this yank fella on cwr.... (1 Viewer)

nigel bruce

yes he was but,it was the yank guy who was on before i'm referring to.holy shit this aint gonna be as bad as gmk is it ?

Lord_Nampil

Personally Mr Brody says the right things, sadly alot of people will not agree with him but his idea on how the arena should be is spot on! The O2 in London is set up in the right way, if we can get anything near that at our Arena it would be excellent for the whole City! I personally think lets give them a chance, if they fail they fail but what else can we do?

Nick

Administrator
Personally Mr Brody says the right things, sadly alot of people will not agree with him but his idea on how the arena should be is spot on! The O2 in London is set up in the right way, if we can get anything near that at our Arena it would be excellent for the whole City! I personally think lets give them a chance, if they fail they fail but what else can we do?

Yes but did you notice he doesn't seem to care about the football side of it?

It would be great having a good arena here, but I personally prefer to go and watch football than Kylie...

nigel bruce

wasn't happy with the way he avoided answering questions.

Covstu

I just think that regardless of what Brody or Ken say fans will not trust em and understandably so.

ajsccfc

This guy's barely even got here, I think we should at least give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

TheRoyalScam

Can't believe all this 'give them a chance' nonsense. Didn't you hear what RR said - SISU moved the goalposts as soon as they sold Fox and Dann. They're secretive and evasive. The council will never be interested in negotiating with such a shady business, and rightly so. Brody apologized for 'mis-communication' [re: Wed press conference - in particular his criticism of Ray Ranson and the non-existant Fri meeting with the council] - I call it lying.

:blue::blue::blue:

ajsccfc

I didn't say them, I said him. Chances are he'd never even heard of the club when Fox and Dann were sold. He's only just started.

There are a number of new personnel claiming that it's a new era of communication. I think it's right to see what they do from here on in rather than re-lighting the pitchforks before anything actually happens.

Talk is nonsensical, it's action I'm interested in.

cov_russell

Facebook User
Comparing Brody to Ranson is unfair when Ranson was chairman and Brody is a glorified spokesman. I doubt Brody will actually be involved in high level decision making in the way Ranson was.

TheRoyalScam

I didn't say them, I said him. Chances are he'd never even heard of the club when Fox and Dann were sold. He's only just started.

There are a number of new personnel claiming that it's a new era of communication. I think it's right to see what they do from here on in rather than re-lighting the pitchforks before anything actually happens.

Talk is nonsensical, it's action I'm interested in.

So much for a 'new era of communication' - Brody had to apologize for the mis-communication of the new board's first press conference. A quote from Brody:
The fingers can’t be pointed at the investors; the fingers have to be pointed at the people responsible for running it

Read More http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...al-mess-as-2007-92746-28435484/#ixzz1IIZlELFg

Yet he says this wasn't a criticism of Ranson!!!

Certainly I think the 'talk' so far is nonsensical - however the only action I can see is asset-stripping........

:blue::blue::blue:

sw88

Chief Commentator!
yes he was but,it was the yank guy who was on before i'm referring to.holy shit this aint gonna be as bad as gmk is it ?

I was merely making a point!!!

With regards to the "yank" I do think its too early to judge, but do sense we are going to have more of the same of what we fans are used to!

After hearing how pissed off Ranson was, it makes me believe that he has got out while he can!! OK he was pushed, but part of me thinks he is happy to be out of this regime!!

Id like to see him join forces with Hoffman, but he did suggest he wouldnt get too involved for the time being due to "other commitments".

cov_russell

Facebook User
After hearing how pissed off Ranson was, it makes me believe that he has got out while he can!! OK he was pushed, but part of me thinks he is happy to be out of this regime!!

I'd be pissed off if I was a complete failure of a chairman.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Comparing Brody to Ranson is unfair when Ranson was chairman and Brody is a glorified spokesman. I doubt Brody will actually be involved in high level decision making in the way Ranson was.

Do you seriously think Ranson had a say on "high level decisions"?? I didnt get the impression from his interview on CWR today that he did!

