This season's Shirt Sponsor (2 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

The club should offer an adults shirt without sponsor for £150+

Im sure if they did people would moan.

They could offer a crop top version of it, cut off above the sponsor.

ajsccfc

The good part is that of all the betting sponsor logos Boylesports is among the least ugly, some Premier League clubs have had absolute stinkers like Palace in particular

letsallsingtogether

Maybe they could get Susan Boyle to do the half time entertainment once we are able to sing again ;)

long way home

I think the moaning is at every club, even those with all the wealth and all the glory, still have some that are not happy. This sponsorship deal sounds like it helps the club run and could help MR bring in a few players, if that is the case and we start winning all this will be a forgotten story.

shepardo01

So, just came out of work where I have zero signal.... what have I missed!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
.....actually just had a flick through twitter..... blimey, bet Boyle sports had wished they hadn't shelled out a few grand to us to have their name on the shirt..... in the SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP!!

Not one moan over the past few years regarding them being a sponsor for the league.

I do understand that some people are/have been negatively affected by gambling. But are you telling me that they don't watch football or haven't realised that we are/have been part of the Sky Bet league for years.

Just waiting for the Telegraph to blame SISU now....

Frostie

I think the moaning is at every club, even those with all the wealth and all the glory, still have some that are not happy. This sponsorship deal sounds like it helps the club run and could help MR bring in a few players, if that is the case and we start winning all this will be a forgotten story.

Yes, Swansea cite fan response as a reason for them moving away from betting firms for the first time in years.

We're not in a position to be choosy, this is the biggest sponsorship deal we've had in years & until betting advertising is banned we need to take the money just to be competitive.

letsallsingtogether

Yes, Swansea cite fan response as a reason for them moving away from betting firms for the first time in years.

We're not in a position to be choosy, this is the biggest sponsorship deal we've had in years & until betting advertising is banned we need to take the money just to be competitive.
Maybe Warick Uni could have sponsored us?

ajsccfc

So, just came out of work where I have zero signal.... what have I missed!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
.....actually just had a flick through twitter..... blimey, bet Boyle sports had wished they hadn't shelled out a few grand to us to have their name on the shirt..... in the SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP!!

Not one moan over the past few years regarding them being a sponsor for the league.

I do understand that some people are/have been negatively affected by gambling. But are you telling me that they don't watch football or haven't realised that we are/have been part of the Sky Bet league for years.

I don't believe anyone is unaware of the league sponsorship, but during that time the Skybet logo has never been mandatory on replica shirts whereas this one will be, which will put some people off. Any loss in sales will be overwhelmed by the increase in sponsorship fee, but it's still unfortunate for those people vehemently against it.

chiefdave

Be interested to know how much the university are paying compared to the amount they've received from betting companies in the last few years before applauding them. The cynic in me thinks they've changed sponsor and then decided to make out it was down to fan response for some cheap PR.

Frostie

Be interested to know how much the university are paying compared to the amount they've received from betting companies in the last few years before applauding them. The cynic in me thinks they've changed sponsor and then decided to make out it was down to fan response for some cheap PR.

Agreed

skybluepm2

I don't know about anyone else but that was painful to watch.

it was wasn’t it? The bloke didn’t have a clue who Godden was referring to throughout the entire interview 🤣 just kept going with the forced smile and fake laugh for over 7 minutes. Nice thought mind you. Let’s hope that there is more interaction with the players throughout the season, before which he will know full well who ‘Fadz’ and ‘Gilo’ are 😀

skybluepm2

Don't care that it's a betting company, a couple of people online with their fake outrage fail to realise the whole EFL pyramid is sponsored by a betting company... Who cares

exactly that. An excuse to be part of a society which allows them to argue a point for arguments sake when in reality has little or no impact in the way they live their lives. Yes I get that certain people have been affected by gambling and are justified in what they’re saying, but I’d say the majority are just jumping on the bandwagon. A & A were quoted at £500k to sponsor the club this season, double what they were paying last season. The club are moving with the direction in which they are heading. Would any other local company be willing to be pay that figure? Jesus, we have next to no revenue as it is and people are being critical for a name on the front of a shirt when it’s assumedly the most lucrative option available.

