Throwing Away Points (4 Viewers)

covcity4life

burton is a big game, if we lose they are 6 clear and 2 games in hand so could be 12 and that 1 auto spot gone

win and we are top of the league and its easy not to panic about games in hand then

if some on here kiss wigans ass it makes no sense to kick citys!

Otis

I think top is gone for us ... especially if we lose to Burton on Saturday ... but 2nd place is still a viable option !
But yet again, just 3 points off top spot and 20 games left. How can top spot be gone to us? Even if we did lose on Saturday. But you are saying gone before we even play Burton. I don't understand.

60 points to play for and yet being 3 points behind relates to top spot being gone for us.

Can we just at least wait to see what else TM does in this transfer window!

st john

20 games left. 3 points of top spot. 11 points clear of 7th place. unbeaten at home. draw with team one place above us who are in form.

I can only see positives in all this.

At the start of the season the play offs seemed like a distant dream!

Keep the faith chaps - it will be play offs at worst for us..PUSB

Add to that:
Best goal difference in L1
Arma top goal scorer in L1
Greater than 50% win ratio
Only 1 (dodgy) defeat in the last 17 games

st john

When the final whistle went i thought shit another 2 points squandered but when I thought back 1-1 was a fair result. Two top teams equaling each other out, as said 21 games to go, win Saturday we could go top AND we will get better once these latest signings and hopefully a couple of others bed in, we will be finished with Walsall and Burton with 20 games to go, the garden looks rosey to me
Yes, once Burton are out of the way we have a run of less challenging games. Provided we can sort out / replace some of the injured defenders I can honestly see us winning 7 of the next 10 games with possibly a couple of draws thrown in. If that happened that would give us 70+ points with 10 games to play. So yes, everything to play for.

bringbackrattles

In the pub after the match you'd have thought our season was over as some were downbeat in not winning.I said we are still unbeaten at home,Walsall are a good side,and we are still near the top,and we can go and beat Burton.For some reason they'd forgot all that and for being upbeat I got bought a free pint,happy days ! Keep the faith we are going well.

Monners

In the pub after the match you'd have thought our season was over as some were downbeat in not winning.I said we are still unbeaten at home,Walsall are a good side,and we are still near the top,and we can go and beat Burton.For some reason they'd forgot all that and for being upbeat I got bought a free pint,happy days ! Keep the faith we are going well.

Round dodger! ;)

bringbackrattles

So if you want a free pint just talk positive about the match even if you feel down yourself,and someone will think this bloke knows his stuff and reward you with a nice pint of Carling,although I fancied a Guinness but hey it's the thought that counts !

runner

But yet again, just 3 points off top spot and 20 games left. How can top spot be gone to us? Even if we did lose on Saturday. But you are saying gone before we even play Burton. I don't understand.

60 points to play for and yet being 3 points behind relates to top spot being gone for us.

Can we just at least wait to see what else TM does in this transfer window!

I see where you are coming from Otis, but and I'm sure you know this already, 3 points away from top but games in hand, we can't assume given their recent form they will lose them ... and if we were to lose this Saturday ... 6 points away from us, with 2 games in hand, a potential 12 points to claw back ... we are good, but can anyone see Burton losing 4 games in which we then win to catch them up ... assuming the other 2 above us don't do the same ?

stoneroses85

I think top is gone for us ... especially if we lose to Burton on Saturday ... but 2nd place is still a viable option !
How can top be gone from us if we lose to burton in a league where everybody can beat everybody ... and 60 points to play for too , i actually think burton will drop out and wigan will come through... i think we will finish 4th and win playoffs but hoping top 2

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

GaryJones

Its a tight league and I cant see that changing all season - I think we have a great chance of making the top 2 come the end of the season regardless of what happens on Saturday.
All the top teams will drop points (look at Wigan last night) - we need to keep winning against the teams below us and nick a point over the teams above and auto promotion will be a given in my opinion.
We cant win every game we play but the good thing is we are not losing many.

skyblue1991

Unfortunately yes. We have thrown valuable points and games away (Swindon, Oldham, Doncaster come to mind) and we would be top if we hung on or killed them off.

However, three points from top and we are out of the running? Come on.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Astute

They are not points thrown away but possible points dropped. A game lasts 90 minutes and does not finish until all the time is played.

We played an energetic game in bad conditions. Players got tired. They sat back so did less running around. Do we blame our strikers because their GK made some good saves?

Hobo

I see where you are coming from Otis, but and I'm sure you know this already, 3 points away from top but games in hand, we can't assume given their recent form they will lose them ... and if we were to lose this Saturday ... 6 points away from us, with 2 games in hand, a potential 12 points to claw back ... we are good, but can anyone see Burton losing 4 games in which we then win to catch them up ... assuming the other 2 above us don't do the same ?

But the fact remains we are 3 points away from the top with some 20 games left to play. The important thing is you play for the points left. You can't get all despondent about drawing against one of the top teams.

Too many of our fans are looking backwards at the fixtures gone rather than forwards. There are plenty of fixtures where the team's around us can and will drop points. That is before you consider added pressures of injury and suspensions. Also just the pressure of being in the top two. One of the top two usually drop into the play offs in the last few games.

I also believe our best football is yet to come. The season is far from over and there is everything to play for. If it is mathematically possible, then it is possible and you have to stay positive.

Users who are viewing this thread