Thorn needs to grow a pair and stand up to SISU (1 Viewer)

CUS Wyken

He has 6 months left on his contract and has nothing to lose in standing up to SISU and saying enough is enough.

Instead hes just sitting back watching our club demise and probably his managerial career go to pot aswell

Too much of a yes man

Mary_Mungo_Midge

He has 6 months left on his contract and has nothing to lose in standing up to SISU and saying enough is enough.

Instead hes just sitting back watching our club demise and probably his managerial career go to pot aswell

Too much of a yes man

What would you suggest he did?

rob9872

He probably has a mortgage like the rest of us who would like to tell our bosses what we really think but we toe the line and do the best we can with what we have because it keeps a roof over our heads and food on the table. I bet he hates it as much as we all do but unfortunately for him this is his one opportunity and his stock isn't great enough that he could risk leaving and be able to walk into another managerial position.

CUS Wyken

He probably has a mortgage like the rest of us who would like to tell our bosses what we really think but we tow the line and do the best we can with what we have because it keeps a roof over our heads and food on the table. I bet he hates it as much as we all do but unfortunately for him this is his one opportunity and his stock isn't great enough that he could risk leaving and be able to walk into another managerial position.

Like i said, he's only got 6 months left.

Can SISU afford to sack him? Probably not so what has he actually got to lose?

Either way 6 months time he'll be on the rock n roll.

The soothsayer

Too much of a yes man

How can you grow something you have had removed?

rob9872

Like i said, he's only got 6 months left.

Can SISU afford to sack him? Probably not so what has he actually got to lose?

Either way 6 months time he'll be on the rock n roll.

HE has a 12 month rolling contract which in my understanding means he always has 12 months in front and for any time up until the point they sack him or serve him notice. I could be wrong but I believe those to be the terms. Perhaps someone can clarify.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

You have no idea what he may or may not have said in private. Saying it again in public makes no difference. For once, get off his damn back and vent your spleen at those more deserved

SkyBlueScottie

Come out in the public domain and say if we have any chance of staying up we need to keep our best players... Basically say it how it is.

What good will that do? We know whats required, Thorn knows what is required, Sisu know what is required, the problem is that although Sisu know what is required, they are not willing / able to do anything about it.

WillieStanley

If I had 6 months left on my contract, I would be doing everything in my power to prove I warranted a renewal. I certainly wouldn't be in the press undermining them. I have a family to think of. As has Thorn!

CUS Wyken

What good will that do? We know whats required, Thorn knows what is required, Sisu know what is required, the problem is that although Sisu know what is required, they are not willing / able to do anything about it.

Put pressure on them? Bit like the majority of the fans... Oh lets just sit back and allow this to happen.

No fight from anyone at this club. No wonder were screwed.

He could take a leaf from Bill Davies book... least he says it how it was at Forest.

CUS Wyken

If I had 6 months left on my contract, I would be doing everything in my power to prove I warranted a renewal. I certainly wouldn't be in the press undermining them. I have a family to think of. As has Thorn!

Can SISU afford to sack Thorn?? NO! If they could they would have by now.

CUS Wyken

But they can afford to simply not renew his contract.

Finishing bottom of the league. I think he'll be off. Well i hope so myself.

Its called taking risks. Something Thorn has no idea about. Were bottom of the league yet still goes out to try not to lose games rather then go out and win them

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Finishing bottom of the league. I think he'll be off. Well i hope so myself.

Its called taking risks. Something Thorn has no idea about. Were bottom of the league yet still goes out to try not to lose games rather then go out and win them

What, with all of those players he hasn't got? Have we started early today?

Nick

Administrator
I always thought a 12 month rolling is that it year on year, so at the end of year 1 it is extended unless things change? Like a mobile phone contract?

Otherwise when we get paid we always have to pay him 12 months pay off?

WillieStanley

I guess you're right then. If we're going down and he's off anyway, he may as well use this time to act totally unprofessional and render himself unemployable in football, the only industry he's ever known.

torchomatic

Great avatar, Willie.

And whip it good!

Sisu-infidels

I guess you're right then. If we're going down and he's off anyway, he may as well use this time to act totally unprofessional and render himself unemployable in football, the only industry he's ever known.

Exactly! Football is in the public spotlight if he were to stand up against sisu it would be career suicide,would you employ him in the future?

Besides do you honestly think sisu believe AT is happy working under the conditions he does? They know how they are alienating the supporters and they know AT has an impossible task! Sisu want a puppet and AT has no option but to oblige!

CUS Wyken

What, with all of those players he hasn't got? Have we started early today?

