Those who attend tonight will have priority... (1 Viewer)

shropshirecov

...on tickets to the final should we get there!
According to the ticket office. Why not announce this earlier?!

skybluesam66

the final will not be a sell out . 90k capacity . Orient/southend will not sell more than 20k

There are not 70k city fans

theferret

the final will not be a sell out . 90k capacity . Orient/southend will not sell more than 20k

There is a limit to how many they will give to one club though because of segregation, I think it is about 45K which is what Southampton took to the JPT and that is a record for a single club at the new Wembley. I've been at Wembley with 60K City fans so am confident we can sell 45K, but anyone determined to get a ticket will surely get one.

Grendel

...on tickets to the final should we get there!
According to the ticket office. Why not announce this earlier?!

Season ticket holders and members get priority.

Yorkshire SB

We easily have 70k fans, if we were in the Premier League we'd sell the Ricoh out every week!
If we got given 45k tickets I'd hope we could sell them all!

theferret

im a member and i went sheff utd

cant be fair if one preston stubb trumps that

I doubt it is true though, it would have been announced. I imagine they would do it for the next round though and probably a few league games, would be silly not too.

As a member you would get priority anyway.

ajsccfc

One of the problems with people needing a ticket stub for this game (if actually true) is that for the Sheffield Utd game as it had already kicked off they opened another gate and took our fivers without giving out a ticket. If they're expecting similar scenes to the point they're advising people to show up early tonight, there's a real flaw in the plan.

I'd imagine it'll be a sliding scale of priority. ST - Members - People who've got stubs for games X, Y, Z - can you do 200 keepie ups

covcity4life

yeah very true

as long as members get a window to themselves i should be ok i guess

wonder how many tickets one person is allowed to buy?

wait,should save this convo for after preston game at least,might not matter later today

standupforcity

So do I get penalized because I live in London and I can't just pop along to give my support tonight...I travel to most games but can't make this one? Seems kinda crazy to me!!! But as has been said, it's fair enough if they let us know the conditions IN TIME!!!

Yorkshire SB

There's no way they'll give priority to people who have evidence of attending 1 game ahead of members, completely undermines the membership scheme!

Swanny80

Don't bank on it. Orient and Southend simply due to location will take big followings. Guys at work with have never been to an orient game and are planning to go if they get there

We could sell 40k for this I'm sure

smileycov

Facebook User
FFS.............Lets get this game out the way and THEN the Northern Area Final first!!

I didn't realise that a win tonight would see us at Wembley.

The Sky Blues host North End for a place in the two-legged northern section final at Wembley, where either Crewe or Bradford await the winners.

Linky

skyblue4ever

Think thats a joke. I am unable to make it tonight but i went to the sheff utd & burton games but i'll still miss out. Shocking!

jimmyhillsfanclub

RICH....

A win tonight does NOT take us to wembley.....

...Have you ever heard of a 2 legged tie being played at wembley? ? Engage brain before posting. :)

Last edited:

jimmyhillsfanclub

We easily have 70k fans, if we were in the Premier League we'd sell the Ricoh out every week!
If we got given 45k tickets I'd hope we could sell them all!

:D:D We never used to sell out Highfield Road in the Premier League......

Besides....Its a moot point.....:whistle:

skybluesteve76

Buying a membership is the way forward if you can't/don't wish to go very often.
£25 a season and your guaranteed a ticket to any game you want!

Yorkshire SB

:D:D We never used to sell out Highfield Road in the Premier League......

Besides....Its a moot point.....:whistle:

Football and particularly the Premier League is a different entity to when we were in it last though. Attendances and demand have risen everywhere. Imagine a successful promotion from the Championship followed by the Premier League, I wouldn't have thought we'd be far off selling 25k (ish) of season tickets

Noggin

There will surely be enough Wembley tickets for season ticket holders, members and preston ticket holders won't there? so there is nothing to worry about and people who go tonight getting some sort of priorty weather its before/after/sametime as season ticket holders is a good thing.

If we have (numbers plucked out of sky) 7k season ticket holders, 5k members, and 5k people who go tonight that don't fall into group one or two, that is 17k if we can all buy 2 tickets thats 34k and should be about right.

covcity4life

i agree with those that say save this discussion for if we actually make it to wembley

getting waaaay ahead of ourselves here

i dont wanna tempt fate!

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
I didn't realise that a win tonight would see us at Wembley.

The Sky Blues host North End for a place in the two-legged northern section final at Wembley, where either Crewe or Bradford await the winners.

Linky

I think you'll find that we don't even have to win tonight and we're at Wembley. You just need a ticket stub.

ajsccfc

If they actually required people to have a ticket stub (assuming any of this is true), the sensible thing would be to announce it ahead of time to encourage people on the fence to go up. To turn around and say 'oh by the way, if you didn't go last night you're out of luck' would be counter-productive.

I could see them doing it if we get in the Northern final, but they'd let people know.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Football and particularly the Premier League is a different entity to when we were in it last though. Attendances and demand have risen everywhere. Imagine a successful promotion from the Championship followed by the Premier League, I wouldn't have thought we'd be far off selling 25k (ish) of season tickets

25K season tickets??? Have a day off! Thats more than Chelsea & Everton.....

....Besides....its a moot point.:whistle:

ThisManHere

Simple...jump online and buy a ticket. Even if you don't go your name is recorded as having a ticket for tonights game.

We'll get plenty for the final, I'd imagine 30k.

sotv1987

If you pay a fiver on the gate, do you get a stub to prove you were at the game? as i don't remember getting a stub for the earlier rounds when i paid on the gate, i would be a bit pissed off being a season ticket holder and was not a priority for a final ticket!!!

skybluelee

Members have to be given some form of priority for big games otherwise the entire membership scheme is undermined.

smileycov

Facebook User
What a load of tosh.......obviously ST holders and Members come first, then stub holders if app, followed by general sale. We are still 3 matches away from a final yet BTW!!

Users who are viewing this thread