Tim and Humble Pie (3 Viewers)

SonOfSnoz

Our average this season willbe around 12-14 k i imagine , we were selling tickets at shitfield for around 14 pound i believe , with 1500 turning up , add another 7-8k tickets at 21-24 pound a pop , sisu have shown how inept they are at working out a simple fucking sum

Surely not that simple??
What about policing costs etc?
Must be some logic in reducing numbers to fit in with fairplay?
Last season, we truly were a third division club playing in a third division stadium, with third division kids.

From Friday we play in a prem arena, get in!!!!!!

But more crowd, more costs, hence the stand closure debacle.

Last edited:

SonOfSnoz

As Tim is the main boss, Joy's the silent partner & funder, don't hold your breath.....unless he sells his shares & we have more musical chairs??

dongonzalos

Er dont think so;)

Normally I am in agreement with what you have to say.

However as much as it pains me.......

We all know SISU should have just paid the going rate for ACL. They chose not to.
Mr Fisher decision or Joys???

That decision whoever made it was an absolute shocker. That decision is where the fault lies.

However after that decision Cov are from a SISU perspective screwed. In a corner one option accept what ACL offer or nothing.

Mr Fisher produced an escape route. I don't like it, I didn't believe the FL were that weak to swallow it. However he got it.

Cov are suddenly back where they were negotiating with ACL. One difference the club are kidnapped.

Hence for a SISU or someone who thinks only from a CCFC perspective are in a far better negotiating position.

Also he has held onto the threat of a new stadium as it is only a two-four deal.

This is what he will use for the real target the Ricoh.

As I have always maintained I just hope the charity gets every penny it should.

However I personally I am not fooled that mr fisher has egg on his face

Last edited:

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

We all know SISU should have just paid the going rate for ACL. They chose not to.

That decision whoever made it was an absolute shocker. That decision is where the fault lies.

However after that decision Cov are from a SISU perspective screwed. In a corner one option accept what ACL offer or nothing.

Mr Fisher produced an escape route. I don't like it, I didn't believe the FL were that weak to swallow it. However he got it.

Cov are suddenly back where they were negotiating with ACL. One difference the club are kidnapped.

Hence for a SISU or someone who thinks only from a CCFC perspective are in a far better negotiating position.

Also he has held onto the threat of a new stadium as it is only a two-four deal.

All I can say my friend is watch this space.

Samo

Hate Fisher. Like where we are now. Go figure.

mrtrench

It is my perception that Tim is simply following Joy's instructions. Who honestly believes that the N'ton move was Tim's idea and he pushed it through?
And also remember that allegedly, in private Tim thinks that 'Joy is bonkers'.

NorthernWisdom

It is my perception that Tim is simply following Joy's instructions. Who honestly believes that the N'ton move was Tim's idea and he pushed it through?
And also remember that allegedly, in private Tim thinks that 'Joy is bonkers'.

The problem with removing anybody is that the next bloke/blokette in gets a nice honeymoon period to do whatever they want... and people stop questioning what the strategy of the paymasters actually *is*, just because it's another face gurning away in front of the camera.

Edit: That said, a new ACL head appears to have had some kind of effect just because he didn't carry the baggage with him (despite his own crazed past!), but it doesn't solve all the long term questions if it'sjust a prisoner exchange to get a deal done.

Last edited:

Astute

A new puppet would still have the old master, but at least we wouldn't have the previous lies to refer to. Would give us a chance to build bridges if they are willing to run our club properly this time.

letsallsingtogether

As RFC has said in the past cannot divulge that as they still have some influence within the club.

Quite a few things leaking out now the castle has fallen, just waiting for the gates to be opened.

You will all be pleasantly surprised...

Like it was said to us only 8 weeks ago at our meeting with Joy and co, and by a few posters on here regularly. We will Never return on a Rental agreement.

What has caused this turn around:thinking about:

Source? (said in a Grendel type of way)

Astute

Many things have changed though. A short term deal was never on offer either, after all...

Not sure it applies to listen to public words of anybody really.

