Thorn post match statement watch (1 Viewer)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
not much he can say really is there. He put himself between a rock and a hard place with his comments in the press after Nuneaton and tonight the "first team" came back and bit him with it. He has to repeat the same or just shut up and either will seem clueless right now.

A friend of mine, a nuneaton fan, said he thought the players saturday showed AT a lack of respect ... thought that a strange comment .................. but after tonight ....... From what we have had reported that cant be the case surely? It has to be down to the application of the players and decisions of the management team surely?

I said before that I was bothered by a number of things in the squad and AT ....... his job has just got a lot harder and it is time he proves a depth of managerial knowledge, flexibility of thought, single minded determination and a clarity action.

Currently the squad, coaches and manager do not appear to be up to the task..... that has to change and quickly

Friendlies matter ...... they dont get you points but they get you a strategy, fitness, understanding and a team ..... in differing degrees as the season nears ...... but they matter. Oh and very clearly they matter to many fans ..... especially those who spend time and money to go see them.

over to you AT

Last edited:

Grendel

Any decent owner would never of employed him in the first place.

Too true. Just seen George Curtis in the Scirebourne. He command respect even now thorn never has.

valiant15

Ive seen him in there a few times,its great that a city legend like him shares my local lol. I wonder what be makes of it all?

Grendel

Ive seen him in there a few times,its great that a city legend like him shares my local lol. I wonder what be makes of it all?

Probably the same as us. Thorn is a useless twat. Still at least CJ thinks thorn is better than Sillett and Curtis. I'm getting depressed before we've even started. It's another lint of IPA.

Grendel

We have abysmal owners though.

What a shit result v Wrexham. F*ck sake. I'm so glad I haven't bought a season ticket this year.

Never mind you can still give your mate a cheery wave when we are 3 down to Hartlepool.

Grendel

Lovely,get it down lad! I hope when i look on here in the morning there will be a 'thorn sacked' thread.

I hope not. Sky blue John and CJ will be calling the Samaratans.

Nonleagueherewecome

Duffy coming dangerously close to sounding like a man who wants us to lose so he can be proven right?

@richh87

Duffy coming dangerously close to sounding like a man who wants us to lose so he can be proven right?

You've got a point there. I haven't noticed it with Duffy during the season, however Lordsummerisle is nowhere to be seen when we win - i'm sure he wants us to lose.

Grendel

No I am right and we will continue to under achieve with thorn. These are dangerous times. Truth is the friendly means little but with thorn we will probably bumble along in mid table. We need energy and we need a winning mentality. Like it or not thorn is a loser. He keeps losing football matches. We have to get promoted now. With thorn this not happen. If you want the honest truth I hope we get thumped by Yeovil and bury if this means he goes. I fear 3 points from these games is likely at least so we can still pretend a manager runs the club not this idiot that has not a clue.

@richh87

I'd just like to take this opportunity to point out that although I am a Thorn lover - I have not at any stage said we'll get promoted, coz we won't!

The club is a joke and has been for years. We need new owners most crucially, one's who'll spend the money required to get us up again.

Nonleagueherewecome

No I am right and we will continue to under achieve with thorn. These are dangerous times. Truth is the friendly means little but with thorn we will probably bumble along in mid table. We need energy and we need a winning mentality. Like it or not thorn is a loser. He keeps losing football matches. We have to get promoted now. With thorn this not happen. If you want the honest truth I hope we get thumped by Yeovil and bury if this means he goes. I fear 3 points from these games is likely at least so we can still pretend a manager runs the club not this idiot that has not a clue.

So not close, but way past!

It's understandable if you hate a a manager, I felt exactly the same under Peter Reid.

Grendel

So not close, but way past!

It's understandable if you hate a a manager, I felt exactly the same under Peter Reid.

I don't hate anyone. A manager is a vessel that passes through the club so any emotion regarding them is curious either way. Thorn is useless and is dragging the club to depths beliw the natural level. He needs to go. That's not live or hate its just a fact.

lordsummerisle

Remember coming out of the Sky Blue Club before one match when he used to work there and he came running out and grabbed me by the shoulder.

Shit myself, but he was just giving me my wallet which i'd left behind.

Sound man.

Thorn better though!

lordsummerisle

You've got a point there. I haven't noticed it with Duffy during the season, however Lordsummerisle is nowhere to be seen when we win - i'm sure he wants us to lose.

I'm here all the time, then again we don't win!

How are your triumverate of evil coming on with taking over the club?

degs

Whilst I'm not saying Thorn is the right man for the job we have to remember he is all that SISU are prepared to pay for, The players all cost nothing to sign. If Thorn is sacked we will still have to pay him, So we will again have another period of 2 managers being paid and therefore less money to spend on players.
Thorn is not the problem the owners are, so lets all support the manager and players we have, and remember who has left us in this mess.

Whilst I'm not saying Thorn is the right man for the job we have to remember he is all that SISU are prepared to pay for, The players all cost nothing to sign. If Thorn is sacked we will still have to pay him, So we will again have another period of 2 managers being paid and therefore less money to spend on players.
Thorn is not the problem the owners are, so lets all support the manager and players we have, and remember who has left us in this mess.

Nice to see rationality still exists in some form on here.

covcity4life

your the one who wants us to lose so you get hard thinking about poor old hard done by thorn

thatw ay when you win you can act smug about the great one thorn

win-win? but in realisty it makes you a loser

Astute

Yeah NLHWC it is all down to realisty :D

Astute

your the one who wants us to lose so you get hard thinking about poor old hard done by thorn

thatw ay when you win you can act smug about the great one thorn

win-win? but in realisty it makes you a loser

I don't understand how anyone can think any of us want our team to lose. That is unless they don't actually support our club.

Users who are viewing this thread