TICKETS (10 Viewers)

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

There’s a good chance I could end up with tickets on my season ticket, my phone, printed out and actual delivered tickets.

If you do, can I buy one off you and then I'll be able to sit on your lap. 😂😂😂

bigfatronssba

Still utterly bizarre and I’m sure Doug will be sorting over summer

I mean the fact it’s run as a committee of all vested parties is a very sensible idea. It’s just some of the conclusions it comes to that I would question.

Certainly it would be interesting to know who is representing CCFC and how good their debating skills are.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Reply from club
Stadium safety team is sag police stadium owner and club
So none of them have realised they'll be a laughing stock on Sunday when people see they've segregated our own fans and when they told everyone it's a sell-out when it'll be 4k below capacity.

Please can you ask them how, 14 years ago, the Cup 1/4 final v Chelsea managed to get an attendance of 31,407?...

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

It’s not just pies and crisps, there are hot dogs, burgers and Mac and cheese. You don’t seem to be able to buy a pie on its own now (£4.50), you have to have potato wedges with it (£9.00).

Is that in Club Coventry ?

MalcSB

So none of them have realised they'll be a laughing stock on Sunday when people see they've segregated our own fans and when they told everyone it's a sell-out when it'll be 4k below capacity.

Please can you ask them how, 14 years ago, the Cup 1/4 final v Chelsea managed to get an attendance of 31,407?...
The world is more risk averse than it was 14 years ago.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Yes, thats my membership.

Okay, but it wasn't like that when I had a season ticket in there, thing's must have improved since then.

Sky Blue Pete

Really??

bigfatronssba

So if it’s a sell out- what’s the overall attendance? Higher or lower than the Birmingham game.

It’ll be 29k (assuming they don’t suddenly find another empty block in the North Stand)
27k City, 2k Boro

Calista

Go for it

list the dozens
Haven’t got time to go though 66 pages again.

Numerous *different* ways – people being wrongly excluded from the ticketing website because they are a bot; allowed into the purchase area then sat watching a circle go around until long after the tickets had all gone; getting a baffling variety of completely meaningless error messages; prevented from selecting tickets with incorrect reasons (or no reason) given; allowed to select tickets but not to buy them; allowed to buy them and then the system hung up; bought tickets and then told days later they haven’t got what they asked for; misled about availability and lured into buying hospitality they didn’t want; travelled to the stadium and queued for ages (including ST holders) but sent away; hung around for a promised morning update which came at 1pm saying actually it wasn’t anywhere near sold out and loads more all across the stadium would go on sale in 30 minutes…

These are just a few off the top of my head, there are plenty more. You’re ignoring what happened to others just because you got what you wanted straight away. I’m not saying any of it was intentional btw., just a catalogue of cockups. Hopefully in the close season the club will go though everything and put things right, because we all want regular sell-out games and this stuff can't be allowed to happen again.

rob9872

I mean the fact it’s run as a committee of all vested parties is a very sensible idea. It’s just some of the conclusions it comes to that I would question.

Certainly it would be interesting to know who is representing CCFC and how good their debating skills are.
No doubt Dave Boddy who is only good when lots of people are involved and it's a mass debate.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

It’ll be 29k (assuming they don’t suddenly find another empty block in the North Stand)
27k City, 2k Boro

Crazy, 30+k against local rivals Birmingham, and Middlesbrough with no history of violence 29k. Crazy.

slowpoke

Are they drip feeding tickets or something? Another 30 or so just became available in the family zone
I don’t know for definite but Acadamy kids normally get a couple of tickets each for first team games, and yesterday was the final training day of the week so maybe a few weren’t taken up.

Kilclines curly mullet

Numerous *different* ways – people being wrongly excluded from the ticketing website because they are a bot; allowed into the purchase area then sat watching a circle go around until long after the tickets had all gone; getting a baffling variety of completely meaningless error messages; prevented from selecting tickets with incorrect reasons (or no reason) given; allowed to select tickets but not to buy them; allowed to buy them and then the system hung up; bought tickets and then told days later they haven’t got what they asked for; misled about availability and lured into buying hospitality they didn’t want; travelled to the stadium and queued for ages (including ST holders) but sent away; hung around for a promised morning update which came at 1pm saying actually it wasn’t anywhere near sold out and loads more all across the stadium would go on sale in 30 minutes…

These are just a few off the top of my head, there are plenty more. You’re ignoring what happened to others just because you got what you wanted straight away. I’m not saying any of it was intentional btw., just a catalogue of cockups. Hopefully in the close season the club will go though everything and put things right, because we all want regular sell-out games and this stuff can't be allowed to happen again.
How do you know I got what I wanted ?

