Thorn is not the man. (2 Viewers)

FRY-CCFC

Just give him some time is all I'm saying you are all so much better managers than thorn aren't you. You call us stupid when you want thorn sacked after one game and don't say its after last season as well because he wasn't able rto bring in his own players last year he should be judged this season but not after one game

Sick Boy

Just give him some time is all I'm saying you are all so much better managers than thorn aren't you. You call us stupid when you want thorn sacked after one game and don't say its after last season as well because he wasn't able rto bring in his own players last year he should be judged this season but not after one game

He has had plenty of time and has proved he is not up to the job of managing a professional football team. He has not been here for one game either.

How can you take a manager seriously when he doesn't believe in scouting the opposition.

Can you tell us what makes Thorn a good manager?

ClarrieB

I think you are confused - no-one called you stupid. I also disagree that he shouldn't be judged on last season - imagine if we said that after every season of failure.

some issues I have are - 1) he never takes responsibility for failure - 2) he is deliberately vague when answering questions ie. fans forum 3) he maintains the diamond even when it's not working 4) he scapegooats players ie Cody should have had four 5) he plays loan players over players signed on contracts

FRY-CCFC

It wasn't last season sisu crippled thorn and didn't let bring in his own players judge him on this season and stop being stupid

sky blue john

Boring same multiple posters!!
posting thorn out brigade.
I know everyone has an oppinion and im not trying to curb freedom of speech.
But i am loseing the will to live with this repetitive post from the minority few !!!

stringyb92

Im a firm believer that Thorn should of gone last season. But its a new season and he has made changes im willing to give him to xmas. If we are still looking awful and playing awful then he has to go!!!!

rswxite

I don't mind people criticising him, I criticised him for playing Daniels and kilbane out wide but to call for his head is stupid. Let's not forget it was SISU who got us relegated last season not thorny. Also swindon drew 0-0 away to hartlepool yday but you don't see people calling for di canio to go do you. Your knowledge of the game is inept you simpleton

Probably because dicanio led Swindon to be league 2 champions last season that's why!!

ClarrieB

wow - all thorns fans are such great footballing minds - no wonder they berate anyone who utters a word against him - it's quite simple - he is wholly inadequate

shy_tall_knight

I don't believe AT is good enough, by this time next week following 2 home games we will have a better idea. I just don't think he is capable of motivating a side for the big games, such as Brizzol and Forest away last year, Tuesday is a game against the top team in the division, let us see how we play against these.

Sick Boy

People seem to claim that those who want Thorn out are in the minority, I am sorry but that really isn't the case now.

Sick Boy

Yh let's go down the same route we did with thorn employ a coach with no managerial experience, your quite the thinker

They couldn't do any worse, they probably have more tactical nous as well.

It was claimed on here Thorn said at the fans forum that he doesn't believe in scouting the opposition, he is taking the piss!

They couldn't do any worse, they probably have more tactical nous as well.

It was claimed on here Thorn said at the fans forum that he doesn't believe in scouting the opposition, he is taking the piss!

Tbh if thorn gets the boot, with SISU in charge shaw/carsley will be the low cost replacements

Grendel

Does anyone think he will survive if we lose the next 2?

Skyblueloyal

He is tactically inept and has no clue on what to do when things go wrong.

Please tell us the solution and maybe we could pass if on to Mr Thorn...... What a c@#k. I bet you are one of the Cwr phone in boys and never go.

Macca

Isn't, never was and never will be. However we need to forget it because it won t change and get behind the team

RichieGunns

Right what ive got from the last 6 pages draws me to this conclusion based on this evidence.

------------

There are sky blue fans who cannot be happy unless he goes RIGHT. THIS. SECOND!

There are sky blue fans who while not happy with Thorn, are ready to give him a chance.
------------

Not once have i seen a comment saying "i love thorn, he's the best, i wouldnt have anyone else" etc. So its plain to see that we all feel the same way about thorn, just one side have no patience and the other side does.

So can we just agree that we would all like to see a better manager but really we're not going to get that until hell freezes over or SISU are gone. And as for the not scouting other teams, its simple really, he gets someone else to do it for him which is what scouts are there for. They not only look at players but also look at teams etc.

Remember he's the manager now. Its not his job anymore to scout.

rswxite

I'm neither a thorn hater nor do I think he's the right man for the job, never did! He is tactically inept, his timing of substitutions is very poor and his media skills are equally poor! If the not scouting of teams is true then that really is shocking! All good managers do their homework and set their team up to try and outwit the opposition not just put your best 11 out and hope for the best!

I would love to see shaw given a go at some point, he's had his coaching badges a lot longer than thorn and talks a lot of sense, think he would command respect and lead the team far more than thorn does! I think we would then see a difference on the pitch with a team ethic and a clear direction.

Having said all that, 1 game into the season is not enough to determine how we will do in this league this year, another 6 games and if we're still looking like its going to be a repeat of last year then that's the time to change.

Sick Boy

I'm neither a thorn hater nor do I think he's the right man for the job, never did! He is tactically inept, his timing of substitutions is very poor and his media skills are equally poor! If the not scouting of teams is true then that really is shocking! All good managers do their homework and set their team up to try and outwit the opposition not just put your best 11 out and hope for the best!

I would love to see shaw given a go at some point, he's had his coaching badges a lot longer than thorn and talks a lot of sense, think he would command respect and lead the team far more than thorn does! I think we would then see a difference on the pitch with a team ethic and a clear direction.

Having said all that, 1 game into the season is not enough to determine how we will do in this league this year, another 6 games and if we're still looking like its going to be a repeat of last year then that's the time to change.

According to 'Grendel', Thorn claimed that he doesn't believe in the scouting of the opposition.

Shocking.

kg82

I remember thorn saying the reason we didn't play football on the ground Tuesday was because daggers wouldn't allow us to. Could the same be said yesterday? No. All if's and buts but look at yesterday and we didn't play particulary well. If your happy with a draw at Yeovil then that's how bad we have come eh.

One side note. Donny went to Walsall and scored 3. Donny went into there game and went for the win. We go away and play for a draw AGAIN!!!!!

We didn't play for a draw. I'm not happy with a draw, but I'll certainly take it over losing.

sylus

thorn does seem to only go for draws away from home,but like last season,those draws ended in defeat and will be so this season to if the attitude doesn't change,you must go for the win every game,home or away and not be afraid to impose our game on the game,thorn seems more worried about the oposition game plan,than imposing ours.

i think the next 2 games are crucial for thorn being we need at least 4pts if not 6..

Last edited:

1nilandwe...

This is ridiculous.

There appear to be a number of posters on here desperate for Thorn to fail, just so they can jump on here and shout 'I told you so' and blow raspberries at everyone. Grow up.

Sisu_Cockroaches

Thorn needs to loose some weight or he will be I'll again. What good is he to us in a hospital bed. We should dock his wages if he does cause you can't just keep eating scotch eggs and pork pies like that.

Users who are viewing this thread