Ticketmaster (1 Viewer)

Bertola

Ticketmaster, a Live Nation Entertainment company, is pleased to announce that it has been appointed as Coventry City FC’s ticketing partner from the commencement of the 2016/2017 season.

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/...ment-coventry-city-201617-season-3081019.aspx

Good news. I've never had an issue with the online ticket office myself, but know plenty who have. Hopefully this will be a step in the right direction

Nick

Administrator
Good news, we will hopefully get a much better service as customers now!

Hopefully the club aren't being hammered for 100 much of a %.

I think Dave has worked with them before so knows more on how it works!

chiefdave

If the ticketing works people will have to find something else to complain about!

Ticketmaster is by far the best platform. Will mean if we have any 'big' games there won't be the issues we getting tickets we've seen in the past.

The only issue will be booking fees. Are they being added on top for supporters to pay or being absorbed in the ticket price meaning the club gets less revenue per ticket sold.

Interesting that its an end to end deal.

Nick

Administrator
If the ticketing works people will have to find something else to complain about!

Ticketmaster is by far the best platform. Will mean if we have any 'big' games there won't be the issues we getting tickets we've seen in the past.

The only issue will be booking fees. Are they being added on top for supporters to pay or being absorbed in the ticket price meaning the club gets less revenue per ticket sold.

Interesting that its an end to end deal.

Do Ticketmaster already have the technology to have touch screen machines etc?

End to end is great for internet / phone it is just in person. How does that usually work?

Cranfield Sky Blue

So that's when the ST's go on sale sorted then!!

The new service will be introduced over the next few weeks, starting with our season ticket renewal campaign in early May. "

torchomatic

Great news.

chiefdave

I think Dave has worked with them before so knows more on how it works!

Couple of ways it works. Both are essentially the same thing though. There's a cloud based backend system that allows you to add events, set prices etc. The front end can be the regular ticketmaster site and / or a customised front end. I suspect we'll have a customised page with our own branding.

The system very rarely falls over due to demand. They have a system where the system is split to prevent overload so you are held in a queue until there is the capacity to deal with your request.

You can pull a fair amount of data out of the system. For example you can see who has clicked on a ticket link in an email but then not purchased tickets, that allows you to send follow up mails or a ticket offer.

It shouldn't be tremendously expensive to implement, the infrastructure is all cloud based and already in place. They make their money off the booking fee rather than changing for the service. There will be a setup cost for customisation and any equipment needed in the club shop & ticket outlets but that's about it I'd guess. As I mentioned it might lead to booking fees being charged on tickets but I guess if you want the top service you have to pay for it.

chiefdave

Do Ticketmaster already have the technology to have touch screen machines etc?

End to end is great for internet / phone it is just in person. How does that usually work?

The infrastructure is definitely there as they use it in the states and its all the same back end. Can't think of anywhere I've seen it used here but there's no reason I can think of that it couldn't be.

Phone will just go through to their call centre, their call centre system will show the number being called is CCFC and they will answer accordingly. To all intents and purposes the call centre just does the transaction you would do on the internet. Same in person, they will just do the transaction for you and print the ticket. Theoretically you could make tickets available in more locations.

Nick

Administrator
Couple of ways it works. Both are essentially the same thing though. There's a cloud based backend system that allows you to add events, set prices etc. The front end can be the regular ticketmaster site and / or a customised front end. I suspect we'll have a customised page with our own branding.

The system very rarely falls over due to demand. They have a system where the system is split to prevent overload so you are held in a queue until there is the capacity to deal with your request.

You can pull a fair amount of data out of the system. For example you can see who has clicked on a ticket link in an email but then not purchased tickets, that allows you to send follow up mails or a ticket offer.

It shouldn't be tremendously expensive to implement, the infrastructure is all cloud based and already in place. They make their money off the booking fee rather than changing for the service. There will be a setup cost for customisation and any equipment needed in the club shop & ticket outlets but that's about it I'd guess. As I mentioned it might lead to booking fees being charged on tickets but I guess if you want the top service you have to pay for it.

How do you think they will work with season tickets?

matesx

good news

the ticketing process has been embarrassing in recent times

Nick

Administrator
Phone will just go through to their call centre, their call centre system will show the number being called is CCFC and they will answer accordingly. To all intents and purposes the call centre just does the transaction you would do on the internet. Same in person, they will just do the transaction for you and print the ticket. Theoretically you could make tickets available in more locations.

So all they do is get a login to the system and a ticket printer to plug in?

Captain Dart

What is happening about tickets at the club shop & the Butts outlet?

chiefdave

How do you think they will work with season tickets?

I've never done season tickets but they do other football clubs (Spurs and West Ham for starters) and they also do a lot of American sports where they offer all sorts of match packages and part season tickets so the facility exists.

They can pull over existing account into if they want. Your existing supporter number would become your ticketmaster login. If they do that they can assign current season ticket holders their existing seat.

slyblue57

Not convinced its a good move with our support.
Ticketmaster add quite a lot to the face value of our tickets with their booking fees.
I think it will put a lot of people off.
I hope the cash turnstiles will be open for all the games or I do see a negative impact on sales.
It will be interesting to see what the mark up by ticket master is.
I think I must ve been the only person to use the City site to buy tickets online without an issue
at all over the last 3 years.
It will be interesting to see how my season ticket renewal will go through.
I also hope the few remaining staff do nt lose their jobs.
pusb

Nick

Administrator
Not convinced its a good move with our support.
Ticketmaster add quite a lot to the face value of our tickets with their booking fees.
I think it will put a lot of people off.
I hope the cash turnstiles will be open for all the games or I do see a negative impact on sales.
It will be interesting to see what the mark up by ticket master is.
I think I must ve been the only person to use the City site to buy tickets online without an issue
at all over the last 3 years.
It will be interesting to see how my season ticket renewal will go through.
I also hope the few remaining staff do nt lose their jobs.
pusb

The thing is though, improvements were always going to come at a cost :(

chiefdave

You have to laugh. Nothing has been announced about booking fees or ticket prices yet the complainers are already out in force on twitter.

ashbyjan

There is an SCG meeting tomorrow so will try and get some more information from CA. Worry is the relatively high fees indicated on the Spurs website - as a percentage of a Prem ticket its probably OK but £3.50 on top of a Div One ticket would be high - needs clarification.

