Ticketing System (1 Viewer)

skybluelee

Yes online can be easy but no good for last minute buying.
Or if you have to collect from the Ricoh just before the match.
It is easy for me as I pass the Ricoh every day on the way to work, but they have to think of the thousands of fans who are not local, Some come a fair distance and only just get to the ground on time for kick off.

Long distance fans will almost exclusively buy online so no problem on that score.

Long distance fans will almost exclusively buy online so no problem on that score.

I've just bought online this morning, but I'm expecting long queues again when I get up to the ground about 5pm. There seems to be no common sense up there on matchdays, last time I had to collect they only had one window open doing both sales and collections, you could see plenty of other staff in there! I was queueing for nearly an hour before some braniac decide to open another window.

mrtrench

The online experience could be improved too. Once you've selected the game it doesn't show which game you are buying tickets for all the way through. I always double check when buying online - just putting the name of the game on the screen as you work through would be helpful.

jas365

The whole ticketing system is laughable.

OK the Gallagher retail site wasn't perfect, but at least it had terminals and the space to cope with a larger demand. Now if you get a couple of people turn up to buy tickets they can't then answer the phones.

I dread to think what would happen if we got to the 3rd round and drew a big Premier League club, we'd be screwed.

ajsccfc

It's little things that make the difference as well, if there's 25 people queuing for hours they are going to be annoyed.

Go to Tesco and buy some disposable cups, buy a couple of packs of biscuits. Make everybody in the queue a cup of tea!

What would that cost, tenner at the most?

I remember about 20 years or so ago, lined up outside the Highfield Road ticket office for a game around New Year and they did exactly that. Can't remember the game, can remember the free hot chocolate!

italiahorse

Latest on Club Site

Where can I buy on matchday (Tuesday, 3rd November)?

• Matchday Ticket Office at Ricoh Arena (Open from 10am to 7:45pm)*
www.ccfcshop.co.uk (Up until midday)
• 6 Cash Turnstiles - 30 to 35 to the rear of the North Stand for seats in the East Stand (Open from 6:30pm)
Tickets will NOT be available at the Butts Park Arena Ticket Office or over the phone on matchday.
Tickets will NOT be available on the day from the Club Shop at Arena Shopping Park
Tickets for our Emirates FA Cup game versus Northampton will NOT be available to buy from the Matchday Ticket Office on Tuesday.

* Cash sales are not available from 7:15pm onwards from the Matchday Ticket Office – cash sales from this time will only be at the Cash Turnstiles

Where can I collect on matchday (Tuesday 3rd November)?

• Matchday Ticket Office at Ricoh Arena – collections from Midday to 7:45pm

Read more at http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/...y-league-one-2779917.aspx#UdtJopMDwEqz8ydL.99

Specs WT-R75

PBoro home Saturday, Barnsley Tuesday... as soon as the FACUP draw was made and we had another home game for the Saturday the club should have immediately gone to an agency and got an extra few staff to cope with the demand of 3 games in a week. Agency staff only has to sell one ticket on the phone/instore an hour to pay their own salary, every ticket after that is profit. If you turn away just one person then it could have paid for an agency/temporary worker...

Better yet, get some of the youth team players helping out - the fans would enjoy the experience too...

It shouldn't be rocket science, and it really shouldn't need us to tell them this either!

chiefdave

Surely they could open up after the game and sell tickets. Particularly on Saturdays.

When you buy at the stadium on a matchday do they have pre-printed tickets and just give you the next one or is it the same as at the Butts where you can select your seat?

If they're pre-printed that might be why they don't sell tickets for other matches.

wal3590

Think its worth us sending over an email to Old Timothy Fisher? Still have his email address from the moaning I did a few years back, how about we put a few idea together whether they are technical or the idea of self service machines around the city? HE may appreciate a positive email for once of fans trying to help.

chiefdave

Think its worth us sending over an email to Old Timothy Fisher? Still have his email address from the moaning I did a few years back, how about we put a few idea together whether they are technical or the idea of self service machines around the city? HE may appreciate a positive email for once of fans trying to help.

Waggot is probably a better bet, he seems to be in charge of this area and seems fairly responsive to people - well sometimes anyway.

Personally I think its a combination of problems. The system they use seems to be something they have purchased outright and run on their own setup but that doesn't seem to be on a stable connection. Hence the whole thing fell over when they moved to Lockhurst Lane and now they have similar problems at the Butts.

As Nick said they need to get it hosted in a datacentre so that problems at one place don't bring the whole system crashing down.

You've then got the problem with how long it seems to take to serve anyone. No idea why that is, could be the speed of the system which would be resolved by putting the server in a datacentre. Someone, ie: Waggot, needs to make a visit to the shop and work out what is taking so long. If its people pissing about taking forever to decide where they want to sit then maybe the shop needs to have pre-printed tickets and you just get the next one available.

