Tim Fisher speaks about 'new stadium' (2 Viewers)

sky blue john

Er yes. Unless of course you want the council to profiteer for ever at the football clubs expense. If only I was born in hull, Portsmouth, Doncaster, Brighton or stoke. Then you would have a council that wanted the football club to benefit from such actions and fans who demanded they did.

Only in Coventry would anyone even make s dumb statement like that.

If we are dumb in coventry !!!
Are you ready to show your true colours yet your obviously a wum and not a CCFC supporter. Why are you calling everyone on here dumb?

Brighton Sky Blue

Er yes. Unless of course you want the council to profiteer for ever at the football clubs expense. If only I was born in hull, Portsmouth, Doncaster, Brighton or stoke. Then you would have a council that wanted the football club to benefit from such actions and fans who demanded they did.

Only in Coventry would anyone even make s dumb statement like that.

The Brighton situation's a bit of a red herring as it wasn't Brighton and Hove council who were blocking the ground-it was the Lewes district council. That, and Brighton's chairman stumped up most of the cash for the ground himself.

Brighton Sky Blue

Agree 100%. The Ricoh is a major liability to us. The atmosphere at a packed 15K seater is much better than a half full 30K seater.

Would love to see it, but can't see it happening short term.

P.S. Great name too!!!

Disagree there SSB-our poor crowds are simply a reflection of our league status and prolonged lack of success. I think if we opted for a smaller ground it would cement us as a smaller club with a smaller fanbase all round, and we would fast regret it if our on field fortunes improved. Highfield Road was rarely packed to the rafters and the atmosphere there was nothing special in the FL years-regardless of ground size, a successful football team is the key to better crowds.

Grendel

Are you ready to show your true colours yet your obviously a wum and not a CCFC supporter. Why are you calling everyone on here dumb?

I'm not. I'm merely saying a football supporter is ultimately only interested in football. So women abusers and even worse will always be accepted. Only in Coventry would there be any interest in outside forces and in particular the council.

I'm not calling everyone on here dumb but if the cap fits stick it on your head.

If sisu go we are liquidated even the tiny microcosm that constitutes your brain has to accept that. As owners they are a disappointment but given that the only alternative is liquidation and non league football I have to say only a complete fool would want that.

sky blue john

I'm not. I'm merely saying a football supporter is ultimately only interested in football. So women abusers and even worse will always be accepted. Only in Coventry would there be any interest in outside forces and in particular the council.

I'm not calling everyone on here dumb but if the cap fits stick it on your head.

If sisu go we are liquidated even the tiny microcosm that constitutes your brain has to accept that. As owners they are a disappointment but given that the only alternative is liquidation and non league football I have to say only a complete fool would want that.

Carry on digging your just showing yourself up !!!!

skybluehugh

Because they don't agree with him that Shitsu are our saviours and that ACL are destroying our club through wanting to be paid the rent

skybluehugh

Disagree there SSB-our poor crowds are simply a reflection of our league status and prolonged lack of success. I think if we opted for a smaller ground it would cement us as a smaller club with a smaller fanbase all round, and we would fast regret it if our on field fortunes improved. Highfield Road was rarely packed to the rafters and the atmosphere there was nothing special in the FL years-regardless of ground size, a successful football team is the key to better crowds.

Agree with everything apart from the atmosphere at HR, i remember many times when that place was just buzzing. An evening game against Derby in late 70's we were losing 2-0 came back to win 4-2 the game mentioned in another tread when Mick Ferguson scored 4 against Ipswich and so many more. Great ground

Nonleagueherewecome

I thought fisher was david Icke

This is rubbish, he hasn't called ACL "lizards" or suggested that the team play in turquoise yet!

Nonleagueherewecome

Nonleagueherewecome

But that would make him as dodgy as our owners only interested in money, wouldn't it?;)

Couldn't be more different! I'll try to offer him petrol money but he always turns it down. And he's always out of pocket on the milk-money at work..

Brighton Sky Blue

Agree with everything apart from the atmosphere at HR, i remember many times when that place was just buzzing. An evening game against Derby in late 70's we were losing 2-0 came back to win 4-2 the game mentioned in another tread when Mick Ferguson scored 4 against Ipswich and so many more. Great ground

Bear in mind I didn't go to a game till 1998!

Grendel

Brighton Sky Blue

There we lots of dire periods at highfiekd road. The period from 1980 through to 85 was very very grim.

I had a season ticket from 2001 through to 2008. There weren't many occasions I'd describe the atmosphere as anything better than at the Ricoh-there were exceptions, like the final game, and wins against WBA and West Ham, but I think people have a romanticised view simply because things are also poor at the Ricoh. The only constant throughout both eras is that the on pitch quality has generally been poor and the attendances and atmosphere reflects this.

coundonskyblue

I had a season ticket from 2001 through to 2008. There weren't many occasions I'd describe the atmosphere as anything better than at the Ricoh-there were exceptions, like the final game, and wins against WBA and West Ham, but I think people have a romanticised view simply because things are also poor at the Ricoh. The only constant throughout both eras is that the on pitch quality has generally been poor and the attendances and atmosphere reflects this.

The romanticised view also leads to statements such as 'The Ricoh must be cursed, we should never have left HR'. As though we were amazing when we played at Highfield rd and we have only become rubbish since moving.

People seem to forget we nearly got relegated in our final season there.

Brighton Sky Blue

The romanticised view also leads to statements such as 'The Ricoh must be cursed, we should never have left HR'. As though we were amazing when we played at Highfield rd and we have only become rubbish since moving.

That final game against Derby is basically what kept us up-had it not been the last ever game at the ground, and with them in play off contention, we'd likely have lost and gone to Crewe needing a result.

skybluehugh

we nearly got relegated most seasons from the top flight. But i do still feel HR felt more part of the City of Coventry just by its location and ease of getting too.

Nonleagueherewecome

we nearly got relegated most seasons from the top flight. But i do still feel HR felt more part of the City of Coventry just by its location and ease of getting too.

If that's your concern, how is a stadium in Daventry, Irthlingborough or South Warwickshire going to feel like a "part of the city"? It's only going to feel stupidly remote.

Users who are viewing this thread