Tim and Humble Pie (1 Viewer)

Having witnessed the phenominal response of CCFC fans in rejoicing the return to the Ricoh by all the ticket frenzy I do hope Mr Fisher is scoffing ample portions of humble pie and must now be operating in splendid isolation with his Plan B going spectacularly wrong.

He ought to fall on his sword immediately and resign forthwith and not darken our doorsteps again or issue a statement admitting his fanatical insistence in pursuing the Northampton venture was a complete disaster.

Watch this space

Samo

Having witnessed the phenominal response of CCFC fans in rejoicing the return to the Ricoh by all
the ticket frenzy I do hope Mr Fisher is scoffing ample portions of humble pie and must now be operating in splendid isolation with his Plan B going spectacularly wrong.

He ought to fall on his sword immediately and resign forthwith and not darken our doorsteps again or issue a statement admitting his fanatical insistence in pursuing the Northampton venture was a complete disaster.

Watch this space

Never thought I'd see the words Tim (fisher) and humble in the same sentence.

ampthill_sba

There is a train of thought however which goes: the year of sacrifice has forced a deal through for the Ricoh that will allow CCFC to compete in L1 and with FFP & that no fans have deserted the club, possibly more are being attracted. TF is undoubtedly hated by all but it is possible the club at the beginning of next season may be in a better position than it would have been had it have not had the year away. I'm not sure how strong a financial position we are now in and whether the losses of the year away will be made up by the new deal and renewed interest?

wingy

Having witnessed the phenominal response of CCFC fans in rejoicing the return to the Ricoh by all the ticket frenzy I do hope Mr Fisher is scoffing ample portions of humble pie and must now be operating in splendid isolation with his Plan B going spectacularly wrong.

Watch this space

If he's staying ,just what Is his remit.

If he's staying It's time to connect properly and drop the Same line he gave out on Shane's show,same Drivel.

I wasn't joking when I said he should be up Gallagher retail park ,wandering long the que dishing out the Tickets ,the least he could do and again just what else Is he currently useful for .

A new Local chairman Is what we need now.

As for games ,solely Involved In backing the team now and pushing them on to success ,best way to rid ourselves of this whole episode and those who engineered It ,sick of feeling negative regards what should be a Passion

Flying Fokker

There is also a train of thought that anyone who espouses losses year on year and then chooses to cut of it's income stream is a complete idiot. It probably cost sisu 4 million to move away from the Ricoh. That money would have been better spent giving Higgs what they needed to get out of ACL.

wingy

There is a train of thought however which goes: the year of sacrifice has forced a deal through for the Ricoh that will allow CCFC to compete in L1 and with FFP & that no fans have deserted the club, possibly more are being attracted. TF is undoubtedly hated by all but it is possible the club at the beginning of next season may be in a better position than it would have been had it have not had the year away. I'm not sure how strong a financial position we are now in and whether the losses of the year away will be made up by the new deal and renewed interest?

Agree with most of that ,but think we have to wait to see If the Support level stays positive after the Offers Etc.

henry the wasp

Id like to see him spend 30 days in the hole. Although I expect his job is as safe as yesterday is.

Last edited:

SkyBlueSid

Fisher predicted that we would all be back after 3 games. He was spectacularly wrong. Make no mistake - the 90% of us City fans who stayed away have secured our return. Humiliating the odious Fisher is a bonus. The year at Northampton with no serious income has been a disaster and that money will not be recovered. Once the euphoria of the return has gone after the Gillingham game, attendances will level out at around what they were 2-3 years ago.

Fisher's strategy has backfired in a big way and he should have been summarily dismissed by now. The club's use of Waggott to do Fisher's job in recent weeks shows how little credibility he has left.

Flying Fokker

If he's staying ,just what Is his remit.

If he's staying It's time to connect properly and drop the Same line he gave out on Shane's show,same Drivel.

I wasn't joking when I said he should be up Gallagher retail park ,wandering long the que dishing out the Tickets ,the least he could do and again just what else Is he currently useful for .

A new Local chairman Is what we need now.

As for games ,solely Involved In backing the team now and pushing them on to success ,best way to rid ourselves of this whole episode and those who engineered It ,sick of feeling negative regards what should be a Passion

Steve Waggot was doing that yesterday. Excellent PR. Do you really think people want Fisher around? It would have spread like wildfire and either sent people packing or attracted negativity. Fisher can do one. He could be in the background feeding pennies in to the electric meter at the store of course.

wingy

Id like to see him spend 30 days in the hole. Although I expect his job is as safe as yesterday.

Now we have the Chinese wall I don't think we need him to interface with the Support ,that should be the Role of a Local New chairman.

He should stay well In the Background and pursue his and SISU policy ,whatever that End Is ,A Sale of The Club IMO.

wingy

Steve Waggot was doing that yesterday. Excellent PR. Do you really think people want Fisher around? It would have spread like wildfire and either sent people packing or attracted negativity. Fisher can do one. He could be in the background feeding pennies in to the electric meter at the store of course.

OF Course Not ,,,,,,,,but he may well stay around ,my subsequent post deals with that.

Samo

Everyone talks as though he's the organ grinder... He's just the monkey.

