Ticket Prices (1 Viewer)

Ashdown

Well it's perception of value. The perception across all other clubs is at the match day pricing we have set. All business match prices against who they consider as similar in profile.

The truth is only a handful would be tempted on the day. Prices are cheaper before the day and there is an easy way to purchase - games that are cheaper (cups etc.) attract the lowest crowds.
But apart from the obvious Cup competition our fans ultimately know we can't compete in any of the others so its a bit of a lost cause. Besides all cup crowds have started to dwindle everywhere......apart from fecking Leicester it seems !

Grendel

But apart from the obvious Cup competition our fans ultimately know we can't compete in any of the others so its a bit of a lost cause. Besides all cup crowds have started to dwindle everywhere......apart from fecking Leicester it seems !

When we had the semi final against Crewe do you honestly think if we'd charged £15 we'd have had less fans?

Nick

Administrator
15 i think. Nees to chsck my email confirmation

Actjally didnt they advertise it as 10 and thrn me and earlsdon sky blue were wondering ehy ee were charged more?

Something like that
It was 12 and kids for a kid. Free for season ticket holders.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
I agree prices are too high but even if lowered to £20, don't expect and extra 2,000 to come and watch, they have their reasons not to go and money isn't the defining factor, it's a good excuse which eases their conscience for why they don't want to go any more.

covcity4life

It was 12 and kids for a kid. Free for season ticket holders.
I was not charged 12 but ill have toncheck emails

Either way leaguencup is sumthing leicester can win. Not us

We can win league 2. 12 tickets would bring in higher attendeces

If it means we go ibto admjn thrn of course we cant do it

If there is a way to keep going with the hit it might be worth it for the extra crowds and good will factor

Grendel

I was not charged 12 but ill have toncheck emails

Either way leaguencup is sumthing leicester can win. Not us

We can win league 2. 12 tickets would bring in higher attendeces

If it means we go ibto admjn thrn of course we cant do it

If there is a way to keep going with the hit it might be worth it for the extra crowds and good will factor

If we played Liverpool in a cup game we would be able increase prices and still get more fans through the door

covcity4life

If we played Liverpool in a cup game we would be able increase prices and still get more fans through the door
Agreed

But we sont have a big name in league 2 ao cant rely on that.

We have 2 ways to get crowds up this season

Keep winning
Lower prices

Or both

Grendel

How much is the cheapest match day ticket if you purchase online in advance?

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Let's be honest on here, how many of us genuinely cannot afford to pay the advance day ticket price or it would have a severe impact on their life. I.e. Not paying bills, food, clothes etc
I get the increase point and am completely against a disincentive for someone to pay more a few hours later, that's wrong in any form of life but also the same for going to the sea life centre, Alton towers and any other sociable/family experience where we all purchase in advance to save the marked up day ticket price.

Hands up, who is it unaffordable for?

Grendel

Let's be honest on here, how many of us genuinely cannot afford to pay the advance day ticket price or it would have a severe impact on their life. I.e. Not paying bills, food, clothes etc
I get the increase point and am completely against a disincentive for someone to pay more a few hours later, that's wrong in any form of life but also the same for going to the sea life centre, Alton towers and any other sociable/family experience where we all purchase in advance to save the marked up day ticket price.

And who can suddenly afford it if it's a few pounds cheaper.

ceetee

Would have thought Mansfield was exactly the wrong game to target. They are riding high and are likely to bring a
fair few. Don't see the point in discounting at what will probably be one of our highest attendances so far.
I said last week on an other thread and I stick by it.
There is no team in Div 4 which would attract the casual or "not sure" fan whatever that team's league position

Liquid Gold

£22 adults, £15 concessions, £10 U18s, £5 U16s, free for U13.
6 match pack is £108, 12 matches is £216.
£3 more than Forest Green for adults and our concessions are cheaper. They also put £2 extra for tickets sold on the day.

