Throw ins - Are we missing something? (2 Viewers)

GaryJones

On second thoughts!
giphy.gif

Johhny Blue

Yeah something I've noticed for a while. Player A (Brandon Mason this year) throws it to Player B who tries to cushion it back to Play A, usually resulting in the ball going straight out for an opposition throw.

Another ridiculous thing is insisting on a particular player to take a free kick. A case in point on Saturday when Hyam was going to take a free kick. Burge ran 30 yards to take it instead and then passed to Hyam anyway who was about 3 yards away!
At least he got it to his feet

fernandopartridge

Turning throw ins into attack...lack off movement.
Turning defence into attack...lack of movement.
Failure to keep possession...lack of movement.
Formations don't fail due to lack of rigidity....they fail due to lack of movement.

....and a lot of that lack of movement is about confidence. We don't look particularly confident at the moment after a relatively poor start

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Yeah. It's a bit like the issue of us playing between the defence and then hoofing to nobody. Is that also due to lack of/poor movement as there's no-one free to make a pass to?

As for the thread. Are we missing something from throw-ins. Yes - we're missing players in Sky Blue shirts.

GaryJones

Whatever happened to him?

Esoterica

Yeah something I've noticed for a while. Player A (Brandon Mason this year) throws it to Player B who tries to cushion it back to Play A, usually resulting in the ball going straight out for an opposition throw.

Another ridiculous thing is insisting on a particular player to take a free kick. A case in point on Saturday when Hyam was going to take a free kick. Burge ran 30 yards to take it instead and then passed to Hyam anyway who was about 3 yards away!
That's usually Doyle and Doyle in both cases. It drives me nuts that a pro footballer can't cushion a ball back to a thrower. It's also the only time he sprints now, running over to take quick free kicks. That was the same last year too though - if the plan is to take quick free kicks it should be drilled into the whole team not need 1 guy to drive it.
I always wonder if it's part of being a L1 side with a small management team that we don't see these things addressed week to week - like the ridiculous kick offs last year. Have we spent all week on shooting practice and there just isn't the time for this kind of 'no stone unturned' approach ? Or is it deemed not worth it? Or is Robins just not that meticulous?

ceetee

I have said before on other threads that we seem to be the only team for which a throw in is not an advantage.

Speedies_Chips

Am I the only one who thinks we have a throw in problem?
Our throw ins do not seem to give us any advantage at all - we seem to throw it to a player under pressure or simply throw it and instantly lose possession.
Just noticed that Liverpool have taken on a dedicated "throw in coach". This guy teaches 3 different styles of throw in - BBC Radio 5 live - Football Daily, MNC: Hopeless Hammers, throw-in coaches and Deeney for England?, Could throw-ins help Liverpool win a trophy?

1 . The Long Throw in
2 . The Fast Throw in
3 . The clever Throw in

Think this might be worth a look for us as we seem to specialize in the fourth style of throw-in below.
4 . The totally Crap Throw in!

Yes I think we do have a problem. We should be calling them hoy-ins.

Sbarcher

Always caught between bath and beach.

skyblueinBaku

There must be a reason we do that, but I'm buggered if I can understand what that reason is. Maybe someone should ask MR when he's being interviewed.
And also our pathetic give the ball back to them kick offs GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Users who are viewing this thread