this yank fella on cwr.... (1 Viewer)

Nonleagueherewecome

I know what you mean, egastap-but I think his point is that Mr. Brodys nationality is somewhat irrelevant to his essential makeup. It doesn't matter where he's from, bullshit smells the same all over the world.;)

egastap

I know what you mean, egastap-but I think his point is that Mr. Brodys nationality is somewhat irrelevant to his essential makeup. It doesn't matter where he's from, bullshit smells the same all over the world.;)

Thanks NLHWC. Maybe my English has deteriorated since I left, and if his (Mr. Bruce) point was only saying that he should sod off, I don't have a problem with that sentiment. His usage of Yank/Canadian, Tomato/Tomato was a little bemusing and therefore misunderstood. You see how you pronounce 'Tomato' depends on which side of the pond your on....and I understand both usages as I speak both fluent English, Canadian English and can understand American English. However, most Canadians are INSULTED by people referring to us as Yanks, which is not determined by which side of the pond you live. So take that reference out and I do not have a problem.

Nonleagueherewecome

Yeah, it must be annoying to be Canadian and mistaken for American all the time! A bit like the New Zealand / Australia thing in "Flight of The Conchords" ! I particularly like the episode where one wakes up to discover he's got drunk and shagged an Aussie bird, the ultimate cultural faux-pas...
Genius, btw if you haven't seen them!

bishbosh

Yeah, it must be annoying to be Canadian and mistaken for American all the time! A bit like the New Zealand / Australia thing in "Flight of The Conchords" ! I particularly like the episode where one wakes up to discover he's got drunk and shagged an Aussie bird, the ultimate cultural faux-pas...
Genius, btw if you haven't seen them!

Yes, great way to wind up my missus is to call her an Aussie. Another one to use on Aussies it to suggest that their country is New Zealand's west island.

Users who are viewing this thread