Ticket checks - be warned (1 Viewer)

Flying Fokker

Season Tickets are subject to terms and conditions Season Tickets in the past especially when they were in book format were always NON transferable i don't know if that still applies and how it would be police.
I think guest tickets (As is common in hospitality area) should be used.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Season and individual match tickets in high vis colours, sky blue for adults, yellow for kids and orange for concessions.

Might act as a deterrent.

What's next, facial recognition.

chiefdave

Pete, did you or could you get clarification from the club? I don’t want to buy 2 unless I know I can do this. Many thanks
The terms and conditions say it can only be used be the season ticket holder but unless they’re going to ask for photo ID how are they going to identify one adult from another

Woolly68

The terms and conditions say it can only be used be the season ticket holder but unless they’re going to ask for photo ID how are they going to identify one adult from another
Well, my daughter doesn’t look like my mate, who occasionally comes to games when she can’t. it needs to be clear otherwise there’s no point in me buying the second. Difficult really. Will wait and see what Pete comes back with.

Nick

Administrator
Well, my daughter doesn’t look like my mate, who occasionally comes to games when she can’t. it needs to be clear otherwise there’s no point in me buying the second. Difficult really. Will wait and see what Pete comes back with.

Common sense would say that it should be OK if the price band is the same.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

The easy answer is to just charge the same for every ticket. Adult, child, senior, etc... same price.

Transfers to a friend or family member, because you can't make a match, is super easy when you don't have to worry about things like whether the transferee is the right age.
I was wondering about that, but with kids getting given some sort of voucher/card for merchandise etc. with it to offset the difference?

I suspect however that for most they just wouldn't buy a kids ST.

David O'Day

how
You will be fine, if it is an adult using adult ticket.

There is a light above each turnstyle which flashes green is it is an adult ticket and red or orange (can't remember which) if it is a concessionary ticket. If the person coming through the turnstyle doesn't look like they should have a reduced price ticket the steward there will check the ticket. If teh light flashes green then no one will check the ticket.

This means that if your friend is borrowing an adult ticket then no one will check the ticket.

Finham

maybe let kids in via a narrow circular tunnel (similar to those that used to be in the playground at Coombe in the 70's.) Any adults successfully negotiating their way in deserve the discount.
Wow I had forgotten those-I used to love that playground! Big slide was great.

Sky Blue Pete

Pete, did you or could you get clarification from the club? I don’t want to buy 2 unless I know I can do this. Many thanks
Hi Pete

No problem.
The issue identified was fans using Season Tickets for lower age categories e.g. Adults using Juniors or Concessions.

The below is from our Ticket Office when I shared your query with them:

In our Season Ticket Terms and Conditions, it states:-

Coventry City 2022/23 Season Ticket Terms and Conditions

3. Season Tickets may not be re-sold or lent for value by Season Ticket Holders under any circumstances.

In The Banning & Sanctions Policy on the website accompanying the ABUSE will not be tolerated story it states:-

BANNING & SANCTIONS POLICY

Ticketing Offences

The Club recognises that fans will share tickets for either no remuneration or for face.
value, and whilst this is contrary to the ticketing terms and conditions and statutory Banning & Sanctions Policy: May 2023 regulation, the Club takes a pragmatic approach and uses its discretion when reviewing ticketing offences.

However, the Club does focus on those ticketing offences that fall under the remit of selling tickets for a price more than the face value, using concessionary tickets without entitlement and/or any wilful fraudulent use of a ticket to the financial detriment of a Club. These offences are considered on a case-by-case basis.

The Club has zero tolerance where adult supporters use concessionary tickets for entry, which is a breach of the ticketing terms and conditions. Such offences will result in the tickets being seized and the offender being ejected from the Stadium. In addition, the Club will issue a ban to the owner(s) of the tickets. The length of any ban is at the Club’s discretion

Kind Regards,
Ticket Office
Coventry City Football Club

Thanks

Mark

Mark Hornby
Head of Marketing & Communications
Coventry City Football Club

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, May 3, 2023 4:05 PM
To: Mark Hornby <[email protected]>
Subject: Adult season tickets

Hi Mark

Can I clarify whether the move to ensure people use the correct season ticket affects the following.

It’s understandable to stop people using jsb tickets as an adult but are the club going to be stopping adults using other adult season tickets?

Thanks

All the best for next monday

Pete

Users who are viewing this thread