Thorn to miss Saturdays clash after going into hospital (2 Viewers)

Macca

It's not unusual to end up in hospital briefly if you ve had a nasty virus that has left you dehydrated. Shouldnt make any difference on saturday as we ve been told all season that there is nothing he can do with what he has to work with ;)

torchomatic

Get well soon. But....

Shame for the fella... Hope it's not serious eh...

But what's caused it? Stress as mentioned above. If so surely this is a worry for all concerned.

If in his first year of management he's rushed to hospital for stress related illness then he's not fit for the job? This is not a anti thorn statement but a factual one. If the stress of management of 1 year has made him ill then that isn't the job for him.

pusbccfc

Thorns to sick to even drive home!

@richh87

I knew people would ignore the statement that it's a virus and turn into something more serious to get him out.

It's a virus. Wish him well and leave it at that.

Harry Redknapp was properly ill only weeks ago - are Spurs fans calling for someone else?

Jesus.

Grendel

Harry Redknapp was properly ill only weeks ago - are Spurs fans calling for someone else?

Jesus.

I know they want the Premier Title but define intervention is not allowed under league rules.

CUS Wyken

I knew people would ignore the statement that it's a virus and turn into something more serious to get him out.

It's a virus. Wish him well and leave it at that.

Jesus.

Who the fuck said to sack him? You making things up again richard??? I said IF, look up the word IF in the dictionary eh. Not good for ALL concerned including himself. Like i said IF its stress related, then the job is not right for him. Which a virus usually caused by.

Now stop turning this thread into a Pro Thorn/Anti Thorn

aodea

Get well soon Andy. Some things like health are more important than football and no matter what people think its evident that Thorn Cares for the club.

Nick

Administrator
Hope he gets well soon. He does always look and sound stressed with sweat pouring off his head.

Nonleagueherewecome

Get well soon Andy.

To those who said on here in the past few weeks that he isn't under any pressure, I think this proves he well and truly is.

CovLis86

Perhaps its all just a clever mind game tactic to help produce a result against Fester tomorrow?!?!...

But seriously, hope Andy gets well soon. Like the poor guy hasnt got enough on his plate! Literally...

_brian_

He's fallen ill at the thought of having to go to Leicester tomorrow!!! LOL!

Only joking, probably just a virus as previously mentioned.

Nonleagueherewecome

Hmm, not particularly a joking matter, is it? He'll have to do a Jock Stein before he gets any sympathy off some people.

CUS Wyken

Hmm, not particularly a joking matter, is it? He'll have to do a Jock Stein before he gets any sympathy off some people.

Hmm, not particularly a joking matter..................

Jesus christ its not life threatning illness eh... its what us british do best, try and make a laugh out of even the bad things in life.

Moff

Dont be so bloody ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!

I mean when would Thorn get the chance to win the league with Celtic and then become Scotland manager ;)

Sky Blue Sheepy

Hey come on this has been a relatively pleasant thread so far!
I assume it's a virus - probably made worse if he is feeling the pressure (which wouldn't surprise me - I saw the documentary the BBC did on managers... - their heart rates go mental!)
Get well soon Andy, and come on lads, smash Leicester for him!

CUS Wyken

Hey come on this has been a relatively pleasant thread so far!
I assume it's a virus - probably made worse if he is feeling the pressure (which wouldn't surprise me - I saw the documentary the BBC did on managers... - their heart rates go mental!)
Get well soon Andy, and come on lads, smash Leicester for him!

Thing is fella, we were having a discussion then Torchmatic, Non league and Rich 87 decide to get on their high horse and say people are out of order about Thorn.

I can’t see one posts that suggest ANYONE is happy Thorn has been taken hospital. Just an observation that IF it is stress then maybe been manager is not for him. If someone feels this stressed in their first year then its obviously not good for his health.

That’s all.

Nonleagueherewecome

oh shut the fuck up will you,i wished him well in my first post

but i forgot "this virus PROVES hes under stress"

ok doctor fuckwit

I think it is further indication that he's under pressure, which the tone of voice also gave a clue to.

Your reply was was totally unwarranted. I could call you lots of horrible names but I won't bow to your very low level. Told you before, I'll no doubt tell you again-if you don't like my opinions, don't read them: put me on ignore. 'Cos one thing is guaranteed, I'm not likely to ever be agreeing with someone like you. Get over it and stop massively over-reacting.

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

Thing is fella, we were having a discussion then Torchmatic, Non league and Rich 87 decide to get on their high horse and say people are out of order about Thorn.

I can’t see one posts that suggest ANYONE is happy Thorn has been taken hospital. Just an observation that IF it is stress then maybe been manager is not for him. If someone feels this stressed in their first year then its obviously not good for his health.

That’s all.

I said I didn't think it was a joking matter. My opinion, get over it. I didn't realise that if you have a view that some people don't agree with, you are no longer welcome on this forum?

Who the fuck said to sack him? You making things up again richard??? I said IF, look up the word IF in the dictionary eh. Not good for ALL concerned including himself. Like i said IF its stress related, then the job is not right for him. Which a virus usually caused by.

Now stop turning this thread into a Pro Thorn/Anti Thorn

For what it's worth, you catch a virus and it has nothing to do with stress. You can be as stressed and even as run down as you like, if there is no virus to catch then you will not catch one. It's like people saying that you will catch a cold if you go out with your hair wet. No, you will catch a cold if you come into contact with the cold virus, going out with your hair wet has no effect whatsoever.

Get well soon, Andy. As a Coventry fan, I would prefer him to make a full recovery than for us to stay up. Nice bloke, family man, not had a good time of things in his first managerial role.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Get well soon Andy.

To those who said on here in the past few weeks that he isn't under any pressure, I think this proves he well and truly is.
No it doesn't, from the facts given he caught a virus which could have happened to anyone. There is no evidence it came from pressure or stress related.
I am not ruling out it could have been stress/pressure related but this is not "proof" just people speculating.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Truly not what we want to hear. A well loved character and while there are split loyalties here about his tenure as manager, all of us wish nothing but the very best for him and a full recovery. Health is more important.....it's just a bloody football game.

Maybe the players will respond to this in a positive fashion. Not to be harsh but perhaps SISU would be wise to give Thorn gardening leave for the rest of the season so he may recover properly and get on the phone to Simon Grayson?
Simon Grayson took the Huddersfield job about a week or so ago mate.

CUS Wyken

I said I didn't think it was a joking matter. My opinion, get over it. I didn't realise that if you have a view that some people don't agree with, you are no longer welcome on this forum?

Who said no longer welcome on the forum??? Making things up again? You probaly the most patronising poster on here. If someone don't agree With ya, there against thorn and the world. Because you said it ain't a joking matter everyone gotta stop having a laugh??? Behave eh

Users who are viewing this thread