This off Spurs Website:

Fee Information

Admin Fees

Match Tickets:

£1.75 per ticket online during Members Sale
£3.50 per ticket online during Non Members Sale
£2.25 per ticket Over the Phone during Members Sale
£3.50 per ticket Over the Phone during Non Members Sale
Stadium Tours:

£1.50 per ticket
One Hotspur Season Tickets:

£2.25 per ticket online. £3.50 per ticket over the phone

Nick

Administrator
There is an SCG meeting tomorrow so will try and get some more information from CA. Worry is the relatively high fees indicated on the Spurs website - as a percentage of a Prem ticket its probably OK but £3.50 on top of a Div One ticket would be high - needs clarification.

This off Spurs Website:

Fee Information

Admin Fees

Match Tickets:

£1.75 per ticket online during Members Sale
£3.50 per ticket online during Non Members Sale
£2.25 per ticket Over the Phone during Members Sale
£3.50 per ticket Over the Phone during Non Members Sale
Stadium Tours:

£1.50 per ticket
One Hotspur Season Tickets:

£2.25 per ticket online. £3.50 per ticket over the phone

I guess they either add booking fees or put the ticket prices up.

Surely people shout for a new ticket system, it needs to be paid for somehow? Whether it's the price goes up, or the booking fees.

chiefdave

If you work on a 9K average attendance and 4K season ticket holders that equates to a cost of nearly £.5m a season. How do you suggest that is funded if the cost isn't passed on to fans?

ashbyjan

Just had a look on Wasps website and they use Ticketmaster as well - the print your own ticket seems a good option as it has no booking fee. Wonder if we have worked with Wasps and this means we will be able to use same system and the barcode entry system etc. Wasps fees for comparison are below.
[h=4]BOOKING FEES[/h]
What Do You Pay?
All ticket fees paid via this website are subject to any administration, postage and packing fees.[h=2]Wasps Booking Fees - Typical Fees[/h]A maximum charge of £3.50 per booking will be levied across all online and telephone bookings, regardless of the total number and value of tickets purchased. This fee is inclusive of postage and packing

Any purchaser who receives a complimentary ticket or chooses to visit the Ricoh Arena Ticket Office to purchase in person will not be subjected to a booking fee.
[h=2]Delivery fees[/h]From October 26th 2015, this website will support Print-at-Home ticketing. As a purchaser, you can choose this option but must print your own match ticket and use this to enter the Ricoh Arena on matchday. Wasps will not send you a match ticket.

Supporters who choose the Print-at-Home option, you will be not be charged a booking fee.

OffenhamSkyBlue

It's a shame that this has had to happen the year after the club have been driving the £20 maximum across the board. Anyone who thinks Ticketmaster will not lump on a hefty booking fee, based on their previous track record, is naïve in the extreme. I reckon we'll be paying £25 a match next season.
I have never had a problem with the online system, although the lack of ability to print at home was poor.

Nick

Administrator
I seem to recall people suggesting that we should look at what Wasps do. They use Ticketmaster and have a £3.50 booking fee.

Scandalous!

It is trying to encourage people to print at home and take them.

Saying that though, how many households have printers nowadays?

I wouldn't mind the booking fee of £3.50 if I am getting a much better service than before.

dongonzalos

Will be great to finally have a professional service for buying tickets.
Will be disappointing if it leads to a significant increase in the costs of tickets to supporters. I don't mind a £1 increase for a professional service. It would cost me that in hassle before.

Who do Wasps use? Do they have ticketing issues? (Genuine question)

dongonzalos

Sorry replied to the start of the thread now just saw the wasps one above.
£3.50 is a rip off. I hope that is not the case for CCFC.

Nick

Administrator
Will be great to finally have a professional service for buying tickets.
Will be disappointing if it leads to a significant increase in the costs of tickets to supporters. I don't mind a £1 increase for a professional service. It would cost me that I'm hassle before.

Who do Wasps use? Do they have ticketing issues? (Genuine question)

It says about 2 posts before yours?

Even if it wasn't Ticketmaster and they had a different system leased / developed it would cost, that cost would always be passed on with tickets.

I'd bet it will be about £3.50 the same as Wasps.

ajsccfc

Ticketmaster also run a ticket resale company so I'm not happy about this, someone will almost certainly snap up all the tickets for our home games as soon as they go on sale and then put them on Getmein.com for a massive markup. If it happens with Adele, it can happen with Accrington.

Nick

Administrator
Ticketmaster also run a ticket resale company so I'm not happy about this, someone will almost certainly snap up all the tickets for our home games as soon as they go on sale and then put them on Getmein.com for a massive markup. If it happens with Adele, it can happen with Accrington.

I noticed that earlier on the spurs site that they have a resale bit.

Bit of a gamble to buy all of out tickets for resale though :)

Users who are viewing this thread