I am not ignoring anyone’s individual troubles, only that person can determine whether they feel mislead / frustrated etc..

What this confirms is that, as you rightly say, the club will need a better infrastructure should we get promoted

If we don’t get promoted then we can go back to 20k for each home game and look forward to this all over again in 12 months (hopefully)

I just happen to believe that not all of the issues are club related and can be linked back to:

Unexpectedly getting to the play offs and having a short turn around
A sudden increase in ’supporters’ wanting tickets - some of whom have been to very few games in the past therefore may be unaware of the ticket systems / allocating to friends and family online etc
A restriction in seating due to previous trouble
An external company (ticketmaster) dealing with the tickets for the majority

Calista

... and availability still going up and down like a bride's nightie ;)

pusbccfc

Why didn't they just open Block 13 where the Jimmy flag is and keep the shallow netting by the metal railings? At least 200 seats there. Then just have the usual steward every 3 rows by the netting?

Screenshot_20230512-164635.png

shmmeee

Crazy, 30+k against local rivals Birmingham, and Middlesbrough with no history of violence 29k. Crazy.

It’s not about violence though. 13 is closed because apparently the concourse can’t handle another 300 people. And the away stand is half full because that’s what we agreed to give each other. As far as I can tell you could only fit the 300 home fans in 13 in beyond what’s there and the rest of the shortfall is 2.5k in the away end. Happy to be told otherwise tho.

mmttww

It isn't worth arguing with Nick sometimes, he has no real curiosity to look into anything beyond vague statements. I mean who would trust a word of what that clown Boddy implies about anything.
Nick and I aren't exactly pals but this is b*llocks. He's pointed you to documents setting out responsibilities etc. If you don't like the answer, fine. Doesn't change it. You want it to be complicated and dramatic; it isn't.

Maybe move on, enjoy your weekend, enjoy the game, and trust that Pete and others will keep the pressure on to get to the bottom of things when the season's done. We're not gonna get serious answers right now.

rob9872

Yeah, I think they may be a little busy right now :)

bigfatronssba

It’s not about violence though. 13 is closed because apparently the concourse can’t handle another 300 people. And the away stand is half full because that’s what we agreed to give each other. As far as I can tell you could only fit the 300 home fans in 13 in beyond what’s there and the rest of the shortfall is 2.5k in the away end. Happy to be told otherwise tho.

I don't think the concourse is the issue with 13, as the entrance to 13 is via the same concourse as the rest of the East Stand

shmmeee

I don't think the concourse is the issue with 13, as the entrance to 13 is via the same concourse as the rest of the East Stand

“Why can you never open the whole of the South Stand?

As well as the segregation required by the SAG, the South Stand concourse capacity is not large enough to safely accommodate the number of seats/people in the South Stand.

Why do CCFC have more blocks of segregation than other clubs?

The level of segregation between home and away fans is a decision made by the Safety Advisory Group, not CCFC.”

That’s block 13, there’s no other blocks that aren’t open.

pusbccfc

Yep. 13 is a part of the away end. That concourse under Singers Corner is never overcrowded compared to most grounds.

They are simply limiting risk.

Hobo

Blocks not being available is nothing to do with the club, Frasers, the police, CCC or SAG. I reckon it's that woman who is in charge of the pedestrian crossing at the lights and roundabout after the game. Haven't seen her recently so obviously got her promotion 😆

pusbccfc

“Why can you never open the whole of the South Stand?

As well as the segregation required by the SAG, the South Stand concourse capacity is not large enough to safely accommodate the number of seats/people in the South Stand.

Why do CCFC have more blocks of segregation than other clubs?

The level of segregation between home and away fans is a decision made by the Safety Advisory Group, not CCFC.”

That’s block 13, there’s no other blocks that aren’t open.

That top paragraph is complete and utter bollocks.

The south stand was sold out for the Women's cup match in February.

rob9872

It just seems a really odd decision not to open 13. They'd have been better off opening 13 and then taking the 300 seats from the last approx 8 seats netted off on the end of 11 all the way up, at least there wouldnt be a gap and the gap between h&a actually bigger. Would have still been wrong but easier to justify and probably stopped a lot of the complaints.

shmmeee

That top paragraph is complete and utter bollocks.

The south stand was sold out for the Women's cup match in February.

Of course it is. On what planet is a stadium less than 15 years old and built for this purpose not able to handle it.

I don’t see why you couldn’t have stewards directing people away if it’s closed off under 11/12/13 and hits capacity. Apart from anything else it’s only 300 people.

Sky Blue Pete

Agreed

Users who are viewing this thread