SonOfSnoz

Fisher predicted that we would all be back after 3 games. He was spectacularly wrong. Make no mistake - the 90% of us City fans who stayed away have secured our return. Humiliating the odious Fisher is a bonus. The year at Northampton with no serious income has been a disaster and that money will not be recovered. Once the euphoria of the return has gone after the Gillingham game, attendances will level out at around what they were 2-3 years ago.

Fisher's strategy has backfired in a big way and he should have been summarily dismissed by now. The club's use of Waggott to do Fisher's job in recent weeks shows how little credibility he has left.

But Tim was spot on, we are back in Cov after 3 home games......minus one season!

The season away ensured a new managable deal for the club!

Abscence seems to have made the skyblue fans grow fonder!!

Personally, I think Sisu have played a blinder!!!!!!!

RFC

Plus a large measure of common sense from all parties involved, let's be positive instead of harping back on all the negatives.

Noggin

But Tim was spot on, we are back in Cov after 3 home games......minus one season!

they had the option of the deal before moving away and the club now has a fraction of the season ticket holders, no home shirt sponsor and a crappy away shirt sponsor that likely provides no money, very few other sponsors, a shitty club shop with a small amount of merchandise that isn't at our ground and can't handle a few hundred people at once trying to buy online, a small weak squad that probably can't challenge for promotion,

Lets hope this amazing attendance we are hopefully about to get translates into bigger attendances for the season but I don't think it will and the small amount of season tickets sold so far suggests that unfortunately. I hope so much we can beat Gillingham and people keep coming back and we have 15k for the season and can have a go at promotion but it's much more likely that we drop to our lowest attendances at the ricoh by a couple of thousand and we struggle along with the club permanently damaged by what they have done.

It's fantastic that we are back, its a massive step in the right direction but the club has huge work ahead of them fixing what they have broken and had we not moved away last season easily could have been playoffs and our best attendances for awhile.

lifelongcityfan

Everyone talks as though he's the organ grinder... He's just the monkey.
I personally will never forgive sisu or tim fisher for what they have done..rfc has been in continuous support ot Tim, SISU and their court actions...the vast majority of which have been correctly called by a judge..so i believe my comment is valid...rfc continues to wind people up on this site

SkyBlueSid

Then you are seriously deluded. No business throws away the business that they did, especially from regular customers. Yes, there will be a large attendance for the homecoming, but that is a one-off, rather like the Crewe game was in the hope of a Wembley ticket. It will n ot be the sell-out some are predicting though.

As for absence making the heart growing fonder, that remains to be seen. I have grave doubts that anyone who didn't have a ST in 2012-3 will suddenly be inspired into buying one. There have been too many false dawns. If they manage to sell 7000, and get average gates of 12000 they will have done well to retain what they had before.

You are reckoning without two factors in your optimism. Firstly, there has been much damage done to the goodwill shown to the fans, and they need to try and fix that as much as possible during what will be a short honeymoon period. I am not convinced that will happen. Secondly, the team really isn't that good. We are in the third division and have won once in the last 11 games. That seriously has to change. If we are not at least in with a chance of the play-offs by March there will be less than 10000 again. Sisu have gravely wounded the club and the patient is only just starting a long recovery - hopefully.

LastGarrison

Will be interesting to see the reaction to him if he continues to sit in with all the fans as he did at Sixfields.

shmmeee

There's a train of thought that the world is secretly run by lizard aliens. Doesn't mean it stands up to the slightest bit of intellectual scrutiny though.

Even if its free rent and 100% of the revenue (and we know it's not let's be honest) the last 18 months have been a disaster it'll take years to recover from. And the damage might not be over yet, could still have to she'll out for a stadium outside of Cov that no one wants.

torchomatic

With the clamour for tickets I would say it's taken 7 days to recover.

the last 18 months have been a disaster it'll take years to recover from. And the damage might not be over yet,

Evans1883

Our average this season willbe around 12-14 k i imagine , we were selling tickets at shitfield for around 14 pound i believe , with 1500 turning up , add another 7-8k tickets at 21-24 pound a pop , sisu have shown how inept they are at working out a simple fucking sum

James Smith

havent you crawled back under the rock from where you came yet?
RFC is entitled to his opinion as are you - no need to get on his back for a non abusive post.

skybluetony176

I think TF may come out looking better than you think out of this one.....

To be honest he hit the bottom of my Tim Fisher appreciation cycle a long time ago. So if he don't go their is really only one direction he should go in. But the truth is he had his sorry arse pulled out of this mess by Mr Waggot and the very good Right Reverend. If this was handled by Mr Fisher I think most likely we'd be in Northampton for the rest of the season.

Our average this season willbe around 12-14 k i imagine , we were selling tickets at shitfield for around 14 pound i believe , with 1500 turning up , add another 7-8k tickets at 21-24 pound a pop , sisu have shown how inept they are at working out a simple fucking sum

I agree, simple maths show we were losing approx £175K per home game on just ticket receipts only - totally unsustainable even with TF's warped logic - how on earth it was allowed to continue for so long is simply unbelievable.

letsallsingtogether

Watch this Space have heard some news about Tim and Mark today all will soon be revealed.

Users who are viewing this thread