Ticket Prices (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
If you are on minimum wage, you would have to work half a shift after tax etc to afford a ticket.
Imagine having to take a couple of kids aswell, could cost you a whole days pay to watch not very good football in an empty stadium against teams that bring maybe 400 fans if your lucky.
The atmosphere is dire the catering is poor is it worth a days pay?
Shame because without adults taking their children to games it is going to cost us in the long run.
It is just short sightedness looking at what you can squeeze out of people today.........
Maybe they don't care about the future?
There are 6 - 7000 idiots like us who will pay regardless but not every one is of that mindset.
If you have kids then you sign them up to jsbs and get free tickets all season. You also then get vouchers for family tickets of 2 adults 2 kids for 22.

There are ways to do it.

Captain Dart

Give it time, people will soon jump on the bandwagon if there's a sniff of promotion.

What it takes for SISU to get a whiff of success, 2 relegations then finally a promotion.

clint van damme

Trouble is, they have sold season tickets based on the saving made on match tickets, if they start discounting too much, too often, then they have all the season ticket customers moaning too.

I agree 20 quid a ticket on this league is plenty, but I'm also not sure that dropping to this amount will make much difference to the casual fan , or those that have decided to stay away this season... more to do with owners & the league we have dropped to, as opposed to the extra few quid on a ticket

A good test would be 1 match , adults a tenner & kids for a quid... lets see how much the attendance increases! I paid for a season ticket but if that works then I'd still rather see that used more often & a better capacity.

I can't speak for all ST holders but I wouldn't care how much they reduce it if it gets people through the gates, especially if it encourages people to bring kids, like @letsallsingtogether and Whitney Houston said, the children are our future!!

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
I agree Clint, wouldn't bother me at all. Would rather see one match a year where it's only a fiver for adults and a quid for kids.

Adge

I've seen the argument numerous times that we are "comparable with other L2 clubs regarding ticket prices" which is all well and good. All that means is that their ticket prices are too high aswell!

Nick

Administrator
I think they need to publicise the jsbs more, the amount of people who pay silly money for a kid to go in.

Sign them up and it's free all season with the other benefits, that takes costs down for a family even without st.

Then the vouchers make it cheaper for 3 games I think it is.

Grendel

Let's drop the price for the forest green game to £15 and see how many more we get. That would kill the debate for good.

Liquid Gold

Again, I'm a season ticket holder and wouldn't care about a drop in price to encourage people in BUT that drop has to be matched by an increase in numbers, if we're dropping prices and people stay away that reduces Robins' budget and means players will have to be sold/no more brought in in January and that is unacceptable.

Adge

Let's drop the price for the forest green game to £15 and see how many more we get. That would kill the debate for good.
Unfortunately it wouldn't. More people would go increasing the crowd slightly but again because of the owners people will still stay away.

Adge

Again, I'm a season ticket holder and wouldn't care about a drop in price to encourage people in BUT that drop has to be matched by an increase in numbers, if we're dropping prices and people stay away that reduces Robins' budget and means players will have to be sold/no more brought in in January and that is unacceptable.
And who would be responsible if that was to happen in January?

Grendel

Unfortunately it wouldn't. More people would go increasing the crowd slightly but again because of the owners people will still stay away.

So price isn't as issue.

Ranjit Bhurpa

Would probably need to sell an extra 1000+ tickets @ £15 for Forest Green just to break even, in all likelihood we would be lucky to sell an extra 100. Just becomes a race to the bottom.
And what happens at the next home game when there is no price incentive?

CharlesMore

Wrong game to pick, Tuesday night is a work/school night for many with the lure of the champions league on the box.

The following Saturday is the start of half term week where many people with kids will go away, the game to target would be a possible season definer, Mansfield on November 11th.

The debate will never end though until either the owners or a substantial climb up the football league divisional ladder occurs, the damage the owners have/continue to do and the snobbery of people not wanting to watch lower league football (unless there is a trip to Wembley) does not help things.

Grendel

Wrong game to pick, Tuesday night is a work/school night for many with the lure of the champions league on the box.

The following Saturday is the start of half term week where many people with kids will go away, the game to target would be a possible season definer, Mansfield on November 11th.

The debate will never end though until either the owners or a substantial climb up the football league divisional ladder occurs, the damage the owners have/continue to do and the snobbery of people not wanting to watch lower league football (unless there is a trip to Wembley) does not help things.

There's always reasons not to go whatever the price.

Ranjit Bhurpa

Would have thought Mansfield was exactly the wrong game to target. They are riding high and are likely to bring a
fair few. Don't see the point in discounting at what will probably be one of our highest attendances so far.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
If the average ticket price paid is £22 for 1,000 fans due to match day packages, buying in advance again etc then to break even on lowering the price to £15 is 466 fans extra at that price. That ignores any other spin off benefits like food sales, programmes etc.
At £25 a ticket then you are about 660 extra fans.

Reality is, if we are top for the Mansfield game, we are adding 1,500 fans probably to circa 10,500-11,000 attendance at full price.

Football has generally not been price elastic or sensitive to the cost, its predominantly down to the product quality on the pitch and making it easy to be able to get that ticket.
Our commercial department has continued to fail for the last 10 years and that is a major issue, this is an area that needs massive improvement and interaction with a group of supporters groups who are themselves business leaders with commercial acumen.

covcity4life

1 game wouldnt show anything. Would need to be aprolonged drop yo see word of mouth spreas ans temptation etc

If tickets were 15 quid and we didnt add 2k more to attendence after 5 games or so i would be surprissd

I was talking to hill83 at work yesterday about how pricey it is

Ashdown

Crowds will rise with steady success but people are correct, that price is too high and puts me off attending for one and many more must think along the same lines. As I've said before it's only part of the cost of the day for many too.

Grendel

1 game wouldnt show anything. Would need to be aprolonged drop yo see word of mouth spreas ans temptation etc

If tickets were 15 quid and we didnt add 2k more to attendence after 5 games or so i would be surprissd

I was talking to hill83 at work yesterday about how pricey it is

£15 isn't realistic - Nuneaton charge that for part time football.

covcity4life

£15 isn't realistic - Nuneaton charge that for part time football.
We are only 2 leagues away now aint we?

Even 17 or 18 would help with on the day sales i reckon

But thats for next season. For now they should pick a game in january when peoplr have less cash and put it all the way down to a tenner. Get 1 bunper crowd ans hope some hang around as we sre having a good season

Ashdown

My mate told me that Leicester recently priced their League Cup game against Liverpool at £12 and sold out !

Grendel

It's about what people consider reasonable not what other clubs are doing.

Well it's perception of value. The perception across all other clubs is at the match day pricing we have set. All business match prices against who they consider as similar in profile.

The truth is only a handful would be tempted on the day. Prices are cheaper before the day and there is an easy way to purchase - games that are cheaper (cups etc.) attract the lowest crowds.

Ashdown

You have just contradicted yourself within a couple of posts?

Leicester had the numbers even in league 2

Blackburn was free for season ticket holders in the league cup and discounted.

I thought it didn't matter about other clubs?
Not really, its a bit different watching Nunny with another 600 to attending a full house cup game and paying even less.

Nick

Administrator
Not really, its a bit different watching Nunny with another 600 to attending a full house cup game and paying even less.
So it only matters what other clubs do if it matches your view?

We are closer to Nuneaton, we don't have a billionaire or millions in tv rights.

Users who are viewing this thread