Ticket prices (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

My issue is the price for concessions/kids.

I was planning on taking the kids up first game. £30 for me fair enough its championship football, but to charge those under 18/ concessions up to £25 is a joke.

For me to go first game thats £70. Add in your booking fees thats £75. Pushing £100 for me and a 6 and 11 year old for 1 game is taking the piss a bit.

The adult prices fair enough, but to be charging that for children i dont agree with.

Thats the next generation of fans

Tickets a free for under 13s with a JSB.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Average Season Ticket prices across Europe (from 2019)

Premier League £516
Bundesliga £159
La Liga £205
Serie A £225
Ligue 1 £172

What a ripoff… but if people will pay then I guess it carries on

Nail on the head, people complain about pricing but football club’s know you will stay pay it or (especially in the PL) there’s always somebody ready to take their place and pay the money.

On another note, the individual ticket prices are aimed at encouraging people to commit to Season Tickets, the price for an early bird adult season ticket now looks incredible value

Barnsley

You made no sense. You ramble on about “tit for tat” pricing then failed to evidence it - your club is a home fixture to others that will always be one no one will premium price for unless it’s local rivalry - your argument is made up gibberish

Absolutely numpty you.
We charge clubs what they charge us. Why is that so hard for you to understand ?.

Gynnsthetonic

Do we pay the EFL a percentage of ticket sales?, im sure I read it somewhere that we have to charge a certain amount per ticket sold just to cover the efl costs which is why the £10 per game offers are limited.

fatso

This price announcement seems to have divided opinion, there was originally 5 of us going to the Forrest game, now there's only 2 going, 3 dropped out due to the extra cost (and the fact that it's being shown live in the pub)
While my work colleague is about to buy a season ticket.

Some you win, some you loose!

hill83

Trying to sort getting a disabled season ticket for my dad, no answer from any of the numbers all day yesterday
and the eticketing website doesn't work. Disabled season ticket section only has info from a couple of years back.

Where the fuck do I go, Butts? Tesco ticket office, new one? Can't get any info.
Almost like they don't want it.

matesx

This price announcement seems to have divided opinion, there was originally 5 of us going to the Forrest game, now there's only 2 going, 3 dropped out due to the extra cost (and the fact that it's being shown live in the pub)

So what price would they have deemed acceptable?

mark82

My issue is the price for concessions/kids.

I was planning on taking the kids up first game. £30 for me fair enough its championship football, but to charge those under 18/ concessions up to £25 is a joke.

For me to go first game thats £70. Add in your booking fees thats £75. Pushing £100 for me and a 6 and 11 year old for 1 game is taking the piss a bit.

The adult prices fair enough, but to be charging that for children i dont agree with.

Thats the next generation of fans

At 6 & 11, if you buy JSB memberships they'll be free won't they?

SlowerThanPlatt

Do we pay the EFL a percentage of ticket sales?, im sure I read it somewhere that we have to charge a certain amount per ticket sold just to cover the efl costs which is why the £10 per game offers are limited.

Something along them lines, clubs are limited to a few ticket offers a year

no_loyalty

Trying to sort getting a disabled season ticket for my dad, no answer from any of the numbers all day yesterday
and the eticketing website doesn't work. Disabled season ticket section only has info from a couple of years back.

Where the fuck do I go, Butts? Tesco ticket office, new one? Can't get any info.
Almost like they don't want it.

The eticketing link on the ccfc website is incorrect, try this one

SlowerThanPlatt

Plenty of friendlies being cancelled because of Covid outbreak, Blues v Oxford off and Rangers v Blackpool. Arsenal not flying to the US anymore either

Joy Division

Whichever way you look at it I still think £30 is too steep for a match ticket, I can't do a season ticket this year due to work so will pick and choose when I can. Whether its the right decision from a business point of view I don't know. But by accepting it, it's normalising it.

SBT

So three walkup sales lost (-£90), plus one more season ticket sold (+£375) = £285 net gain and two more empty seats in the ground. Sums up the club's ticket strategy pretty nicely I'd say.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Whichever way you look at it I still think £30 is too steep for a match ticket, I can't do a season ticket this year due to work so will pick and choose when I can. Whether its the right decision from a business point of view I don't know. But by accepting it, it's normalising it.

It's £30 a ticket for 6 games.

If you don't think that's justifiable then don't go to those fixtures.

But given the quality of their product has increased (as has their overheads) and the fact that we're back at the Ricoh, their prices were always going to follow suit. Unsure why that's a shock to people.

