Thorn to miss Saturdays clash after going into hospital (2 Viewers)

Let's have a day off, everyone? You either want Thorn Out or you don't, but this thread was about him being admitted to hospital after apparently catching a virus. Nothing more, nothing less. The way that what probably started off as a reasonable debate has descended into this is becoming fairly typical... it hijacks just about as many threads as it can. Believe it or not, it's not the end of the world if Thorn stays or goes. A bloke going into hospital supercedes it. However, we're all Cov fans. Dunno about you, but I will be next season too. We're not far off bottom of the tree and support of the team is needed, let's not lose sight of that and let's make sure we aren't this close to rowing at the Ricoh - an atmosphere is needed, but not this sort.

PS - this is not me being the martyr, debate is what forums are for and our position is going to lead to emotions and all that bollocks. It just gets a little bit much reading every thread about Thorn or SISU or playing staff and coming round to this. I'm as guilty as anyone else, but am all about hugging it out these days!

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

Lots of people here playing doctor and throwing some misleading stuff about. Fatigue does weaken the immune system so if you catch an infection it'll hit you harder-there's nothing more to it than that, so wish him well and leave it there. No need for more bitching!

Brighton Sky Blue

Let's have a day off, everyone? You either want Thorn Out or you don't, but this thread was about him being admitted to hospital after apparently catching a virus. Nothing more, nothing less. The way that what probably started off as a reasonable debate has descended into this is becoming fairly typical... it hijacks just about as many threads as it can. Believe it or not, it's not the end of the world if Thorn stays or goes. A bloke going into hospital supercedes it. However, we're all Cov fans. Dunno about you, but I will be next season too. We're not far off bottom of the tree and support of the team is needed, let's not lose sight of that and let's make sure we aren't this close to rowing at the Ricoh - an atmosphere is needed, but not this sort.

PS - this is not me being the martyr, debate is what forums are for and our position is going to lead to emotions and all that bollocks. It just gets a little bit much reading every thread about Thorn or SISU or playing staff and coming round to this. I'm as guilty as anyone else, but am all about hugging it out these days!

Last week I asked folk to leave Thorn In/Out debates until relegation or survival was certain, for the same reasons you've given. Same day, someone starts another Thorn thread or 2-some folk just can't resist the topic.

Grendel

I agree. Let him have the rest of the season off.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Lots of people here playing doctor and throwing some misleading stuff about. Fatigue does weaken the immune system so if you catch an infection it'll hit you harder-there's nothing more to it than that, so wish him well and leave it there. No need for more bitching!
Yea if he is stressed the effects of the virus could be more significant, all we know is he was feeling unwell, he went into hospital to have some tests and was diagnosed with a virus.
Saying this proves he is stressed and under pressure is mere speculation, not saying it is not a possibility though.

Grendel

It exacerbates it I said-didn't say it was a cause!

A few months in the clean air of Switzerland would do him the world of good. He can be back in may fully refreshed.

Grendel

Grendel

Harrison's going in there instead to give Wyken and yourself the company-Brinner's fate is a closely guarded secret.

Harrison! I hope he doesn't need the toilet...

Grendel

SISU sold the cellar toilet to pay for Norwood, so I don't envy your position.

I know one thing if they offer me a plastic cup I'm not drinking out of it. Get well soon AT.

Nonleagueherewecome

Who said no longer welcome on the forum??? Making things up again? You probaly the most patronising poster on here. If someone don't agree With ya, there against thorn and the world. Because you said it ain't a joking matter everyone gotta stop having a laugh??? Behave eh

Don't tell me to behave. I take being called "Doctor Fuckwit" as not being welcomed. At least, it's not something I enjoy, and I just won't bother coming on here if I get abuse. Call me a drama queen if you like, but that just isn't me idea of fun.

Sick Boy

All the best, Andy, hope you are feeling better soon.

Did anyone hear his interview after last Saturday? He didn't sound too good then.

EleanorRigby

The blokes ill with a virus ffs! They can catching can't they which is probably why he is away from the training ground. Why do people think there are motives for everything. The club could have given it a bit of thought and not said ought until the weekend which would have stopped all this gossip, but then it would have got out that he went to hospital, and the rumour mill would have gone into overdrive putting Hackets and Pargetters on alert.

CUS Wyken

Don't tell me to behave. I take being called "Doctor Fuckwit" as not being welcomed. At least, it's not something I enjoy, and I just won't bother coming on here if I get abuse. Call me a drama queen if you like, but that just isn't me idea of fun.

I didn't call you a doctor fuckwit so why quote me????

As for Thorn i see the Telegraph have reported a high blood pressure and hes been advised to take it easy tonight becasue of stress levels...

Also i heard Saturday Thorn only been at training twice the past couple of weeks. So maybe he's been ill for a while?

Nonleagueherewecome

As for Thorn i see the Telegraph have reported a high blood pressure and hes been advised to take it easy tonight becasue of stress levels...

Also i heard Saturday Thorn only been at training twice the past couple of weeks. So maybe he's been ill for a while?

Nah not you, someone else. Anyway, let it lie, he won, I'm not posting!

Sick Boy

He has looked or sounded good for quite a while now, he has only been in the job a year, so maybe it isn't for him.

I can't believe that other guy is a moderator on here, it is ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread