Thursday 4th May (1 Viewer)

WestEndAgro

Use your vote wisely, don't forget Maton and Lucus trying to kill us off.

Grendel

I can’t be arsed

fernandopartridge

Sadly, I think local elections are even more pointless than national ones. We have got some double-barreled Tory put his name forward (to replace the useless Tory long-term incumbent) around my way so I'll vote for somebody other than him but not the piss diamond candidate either. Green or Labour.

WestEndAgro

Rather shit in my hands and clap than vote for anybody these days
Whats Up Hello GIF by Guava Juice

torchomatic

Special day for me. Sixth anniversary of my bone marrow transplant. Star Wars day and local elections to boot.

We always get Tories in council elections over here, so will try and do my bit to get 'em out.

Grendel

His heart is in the right place

it is to be fair - he’s a nice guy but how he finds the mental strength to come back from every defeat I’ve no idea. Funny thing is it’s the local Labour Party of course that fucked his green belt preservation and the Tories supported him.

Grendel

That’s a shame.

Better to try and fail than to just snark from the sidelines, sure you’d agree, right?

Actually, TBF, some turn down winnable WM seats. Not wanting a pay cut and stay with kids instead rather than be in London.

Some people are part of the Conservative Party Forum and Bank of England Decision Maker Panel.

But hey, writing political policy and having a great family and running businesses here and abroad is for losers, right?

I don’t mean to be too unkind but you have a scrap metal business which you inherited from your parents hard graft

The Philosopher

I don’t mean to be too unkind but you have a scrap metal business which you inherited from your parents hard graft
100% untrue. Mum a teacher, my dad an Indian welder who emigrated to Spain never worked in anything other than welding. He died not long ago.

Now.

With all due respect.

Fuck off. Twat.

Grendel

100% untrue. Mum a teacher, my dad an Indian welder who emigrated to Spain never worked in anything other than welding. He died not long ago.

Now.

With all due respect.

Fuck off. Twat.

Not got me on ignore after all then

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Yep. Also the blinkered “My Dad voted Labour so I’ll always vote Labour and my Grandad and his Dad too so I won’t vote anyone else!” brigade points to that also.
It's a bit of weird one that.

Working class people supposedly vote Labour, and that passes down through the generations. There are quite a lot of working class people. Yet somehow for three quarters of the last 40-odd years we've had a Conservative or Conservative-led government. Go figure.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yep. Also the blinkered “My Dad voted Labour so I’ll always vote Labour and my Grandad and his Dad too so I won’t vote anyone else!” brigade points to that also.

My parents both from Coventry vowed to leave the country if Tony Blair won in 1997. They’re still here

Users who are viewing this thread