This team will be better than the 22/23 team (3 Viewers)

David O'Day

Yep, absolutely. Reading just before was shite. Swansea was a poor result and then we got turned over at Sheffield United and against Wrexham.

The point still stands about the position though. We're miles off the play offs.
no not really as we are in a better place form wise than we were last season

In all of december, january and the first half of february we only squeaked a win against west brom with an injury time pen and beat a truly awful huddersfield team

So do comparing 1 single snapshot of a season out of context does not in anyway prove your point

pusbccfc

no not really as we are in a better place form wise than we were last season

In all of december, january and the first half of february we only squeaked a win against west brom with an injury time pen and beat a truly awful huddersfield team

So do comparing 1 single snapshot of a season out of context does not in anyway prove your point

Fair enough. But, my point was, after 22 games we were well ahead and that's because of the outstanding run just before the world cup. Gyokeres and Hamer were the difference between the side now and then. After 22 games we declined. If we continue the improve, we may end up in a better position in early Feb than we were last Feb.

The squad is far stronger now and that's a huge positive especially coming up to Christmas. We had two keepers plus, Howley, Reid and Nee on the bench at Burnley.

clint van damme

Some though (me) maintained we had played alot of good football this season and just simply weren't getting results when we were creating the chances to do so ..

The change to a 4 allowing us the extra midfielder seems to have changed the team ( I didn't think it would ) and we've lost 1 in 6

We had to get our midfielders fit and drop Fadz though before making the change.
I still maintain it wouldn't have worked with Kelly in there and Fadz in a back 4, though I can't prove that.
I don't think we'll see either player start a league game for the club again unless we have a run of injuries. Both been great servants though.

David O'Day

Fair enough. But, my point was, after 22 games we were well ahead and that's because of the outstanding run just before the world cup. Gyokeres and Hamer were the difference between the side now and then. After 22 games we declined. If we continue the improve, we may end up in a better position in early Feb than we were last Feb.

The squad is far stronger now and that's a huge positive especially coming up to Christmas. We had two keepers plus, Howley, Reid and Nee on the bench at Burnley.
after 20 games, by the 22nd game the awful run had started already

We are in a better place than we were 12 months ago

pusbccfc

It properly turned after West Brom. Still managed a draw against Swansea and a win against West Brom who had won 5 in a row. The Reading result was dreadful, despite dominating. After 20 games we had 29 points. We're only on 27 points after 22.

Let's hope you come back at me mid January after we have more points after 28 games.

Evo1883

It properly turned after West Brom. Still managed a draw against Swansea and a win against West Brom who had won 5 in a row. The Reading result was dreadful, despite dominating. After 20 games we had 29 points. We're only on 27 points after 22.

Let's hope you come back at me mid January after we have more points after 28 games.
We were on 30 points after 21 games

Evo1883

We are 6 points worse off than last season at the same stage

We need 12 points from the next 8 games to match last season by 30 games

Happy_Martian

The squad is definitely in a better place than it was last season. Results haven't shown this yet but we've now got solid foundations whereas last season was reliant on 2 key players and 4 major loans. This season, if we can get a decent CM and potentially another ST in January, every position would have been replaced or improved on.

And the key thing is they're all ours ! Not one loan in the squad. That in itself has to be a positive. For the Hamer grievers, this can give us the opportunity of approaching Prem clubs and borrowing their quality players in the next window, especially as we've already shown what we're capable of with this side.

slowpoke

Yep, absolutely. Reading just before was shite. Swansea was a poor result and then we got turned over at Sheffield United and against Wrexham.

The point still stands about the position though. We're miles off the play offs.
No we ain’t, 9 points fuck all.

Last edited:

clint van damme

Just like last year it seems there's a large group of teams chasing the last 2 play off places.
We're in that group but will need to improve to be in the shake up going in to the last 4-6 weeks of the season.

But with a one season exception, improving post Christmas has been a feature of Robins second spell.

David O'Day

managed a draw? We were 3 fucking nil up mate

clueless

David O'Day

'Still managed a draw against Swansea and a win against West Brom who had won 5 in a row.'

I'm talking about both results, not just Swansea.
hardly the right description is it, we were 3 nil up, the correct description is "we fucked up massively against Swansea" not "still managed a draw"

as i said utterly clueless

steve cooper

Just like last year it seems there's a large group of teams chasing the last 2 play off places.
We're in that group but will need to improve to be in the shake up going in to the last 4-6 weeks of the season.

But with a one season exception, improving post Christmas has been a feature of Robins second spell.
The last 2, West Brom and Hull haven't particularly impressed me from what I've seen, and I have my doubts either of them will make the playoffs.

pusbccfc

hardly the right description is it, we were 3 nil up, the correct description is "we fucked up massively against Swansea" not "still managed a draw"

as i said utterly clueless

I'm lost. What are you talking about? You said our poor form started already and now you're talking about performances.

It wasn't a description.

NorthernWisdom

But even still , I doubt tye points we got last season will be enough this year to make the playoffs
Last season was a bit of a freak really.

And even though Robins' sides tend to finish the season strongly, highly unlikely lightning would strike twice for us.

No matter, the key is whether we're building or not, coupled with whether we can get enough optimism in the fanbase that they hand over their cash! I don't see why we can't do that.

David O'Day

I'm lost. What are you talking about? You said our poor form started already and now you're talking about performances.

It wasn't a description.
yes it was mate, you said

"It properly turned after West Brom. Still managed a draw against Swansea and a win against West Brom who had won 5 in a row"

you are implying that the draw against swansea was anything but awful

stop digging

Ian1779

We own them all - apart from Ayari and he can’t get a look in.

It gives us stability and that is a huge positive.

pusbccfc

yes it was mate, you said

"It properly turned after West Brom. Still managed a draw against Swansea and a win against West Brom who had won 5 in a row"

you are implying that the draw against swansea was anything but awful

stop digging

Sorry, I genuinely don't know what you're arguing about. Does the form table include the quality of performances now?

Nuskyblue

After 22 games we were a point of the play offs with a game in hand.
We're not in a bad place now. Admittedly that was better (last season if your stats are correct) but we are within striking distance, we're in a mental league where you have about half the participants in danger of being in a relegation dog fight or a playoff shootout...

I think we'll be threatening the playoffs come season end. We seem to have found our Cov groove of late.

David O'Day

Sorry, I genuinely don't know what you're arguing about. Does the form table include the quality of performances now?
ok time to break out the crayons

The term "managed a draw" indicates a result is a good one so the say we "managed a draw against swansea" is nonsense. The game was a disgrace and part of our awful run that lasted all december and january?

understand or are you just that thick?

I'd stick to pretending you know people at the club and the someone high up at wembley of i was you ;)

skybluecam

Bidwells contract is up isn’t it? If he signs a new deal, and someone offers for Dasilva I could see us moving him on and getting a more traditional LB.

I agree, depends if he wants it or not if he’s spent the season on the bench
Bidwell has another year. Dasilva is also on a four year deal, so I think he'll be around for a while.

Doubt Binks will be happy to sign as a backup.

NorthernWisdom

Bidwells contract is up isn’t it? If he signs a new deal, and someone offers for Dasilva I could see us moving him on and getting a more traditional LB.
I really can't see Bidwell staying particularly, surprised he's still here tbh!

For better or worse, Robins seems to want to upgrade Bidwell all the time, he's never managed to get himself into that inner circle of dependables.

Users who are viewing this thread