Im talking about giving teams ago... too many times this season this team has one mentality. Pass sidewards. Never any urgency.

Granted the players are not the best but at least attack.

I'd rather lose 3-2 and say at least we went for it... rather then 1-0 or 2-1 and never really looking threatening

Last edited:

CUS Wyken

Exactly! Football is in the public spotlight if he were to stand up against sisu it would be career suicide,would you employ him in the future?

Besides do you honestly think sisu believe AT is happy working under the conditions he does? They know how they are alienating the supporters and they know AT has an impossible task! Sisu want a puppet and AT has no option but to oblige!

Why would it be a career suicide... I think he'd get alot more respect.

A career suicide is finsihing bottom in your first full term in charge of a team. :pointlaugh:

He probably has a mortgage like the rest of us who would like to tell our bosses what we really think but we toe the line and do the best we can with what we have because it keeps a roof over our heads and food on the table. I bet he hates it as much as we all do but unfortunately for him this is his one opportunity and his stock isn't great enough that he could risk leaving and be able to walk into another managerial position.

He won't be able to pay the mortgage further down the line in anycase, his record at Coventry would make him virtually unemployable as a football manager again.

Grendel

Never stops Billy Davies getting considered for every job in the Championship that becomes available.

HE has a 12 month rolling contract which in my understanding means he always has 12 months in front and for any time up until the point they sack him or serve him notice. I could be wrong but I believe those to be the terms. Perhaps someone can clarify.

No, 12 month rolling contract means that 12 months after it started it may be automatically renewed. Or it may not. It's not committal on both parties beyond the initial 12 months.

CUS Wyken

He won't be able to pay the mortgage further down the line in anycase, his record at Coventry would make him virtually unemployable as a football manager again.

JT – this thread just shows Cov fans have no backbone. Would rather get walked all over then make a stand against the powers that be. Sticking up for a fella who has allowed his team get ripped apart and turning us into a pony outfit. Yes SISU are the main perpetrators of our downfall but Thorn has contributed a bit himself...

No wonder this club is in disarray.

Tankie

I cannot believe some posters, Thorn has made his views known on the radio, I've heard him say I need to strengthen,But the tight Ars8d Sisu are hardly throwing money at him are they, I don't blame him for not walking, would any of us in all honesty chuck our jobs in to prove a point, and would the scenario, of Thorn walking out of one door, and Oggy walking in another, change a Doomsday situation, that SiSu has contrived to
manufacture, lets lay the blame on the right Doorstep,
Greetings...The Tank
1035.gif

CUS Wyken

I cannot believe some posters, Thorn has made his views known on the radio, I've heard him say I need to strengthen,But the tight Ars8d Sisu are hardly throwing money at him are they, I don't blame him for not walking, would any of us in all honesty chuck our jobs in to prove a point, and would the scenario, of Thorn walking out of one door, and Oggy walking in another, change a Doomsday situation, that SiSu has contrived to
manufacture, lets lay the blame on the right Doorstep,
Greetings...The Tank
1035.gif

Who said he should walk?

He has never questioned SISU publically. Yes he has said i need players but don’t all managers?

What he needs to say is enough is enough. Instead he comes out with bollocks like i’ve got a list of targets and my main one is coming in next week. Well if this fella from Man City is his main target then jesus Christ. Why bother.

rob9872

No, 12 month rolling contract means that 12 months after it started it may be automatically renewed. Or it may not. It's not committal on both parties beyond the initial 12 months.

Certainly nnt my understanding.

What you're referring top is just a standard 12 month contract not a rolling contract - there is always an option at the end of an agreement to extend or not if both agree! The idea I believe is that it protects both parties so that we can't get rid of him for nothing but without being tied into silly 4/5 year contracts and in turn if he is successful we are always guaranteed compensation. What they can do at any time is change that to serve 12 months notice and then he has to work for the period of his remaining contract but who would want someone at the helm who knew they were soon out and have their heart not in it? I doubt its a huge contract anyhow and would have been the cheap option hence why he got the job.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Put pressure on them? Bit like the majority of the fans... Oh lets just sit back and allow this to happen.

No fight from anyone at this club. No wonder were screwed.

He could take a leaf from Bill Davies book... least he says it how it was at Forest.

Yeah, because that really helped Forest and Davies alike!! Could you have chosen an example to better illustrate the stupidity of your debate?

CUS Wyken

Yeah, because that really helped Forest and Davies alike!! Could you have chosen an example to better illustrate the stupidity of your debate?

Remind me how Forest got on last season? Remind me where we are?

Then come back to me... Could you have chosen an example to better illustrate the stupidity of your post...

Users who are viewing this thread