Thorn needs to grow a pair and stand up to SISU (1 Viewer)

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Look at where Forest were when Davies started flapping his lips as you advocate. Look at the result since. Capiche? It didn't work. It doesn't work. Try putting the facts into your sentence maker, take your sedatives, think hard in a semi-darkened room and you'll begin to see reason. Honest

Grendel

Yeah, because that really helped Forest and Davies alike!! Could you have chosen an example to better illustrate the stupidity of your debate?

Your point makes no sense? Or are you saying we will experience immense decline if our manager walks - that I doubt.

CUS Wyken

Look at where Forest were when Davies started flapping his lips as you advocate. Look at the result since. Capiche? It didn't work. It doesn't work. Try putting the facts into your sentence maker, take your sedatives, think hard in a semi-darkened room and you'll begin to see reason. Honest

haha you utter drip.

Didn't Davies get Forest into the playoffs??? So while he was in charge they done wonders. Sometimes a bit fight and backbone does teams great. You know the manager supports you.

We have Thorn who is a yes man to sisu and look where we are now. Do you think the players like seeing the best go? No... so why can't Thorn say it how it is, instead of coming out with daft comments like "Alex is a very, very talented young player for his age in this country. I've liked him for a long time," said Thorn.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Your point makes no sense? Or are you saying we will experience immense decline if our manager walks - that I doubt.

I don't think I stated that, did I? The point very clearly being that managers coming out and criticising the board doesn't work in all instances; especially when Davies and a forest are held up as an example of 'how things should be done'

Grendel

I don't think I stated that, did I? The point very clearly being that managers coming out and criticising the board doesn't work in all instances; especially when Davies and a forest are held up as an example of 'how things should be done'

It might in our case -- SISU might fire him

Certainly nnt my understanding.

What you're referring top is just a standard 12 month contract not a rolling contract - there is always an option at the end of an agreement to extend or not if both agree! The idea I believe is that it protects both parties so that we can't get rid of him for nothing but without being tied into silly 4/5 year contracts and in turn if he is successful we are always guaranteed compensation. What they can do at any time is change that to serve 12 months notice and then he has to work for the period of his remaining contract but who would want someone at the helm who knew they were soon out and have their heart not in it? I doubt its a huge contract anyhow and would have been the cheap option hence why he got the job.

You're tied into a never ending contract in the case you mentioned earlier.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

haha you utter drip.

Didn't Davies get Forest into the playoffs??? So while he was in charge they done wonders. Sometimes a bit fight and backbone does teams great. You know the manager supports you.

We have Thorn who is a yes man to sisu and look where we are now. Do you think the players like seeing the best go? No... so why can't Thorn say it how it is, instead of coming out with daft comments like "Alex is a very, very talented young player for his age in this country. I've liked him for a long time," said Thorn.

Again, you have no idea as to what he's said in private. And what's he meant to say about an incoming player he's looking to motivate? 'He's not as good as the player who's left, and he's the best SISU will pay for'?

CUS Wyken

Again, you have no idea as to what he's said in private. And what's he meant to say about an incoming player he's looking to motivate? 'He's not as good as the player who's left, and he's the best SISU will pay for'?

No but to say I've liked him for a long time... Jesus Christ..... We've got him for 3 months. If this was a permanment signing i would understand his quote but a 3 month loan. If the fella was that good, surely Mowbary would have asked to keep him. Speaks volumes

rob9872

Thats the idea its never ending until one party breaks it at which point they are always entitled to 12 months pay. Lessens the risk to the employer that you don't end up paying off three years and means they always get compensation if another club wants your manager, but protects the manager from being left high and dry with no compensation if teh employer chose not to renew.

Thats the idea its never ending until one party breaks it at which point they are always entitled to 12 months pay. Lessens the risk to the employer that you don't end up paying off three years and means they always get compensation if another club wants your manager, but protects the manager from being left high and dry with no compensation if teh employer chose not to renew.

Sorry - that makes sense actually - although I don't think you'd necessarily be entitled to 12 months pay (as severance terms are probably agreed separately).

Users who are viewing this thread