Nonleagueherewecome

Brody did not answer any of the questions posed by Eakin. And he used lots of standard evasive techniques, and just bullshitted. 2 years to get in the Prem-before that's a bonus? What, SISU are going to pump 20m a season into the playing side until we go up, are they? I particularly liked the bit where he said "Two points:" and then only made one, which wasn't an answer to the question asked! He is also very aggressive and patronising in the tone he takes. I liked his use of Yank sport terms like "step up to the plate"...sadly Clive was never going to pitch him any curveballs!

cov_russell

Facebook User
Do you seriously think Ranson had a say on "high level decisions"?? I didnt get the impression from his interview on CWR today that he did!

Well to be fair, now that Ranson's left he can say whatever he likes. If he was chairman for 3 years without being in a position to be involved in the big decision making then he's an idiot. He would have been gladly taking a wage when he knew he could offer a whole lot of nothing.

Nonleagueherewecome

The Taxman didn't find any!

bamalamafizzfazz

He seems to be a patronizing prick but did anyone notice that he avoided the dreaded 'brand' word that he has been criticised so much about and at least referred to us as a football club today, at least he's learning.

Nonleagueherewecome

Learning how to lie better? Still, I hope he looks on here, which he probably is savvy enough to do. 'Cos he'd be really pissed off that we call him an American, when he's a Canadian! To that end, time for a sing-song:

"Times have changed
Our kids are getting worse
They won't obey their parents
They just want to fart and curse!
Should we blame the government?
Or blame society?
Or should we blame the images on TV?

No, blame Canada!
Everyone: Blame Canada!
With all their beady little eyes
And flapping heads so full of lies
Blame Canada!

We need to form a full assault
Everyone: It's Canada's fault!
Don't blame me
For my son Stan
He saw the darn cartoon
And now he's off to join the Klan!
And my boy Eric once
Had my picture on his shelf
But now when I see him he tells me to fuck myself!
Well, blame Canada!
Blame Canada!
It seems that everything's gone wrong
Since Canada came along
Blame Canada!
Blame Canada!
They're not even a real country anyway!!!"

Lyrics courtesy of South Park.

Coventry La La La

Learning how to lie better? Still, I hope he looks on here, which he probably is savvy enough to do. 'Cos he'd be really pissed off that we call him an American, when he's a Canadian! To that end, time for a sing-song:

"Times have changed
Our kids are getting worse
They won't obey their parents
They just want to fart and curse!
Should we blame the government?
Or blame society?
Or should we blame the images on TV?

No, blame Canada!
With all their beady little eyes
And flapping heads so full of lies
Blame Canada!

We need to form a full assault
Everyone: It's Canada's fault!
Don't blame me
For my son Stan
He saw the darn cartoon
And now he's off to join the Klan!
And my boy Eric once
Had my picture on his shelf
But now when I see him he tells me to fuck myself!
Well, blame Canada!
Blame Canada!
It seems that everything's gone wrong
Since Canada came along
Blame Canada!
Blame Canada!
They're not even a real country anyway!!!"

Lyrics courtesy of South Park.

Got to love South Park! :laugh::claping hands:

egastap

Thanks to nonleagueherewecome for pointing out that indeed the "yank' is actually a CANADIAN. We Canadians are very protective of the fact that although we share the North American continent with the US.......we are definitely NOT YANKS. Now I can't speak for Mr. Brody as I have never heard of him over here but in my best English accent " He may be a lot of things old chap, but there's summink he aint, that's a Yank. My fellow countryman, Mr. Brody, has not made a very good impression with me or at my old stomping ground in Coventry by the sounds of it.

Hopefully, this new chapter will be different to last few.

PUSB

nigel bruce

Thanks to nonleagueherewecome for pointing out that indeed the "yank' is actually a CANADIAN. We Canadians are very protective of the fact that although we share the North American continent with the US.......we are definitely NOT YANKS. Now I can't speak for Mr. Brody as I have never heard of him over here but in my best English accent " He may be a lot of things old chap, but there's summink he aint, that's a Yank. My fellow countryman, Mr. Brody, has not made a very good impression with me or at my old stomping ground in Coventry by the sounds of it.

Hopefully, this new chapter will be different to last few.

PUSB

yank/canadian tomato/tomato who gives a rats ass . he's a bullshitter the sooner he sods off the better.

Nonleagueherewecome

Thats what the song lyrics I posted above are from Nick! It's been going round my head all week!

Users who are viewing this thread