Having only one terminal at the shop doesn't help, think the club have already said this is down to space as they don't run the shop anymore.

The problem with what is and isn't on sale on matchday at the Ricoh could be down to them not having a permanent setup there.

Someone at the club needs to take ownership of the problem, work out what is actually going wrong and put a plan in place. Even if they say we can't change until next summer as it will take a while to changeover at least we will know something is happening.

I always order online which seems to work fine but ever since we have come back to the Ricoh going somewhere to buy tickets has been an issue. Needs sorting ASAP.

When you buy at the stadium on a matchday do they have pre-printed tickets and just give you the next one or is it the same as at the Butts where you can select your seat?

If they're pre-printed that might be why they don't sell tickets for other matches.

Pretty sure they're pre printed - I wasn't given the option to choose a seat last time i did this and was sitting next to the couple i was stood in the queue with!

Re Northampton: I have been trying to find out when reserved STs not taken up will be released. Hoping to get a couple of extra seats close to my STs.
Initial announcement was it would be 10am yesterday. Obviously all the problems referred to above will not have helped and presumably there are some ST holders who still haven't been able to get their seats so that has delayed it. Impossible to contact the ticket office this morning.

Warwickhunt

Exactly, the easier they make it the more will sell.

I did just buy mine online and paid 90p for delivery, but if it was a huge game the site would be down!

It isn't the staff's fault in the shop,I bet it gives them nightmares.

It's the same system as at the ricoh and it was never slow then
To be quite honest I think the Online ability is dragging the ticket office to its knees i am being told its on a shared server with the rest of the Administration. They should seperate the two

Nick

Administrator
To be quite honest I think the Online ability is dragging the ticket office to its knees i am being told its on a shared server with the rest of the Administration. They should seperate the two

really? Where was that said?

rupert_bear

All what has been said above just illustrates the real state of our football club, thankfully the playing side now all the power has been grabbed back from our c.e.o is on the mend but the rest still being run by Steve Waggot is hopeless to say the lease. Saturday i went to buy 4 tickets at about 9.30, went to the shop at Tesco to be told you have to go to the Ricoh, okay no big deal so i jumped in the car off i went, got there and there was one lady selling tickets already printed out, i heard her say got no computers here, these belong to Wasps. I was about sixth in the queue and waited about 25 minutes Christ knows what the queue was like later,Now i'm no computer expert by any means but can't a pc or laptop plug in anywhere? They can't keep saying it is not our ground we can't do this we can't do that, bollox. Billy Smarts circus turns up at Hearsall Common, pitches a tent, opens a trailer and are selling tickets ffs. As said we have got the playing side okay now, well better than it was when the same guy running the rest of the club had the footie side of things grabbed off him. Is there a clue there ?

Warwickhunt

really? Where was that said?
Nick whatever a DMZ is its seems to open up a secure connection onto the server and apparently there are insufficient Spindles to cope with demand.

Nick

Administrator
I was at the Butts yesterday getting my wson a ticket and was talking to the Office manager

If that's the case it really wouldn't be too big of an issue to fix.

If the server is physically located in an office somewhere with a rubbish connection, then when you have people browsing the site, workers in the office, ticket machines all trying to connect to it then it will be slow. Likewise if the actual server is years old with hardly any memory etc.

I don't know how the ticketing system works, but for some people at work we would setup Permanent VPN connections (so the ticket computer at the Ricoh thinks the server is sat next to it, when it isn't) and give them a 2gb connection to the internet. Then the actual connection isn't an issue, it could just be if the server hardware is shite, in which case it takes 4-5 minutes to fit some more memory or if they wanted to get really technical they could virtualise it.

AndreasB

What utter shite set up they have Butt's has one printer and the server there was down today.
They really need to get their shit together this cluster fuck has gone on for far to long.
They are supposed to make it easy to get a ticket.
We tried to get tickets for Saturday today had to go from the Butts to Tescos to go back to the Butts.

Buy online and collect at the window. Takes 2 minutes and completely reliable.

Do you purposely go through life making shit choices and then blaming others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robbiethemole

fuck me .... just when you thought it was safe to get back on this site,,up jumps Andrea to fuck you over again.

jas365

last is right though, the set up is like that for a sunday league side, surely you can see that?

Not everyone can buy online, and as others have said if it gets too much traffic it falls over.

Nick

Administrator

Online doesn't work for every situation though.

letsallsingtogether

Because the choice is there.
If they want us to buy everything online then why don't they just shut the shops down.

And BTW who the fuck are you to tell me how and where to spend my money...

letsallsingtogether

Online doesn't work for every situation though.
To be honest I like to buy and get it straight away obviously I do buy certain things online especially if I am not in a rush for the item and it is considerably cheaper.
However as the Butts is only a 5 minute drive from my house and the Ricoh is on my route into work it is normally easier for me to get them there.

Users who are viewing this thread