Joy Division

It's £30 a ticket for 6 games.

If you don't think that's justifiable then don't go to those fixtures.

But given the quality of their product has increased (as has their overheads) and the fact that we're back at the Ricoh, their prices were always going to follow suit. Unsure why that's a shock to people.

Those are just my thoughts, if fans are happy with £30 then that's okay.

Grendel

Absolutely numpty you.
We charge clubs what they charge us. Why is that so hard for you to understand ?.

So if you stick to the same pricing as last season how much do you charge for a C game?

Grendel

So three walkup sales lost (-£90), plus one more season ticket sold (+£375) = £285 net gain and two more empty seats in the ground. Sums up the club's ticket strategy pretty nicely I'd say.

What price would you charge for walk ups?

saveitforthewombles

I guarantee a ton of work will have gone into pricing strategy and how other teams are pricing...the ticketing partner would help with that. I also think we forget how passive our supporter base is - we'll have 12,000 - 15,000 hardcore + loyal fans who will benefit from season ticket and match package discounts....the rest aren't price sensitive, they're just not interested. Pricing at £10 wouldn't mean a full house.

mmttww

I think the objections to the £30 price have mostly been focused on the opening game. A few pointing out that it could be an opportunity missed after the time away, and that it seems to ignore the game being on Sky with a slightly crap KO time etc. Almost all objections to these points seem to be from ST holders which skews the point.

With JSB prices, £30 for Cat A games isn't bad relative to what you pay elsewhere or in lower leagues. Some valid points being made, though that Cat A doesn't necessarily seem to be all about the quality of opposition and more about rinsing large away followings. Putting your own fans first would make more sense, and trying to fill the ground from the start.

SBT

What price would you charge for walk ups?

Probably a little less. I think there's a fairly unique challenge/opportunity in tempting fans back after such a long absence, and lower walk-up prices would help with that. But I don't have a huge problem with the pricing structure as it stands - it's fairly conventional by the standards of what most teams at our level are doing.

Grendel

It’s spin isn’t it?

They don’t prove match at all and actually don’t even category match do they?

Bristol City had Barnsley as the lowest category but Barnsley according to your link actually has a middle category - a Bristol fan with a membership (which is a pound a game) could have watched at Ashton Gate for £20 - your price was far higher

What’s the price we would pay on a C rating £23 or £20 - I actually have now idea but your own link implies it is £23 which is what about 15% more?

fatso

Well not really, the guy who decided to buy the season ticket, usually goes to about 75% of games anyway, depending on what shift he's working, so now he's bought a season ticket he's actually spending about £100 less than he would normally do, over the season.
The 3 guys who arnt going are costing the club £90 in lost revenue, so between them all the net loss to the club is £190.

Nick

Administrator

That's if you believe price is the only factor.

We have this every year.

"If they were a tenner a game I will go"
"I want them to be a fiver"

Barnsley

It’s spin isn’t it?

They don’t prove match at all and actually don’t even category match do they?

Bristol City had Barnsley as the lowest category but Barnsley according to your link actually has a middle category - a Bristol fan with a membership (which is a pound a game) could have watched at Ashton Gate for £20 - your price was far higher

What’s the price we would pay on a C rating £23 or £20 - I actually have now idea but your own link implies it is £23 which is what about 15% more?

They charged us £27

So we charged them the nearest our categories would allow, it’s really not that hard to understand is it.

fatso

That's if you believe price is the only factor.

We have this every year.

"If they were a tenner a game I will go"
"I want them to be a fiver"
Sky tv is a massive factor too, when we are live on sky, it massively impacts the walk up numbers.
And let's he brutally honest, you can hardly say you go up for the atmosphere when only 1 stand is open, and that isn't even full.

Personally I only go to abuse referees, it's the only time I can scream obscenities in public and get nodding approval.

I tried screaming obsenatives in Tesco's once, and to cut a long story short, I ended up painting the local community centre!

Nick

Administrator
Sky tv is a massive factor too, when we are live on sky, it massively impacts the walk up numbers.
And let's he brutally honest, you can hardly say you go up for the atmosphere when only 1 stand is open, and that isn't even full.

Personally I only go to abuse referees, it's the only time I can scream obscenities in public and get nodding approval.

I go to watch the football match?

Grendel

They charged us £27

So we charged them the nearest our categories would allow, it’s really not that hard to understand is it.

So home fans are charged less? It just seems to me a flat fee in 3 categories according to your link - this is oddly a thread about match day prices for home fans.

Users who are viewing this thread