Ticket checks - be warned (2 Viewers)

SHUNT31

Were there any issues on Saturday with people using someone else’s ST that were the same category? Ie Adult using someone else’s adult ticket?

SHUNT31

Well that will be 2 adult ST’s not renewed for me then.

Based in Norfolk now with young family means missus can’t make it every week. Have a mate that uses her ticket when she can’t make it. Don’t fancy travelling all that way on my own for half the games.

Sky Blue Pete

Based in Norfolk now with young family means missus can’t make it every week. Have a mate that uses her ticket when she can’t make it. Don’t fancy travelling all that way on my own for half the games.
I’m happy to clarify that because an adult ticket being used by an adult shouldn’t be an issue

Kilclines curly mullet

My parents have senior tickets and sometimes don’t go to games due to holidays / sickness etc.

If this happens I always offer the ticket out so occasionally an adult will be using a senior season ticket. It happens, doesn’t mean we are all after cheating the club out of money.

Next time, if we have to go to the ticket office and upgrade then so be it and although as the ticket had been already purchased and for the right reasons, I don’t see the issue.

If an adult buys a senior / child ticket on purpose then of course there is an issue.

Robinshio

I’m happy to clarify that because an adult ticket being used by an adult shouldn’t be an issue
would they rather have empty seats - sometimes we only use one out of 2 - I am not going to pass my ticket on to a stranger, so one of us takes a friend - surely that cant be wrong

Captain_Slackbladder

would they rather have empty seats - sometimes we only use one out of 2 - I am not going to pass my ticket on to a stranger, so one of us takes a friend - surely that cant be wrong
Again, from reading the article this isn't an issue, the club are fine with this. It is an adult trying to use a child's ticket or similar that the club are trying to stop. Their response seems reasonable "just go to the ticket office and pay the top up fee" - or try another turnstile which I am sure many did.

shmmeee

Twice this season I’ve snuck an adult in on a spare kids ticket, once the missus to try and get her interested and once my Middlesbrough supporting mate when we played them. Felt it was innocent enough at the time (kids werent using their tickets) but to be honest I didn’t even know there was a top up fee option so now feel bad for not using it. They could advertise it better IMO.

Sky Blue Pete

Twice this season I’ve snuck an adult in on a spare kids ticket, once the missus to try and get her interested and once my Middlesbrough supporting mate when we played them. Felt it was innocent enough at the time (kids werent using their tickets) but to be honest I didn’t even know there was a top up fee option so now feel bad for not using it. They could advertise it better IMO.
Think that’s the only fair challenge back to the club. Warn people then you give them the chance to do the right thing and most people will

slowpoke

Giving your ST ticket to a pal or a family member for a match has gone on for years not really a problem but I know some go regularly on kiddies tickets under certain ages some of which only cost about 20 quid for the season, I’m sure that will be stamped out and rightly so.

Hobo

If an adult purchases a match ticket and passes it on to another adult they can't check it. So why should an adult season ticket holder be penalized for letting another adult use their ticket?

Adults using children's tickets is wrong and they deserve to be found out.

To be honest I have never had a problem with a steward at the Ricoh/CBS and always found them polite and easy going. Perhaps if people just let them get on and do their job they wouldn't have an issue either?

AngryAnt

My parents have senior tickets and sometimes don’t go to games due to holidays / sickness etc.

If this happens I always offer the ticket out so occasionally an adult will be using a senior season ticket. It happens, doesn’t mean we are all after cheating the club out of money.

Next time, if we have to go to the ticket office and upgrade then so be it and although as the ticket had been already purchased and for the right reasons, I don’t see the issue.

If an adult buys a senior / child ticket on purpose then of course there is an issue.

Same, family have 3 ST's (one adult, two senors).
When they can't make it, I'll often take a friend to the game so I'm not sitting on my own. I don't really see how it's an issue for the occasional game (and also trying to convert a man city fan to the proper sky blues).
For me personally I'd rather there was a bum on the seat as the ticket has already been purchased.
I was asked to show my ticket getting in last week and when I pulled out the ST card, they didn't even look at it, just waved me on.

I didn't know there was a topup option and if it's an adult trying to get away with cheating the system, then it's a different matter entirely in my opinion.

Flying Fokker

What is wrong with holding one ticket as a guest? I’d check that out. If you pay the correct amount this should not create issues.

Flying Fokker

Giving your ST ticket to a pal or a family member for a match has gone on for years not really a problem but I know some go regularly on kiddies tickets under certain ages some of which only cost about 20 quid for the season, I’m sure that will be stamped out and rightly so.
The people who do that need to grow up!

SBT

1683106290924.png

CoventryUSA

The easy answer is to just charge the same for every ticket. Adult, child, senior, etc... same price.

Transfers to a friend or family member, because you can't make a match, is super easy when you don't have to worry about things like whether the transferee is the right age.

rhino1002

Season Tickets are subject to terms and conditions Season Tickets in the past especially when they were in book format were always NON transferable i don't know if that still applies and how it would be policed

Users who are viewing this thread