We were the only team to sign up for the twenty plenty campaign a few seasons ago, our attendances didn't rise and that meant the budget was cut so the football got worse and less people turning up. The only way to convince people to turn up is by providing a winning team and the best way of doing that is by giving MR as much money as possible.

Edit - I just looked at Yeovil too they are £1 cheaper, as are Morcambe.

Last edited:

chiefdave

Don't know why we're having this discussion. 2015/16 ticket prices were slashed, matchday tickets were £20 on the gate or £18 in advance.

Average attendance only increased by 3K over the previous season meaning we generated less revenue. That despite the team flying and being top of the league at one point and scoring for fun.

Liquid Gold

The point is that football is too expensive across the board. Pressure should be put on the FA and EFL to limit the cost of tickets based on the division but that hasn't happened and we're not significantly more expensive than other places. I drive 2 hours each way to get to the Ricoh and that means I need to pay for petrol and something to eat during the day. I can't see how someone living a stones throw from the stadium not going because of £2 is anything but a poor excuse not to support league 2 football.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

The point is that football is too expensive across the board. Pressure should be put on the FA and EFL to limit the cost of tickets based on the division but that hasn't happened and we're not significantly more expensive than other places. I drive 2 hours each way to get to the Ricoh and that means I need to pay for petrol and something to eat during the day. I can't see how someone living a stones throw from the stadium not going because of £2 is anything but a poor excuse not to support league 2 football.

Take sarnies with you and give £2 to someone in the cash queue, some people are so selfish.

Adge

Alton Towers don't increase their prices though for a lesser product.

Grendel

Alton Towers don't increase their prices though for a lesser product.

One minute people can't afford it

Then it's the owners

Now it's the quality on offer

Moan for moaning sake.

Adge

One minute people can't afford it

Then it's the owners

Now it's the quality on offer

Moan for moaning sake.
You are probably right. For some people it could be a combination of all 3.

ps1948

My mate and I were thinking of going yesterday, and didn't - we were put off by the pay on the gate price. I would happily turn up and pay £20 to get in, but just feel that the extra fiver is a piss-take, given the lower league football we are now occupying.
I take my hat off to those who go every week, especially those who travel a lot further than I would have to. We will attend more games, and not just based on the results of the next few weeks, but we are just a bit more picky, given what we are asked to pay. A drop in prices would encourage some like me to attend more regularly, but the only way for the gates to increase will be continued good performances/results.
Last year we went to a game in Dusseldorf - Bundesliga 2, so Championship level. We paid 17 Euros, and our match ticket gave us free public transport to and from the game. And you could have a drink while watching the game!

ccfcway

On the reverse, we are down to the hard core, so there is an arguement to say we should increase prices as most will pay it.

I wouldn't care if prices went up by £10 a game, I would still pay it to watch my club when I can

Paul Jones

I think the best way would be to do a sliding scale. The more we sell, the cheaper it gets. If we get pre sales over 7000, prices reduce to £20. Sales get over 8500 £18 etc etc. Obviously pricing would have to be looked at properly as I’ve just plucked prices. Those people who purchased at the higher rate either can get the cash difference back or a voucher towards the next game?

ccfcway

My mate and I were thinking of going yesterday, and didn't - we were put off by the pay on the gate price. I would happily turn up and pay £20 to get in, but just feel that the extra fiver is a piss-take, given the lower league football we are now occupying.
I take my hat off to those who go every week, especially those who travel a lot further than I would have to. We will attend more games, and not just based on the results of the next few weeks, but we are just a bit more picky, given what we are asked to pay. A drop in prices would encourage some like me to attend more regularly, but the only way for the gates to increase will be continued good performances/results.
Last year we went to a game in Dusseldorf - Bundesliga 2, so Championship level. We paid 17 Euros, and our match ticket gave us free public transport to and from the game. And you could have a drink while watching the game!

Love watching football in Germany, but sadly a few ruin it for the majority here, meaning we can even take a beer in

Users who are viewing this thread