Thorn likely to be sacked today (1 Viewer)

So I am told. Can't see SISU splashing the cash on a replacement, his hands were tied, thought he still had the players' support. I don't doubt that there are better managers out there & a new one might give some fresh impetus, but a shame all things considered. If I am wrong, apologies. This is what I have heard, not certain of validity & would take no pride in winding up fellow Cov fans.

Sbmacca

Heard the same today. All rumour I guess. Friend of a friend etc. Was about to post it myself till this popped up!!! Echo all the sentiments u said.

Gray

if thorn gets sacked today i'll chain myself to the goalposts saturday....NAKED!

agree thorn has to go now but if we are in such a state we had to wait until o donovan left to bring in a man utd reserve kid then where would the money come from to bring in a new man and backroom staff, unless carsley took the reigns, but he is as inexperienced as thorn was. whatever happens i feel a change is needed even just to try and give everyone some kind of lift

I was not stating Thorn should go now. I was just passing on what I heard; that Thorn was called to a meeting today & the feeling was that he'd be sacked. I have long argued that SISU would not finance such a move, so would have responded to such a thread with scepticism (if not quite as much on-pitch nakedness). As I say, apologies if I am wrong, not on the wind up.

mememe

he has to be sacked on the basis he just isnt experienced enough, the glaring issue stood out last night, as soon as phillips came on it should have 5 at the back and timewasting for 5 minutes... a sunday league manager knows this. the fact is we need an old head to manage our team at least until the end of the season, teach them how to stay calm and see a game out!! what is it with the last 10 minutes in our games?? thousands of pounds a week and in all honestly they prove they are not fit enough to keep up the pace they set for 80 minutes. it is really embarrassing

Sbarcher

Gray - can you please confirm your gender before I buy a ticket for Saturday.......

Gray

On a serious note though if someone gets sacked for being 3 points off the playoffs then its a no brainer really

EleanorRigby

If i thought a new manager would create the new boss syndrome and win us a few games i would go with giving AT the boot but i don't. Might aswell go with Thorne until our fate is known and decide where we go from there, you never know we might have new owners with squillions to spend on getting out of divsion 3

joemercersaces

I see Warnock is linked with Leeds, what a match!

One of the most obnoxious managers in football with easily the most obnoxious club, chairman and set of fans.

In fact I'm not sure Warnock is obnoxious enough for them. Grayson always came across as being just like the rest of them, dour and morose, blinkered and belligerent.

Users who are viewing this thread