Million. Quite a difference!

The actual cost to the council was nowhere near that once trey offloaded the land to Tesco.

Ashdown1

I just wish Tim Fisher would do the honourable thing and throw himself off the Shard after a big heart to heart with Joy from Hannover St........................ he makes himself look a bigger twat every week !!

Grendel

I just wish Tim Fisher would do the honourable thing and throw himself off the Shard after a big heart to heart with Joy from Hannover St........................ he makes himself look a bigger twat every week !!

Yes let's hope so. In sure we will find some more clowns to invest £40 million over the next 4 years to keep the sinking ship afloat.

As far as cunning plans go its one of your best.

Grendel

zzzzzzzzzzz! Sorry still wiping the sleep from my eyes ......was that last comment written by grendal or Tim fisher

That's ok. When they give up you'll have plenty of time to sleep. Especially on Saturday afternoons as there will be little else to do.

Grendel

So does that make it worth any less ?

Er yes. Unless of course you want the council to profiteer for ever at the football clubs expense. If only I was born in hull, Portsmouth, Doncaster, Brighton or stoke. Then you would have a council that wanted the football club to benefit from such actions and fans who demanded they did.

Only in Coventry would anyone even make s dumb statement like that.

sky blue john

Er yes. Unless of course you want the council to profiteer for ever at the football clubs expense. If only I was born in hull, Portsmouth, Doncaster, Brighton or stoke. Then you would have a council that wanted the football club to benefit from such actions and fans who demanded they did.

Only in Coventry would anyone even make s dumb statement like that.

As you believe the clubs owners to be clowns would you really let clowns have the ricoh?

CovCity26

this would be brilliant, i want out of the ricoh. its killing us...

a smaller ground which would be full each game would be much better and provide the base to move the club forward!

this ricoh row is boring now its clear that nothing good is going to come of it so we're better off elsewhere
Agree 100%. The Ricoh is a major liability to us. The atmosphere at a packed 15K seater is much better than a half full 30K seater.

Would love to see it, but can't see it happening short term.

P.S. Great name too!!!

Users who are viewing this thread