Tim Fisher on TalkSport at 11am (1 Viewer)

bradwellskyblues

I agree with this my worry is sisu will be too greedy and want too much
think the boot is on the other foot at the moment

Skybluefaz

Crikey! Wasn't aware of that - Sepala has been quoted as saying she would like to build a stadium 'Like Shrewsbury's'.
“For this reason, when looking at sites and designs for Stadiums they have this figure in mind as a minimum. The potential new stadium would possibly be a four-sided design rather than a bowl (similar to the design of Shrewsbury’s new stadium) as this allowed greater scope for future expansion. Current thinking is that new stadium would be 18-20,000, expandable to somewhere in the region of 30,000.”
This may have come from the chat @mark82 and @Sky Blue Pete had. The telegraph jumped on the Shrewsbury line because it was an opportunity to wind the fans up.

SkybluesBenny

Do you think that our owners were going to hold out on a ricoh return till the wasps bonds are due to be paid back? Am I right in thinking 2021? To see how they fair on making the return payments and with the current financial position clubs in all sports will find themselves is an even big incentive for them to stay away for another year.
Try to either get a better deal or dare I say it the wasps go out of business or they are forced to sell ricoh?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

BigadamL

The nob sounds like he’s run up about 10 sets of stairs! He could tell me I’ve won the euro millions and he would annoy me. Never sounds like he cares or can be arsed

higgs

Wasps can see both the ka-ching of Championship crowds after Covid and the need for immediate revenue before crowds return. You'd like to think CCFC hold the trump cards this time round, but who knows. As much as I dislike the souless Ricoh, I only hope if we do return that it's on a long term deal so we don't have to go through this a third time.
What about the state of the playing surface we need to be back at the ricoh but no rugby to be played there

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

What about the state of the playing surface we need to be back at the ricoh but no rugby to be played there

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Or a suitable pitch laid and appropriate maintenance, This is problematic, as I am sure they are on about resuming the rugby premiership later this summer, and not sure how/whether the resumption of football/rugby seasons will allow for anything to be done. We cannot resume playing on the pitch Wasps were last playing on. Madness.

cc84cov

Or a suitable pitch laid and appropriate maintenance, This is problematic, as I am sure they are on about resuming the rugby premiership later this summer, and not sure how/whether the resumption of football/rugby seasons will allow for anything to be done. We cannot resume playing on the pitch Wasps were last playing on. Madness.
We will be relegated 100% sharing a pitch with wasps

cc84cov

I see the telegraph are running the story of Coventry chairmen pushing to get Us back to Ricoh

Gynnsthetonic

Swansea and Wigan share with rugby clubs, their pitch seems to hold up okay so it can be done and it’s always pissing down in Wales.
Reading-London Irish, Bristol City-Bristol Bears, Watford-Saracens at one point, and football teams sharing grounds

chiefdave

I see the telegraph are running the story of Coventry chairmen pushing to get Us back to Ricoh
Think its pretty obvious the Telegraph have been prompted by Wasps. They've run multiple stories now on a Ricoh return.

Went on the Telegraph site last night. There was three stories linked to CCFC but amazingly when we've just won promotion none of them were positive. One was the council having a go about supporters being racist, one was the police trying to identify supporters for causing trouble and one was Wasps generously congratulating us on promotion. They really don't like having to report anything positive about the club.

Users who are viewing this thread