So what was the offer of rent free for last season and a reported 150k for the next two seasons then?

NorthernWisdom

So what was the offer of rent free for last season and a reported 150k for the next two seasons then?

Was that the deal where it then went up to £1.3million after?

Or do you mean this from the trust Q&A?

CL would not consider inserting break clauses into the current licence

Or how about the statement that negotiations were at an end and it wa their final offer?

As I said, not sure it applies to listen to public words of anybody really...

letsallsingtogether

Northen I have a text from ML will show you next time we meet up.

He said that this deal was first agreed in January 2013 but was not taken up so it should read what has Changed after all we were told, NEVER GOING BACK TO RENT, on numerous occasions?

Many things have changed though. A short term deal was never on offer either, after all...

Not sure it applies to listen to public words of anybody really.

Astute

Still none the wiser what the point of Labovitch was.

All he seemed to do was antagonise... was his point so people actually realised the others were better than they thought(!)

To take some of the heat away from Fisher. We had the faceless Joy, Waggott who looked after the football side and then we had Fisher who had the job of feeding us mainly lies. How often did they seem to make comments at the same time?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

There is a train of thought however which goes: the year of sacrifice has forced a deal through for the Ricoh that will allow CCFC to compete in L1 and with FFP & that no fans have deserted the club, possibly more are being attracted. TF is undoubtedly hated by all but it is possible the club at the beginning of next season may be in a better position than it would have been had it have not had the year away. I'm not sure how strong a financial position we are now in and whether the losses of the year away will be made up by the new deal and renewed interest?

That view would also ignore the phase ahead of when this story began - when the opportunity existed to buy the Higgs share of the Ricoh; and Fisher led a movement which turned it's back on that opportunity. Okay, tell me that was JS's insistence, but if Fisher as CEO didn't like that, he should have done the proper thing and resigned.

Imagine where we could have been had we taken that chance when open to us?

J

Jack Griffin

To take some of the heat away from Fisher. We had the faceless Joy, Waggott who looked after the football side and then we had Fisher who had the job of feeding us mainly lies. How often did they seem to make comments at the same time?

They often seemed to make contradictory statements, so either they were incapable of coordinating a response, were not team players or were trying to confuse and obfuscate.

Whatever the tactics were, they sure as hell backfired!

Astute

They often seemed to make contradictory statements, so either they were incapable of coordinating a response, were not team players or were trying to confuse and obfuscate.

Whatever the tactics were, they sure as hell backfired!

Or maybe the tactics were not at fault, but their masterplan (if they ever had a plan) had some serious faults.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

With half a stadium management company and no hope of ever getting the other half?

The methods may not be palatable, but I remain to be convinced that any deals on offer for the Ricoh have been worth taking.

With the greatest of respect, they could probably have bought half of ACL for the same price as the lost revenues of the Sixfields farce; had a tangible state in what should be an appreciating asset, a positive springboard from which to negotiate the balance of the shareholding, and not left the cub hamstrung with FFP limitations in seasons to come

NorthernWisdom

With the greatest of respect, they could probably have bought half of ACL for the same price as the lost revenues of the Sixfields farce; had a tangible state in what should be an appreciating asset, a positive springboard from which to negotiate the balance of the shareholding, and not left the cub hamstrung with FFP limitations in seasons to come

With the greatest of respect, I remain to be convinced owning half a stadium management company is a deal worth making.

And given we're on super-fan status around this board lately, this was also something I told McGinnity in our one-on-one session back in the day ;) so this is not a stance supporting SISU in the slightest.

With the greatest of respect.

Grendel

I don't see half ownership of ACL via the Higgs share gaining anything. The club would still be liable for rent - there is no profit for investors and the decisions regarding future strategy will not be made by them. Half the revenue from ACL is what? It's pretty worthless and I see no evidence it's an appreciating asset.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

With the greatest of respect, I remain to be convinced owning half a stadium management company is a deal worth making.

Well - again it would cost less than we lost at Sixfields; you could count (via cross-invoicing and the like) the turnover to help with FFP, and it makes profit. That any good for starters?

Users who are viewing this thread