just because the name is on the front of the shirt, are people going to stop using all other betting formats because of it? Did I use A & A to sell my house, or will I use the scaffolders on any of my sites because they’re on the back of the shorts? Can’t wait to see what sort of backlash the new shirts are going to get when they are released 🥱

Tommo1993

Yeah. Nobody would know what gambling is, or the trouble it can cause if it wasn’t for those pesky shirt sponsors! There’s nowhere near enough TV ads and something related to it everywhere you look on the high street!

WillenhallSkyBlues

I feel for you I really do and I can understand your reluctance to buy a shirt with that on it. But where do you draw the line? Millions if not billions of people around the world gamble responsibly and don't have a Gambling addiction and it can be a fun thing to do.

Would I prefer we didn't have a gambling sponsor, yeh. But is it worth being at a competitive disadvantage? I don't think so.

I know you have clearly had an awful time with it but you're making out that it's a massive evil and anyone who gets tempted to put a bet on is doomed when that's simply not the case.

People struggle with obesity, do we ban fast food and chocolate? I have a friend who has huge financial problems and can't stop spending tens of thousands on credit cards. Do we stop credit card company advertising?

Think a bit OTT

I see your argument but you used an example around obesity where the government are pushing ahead with banning junk food advertisements before 9pm to look after the vulnerable youth.

my problem isn’t with the gambling sponsor making me bet. Im past saving. It’s the young children that will see sponsorship and potentially be drawn into having that first bet and ending up the way myself, and 2million others in the country.

you say it’s slightly over the top but if what I said didn’t have any substance and it was just me having a gripe then why would it be all over the media, why would the House of Lords have done A whole paper on gambling advertising in sport and its effect on vulnerable people.

you might say I am being over the top saying that children won’t see the gambling sponsor and get drawn into betting. But that’s brand loyalty for you. The same brand loyalty that has you sticking up for a company that sponsors your football team. If you can be loyal to that brand as a full grown adult in just hours imagine how an undeveloped adolescent brain can be loyal to that brand in a different way.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Harry H

I never bought a Talbot or Peugeot Car. Never played Granada Bingo. Occasionally see an ice cream on TV and think that looks nice, and I might try one. Couldn't tell you where a Boyle Sports betting shop was - if they exist. Don't see the fuss.

WillenhallSkyBlues

I never bought a Talbot or Peugeot Car. Never played Granada Bingo. Occasionally see an ice cream on TV and think that looks nice. Couldn't tell you where a Boyle Sports betting shop was - if they exist. Don't see the fuss.

Bit of a weird comparison as there aren’t 2million people in the country addicted to buying Peugeot cars. There are three Boyle sport shops in Coventry. One being on the burges next to McDonald’s

Sky Blue Harry H

I never bought a Talbot or Peugeot Car. Never played Granada Bingo. Occasionally see an ice cream on TV and think that looks nice, and I might try one. Couldn't tell you where a Boyle Sports betting shop was - if they exist. Don't see the fuss. Do Arsenal fans fly Emirates more, as a result of sponsorship - I'd doubt it

skyblu3sk

im not too bothered about this to be honest its one of those the vast majority or the football pyramid is sponsored by betting companies. I dont think advertising on a shirt will make people bet in any way shape or form. If you have an addictive personality it will get you from somewhere else or you will seek it out. Personally I generally bet once or twice a year would i pick Boyle sports? Maybe if they had the best odds...

SBT

They're not on replica shirts unless you choose to add them though

If you don't choose to add them then you are denying the club extra funds to sign Liam Walsh and you are probably not a real fan. That's why my custom shirt last season was covered in 30 different SkyBet patches.

ajsccfc

10 spinner keyrings on every key to make up the difference, I've basically covered O'Hare's signing fee and got super jangly along the way

shmmeee

Whole load of people in this thread must be making a mint with their expert knowledge of how useless advertising and and how all these companies across the world are wasting billions.

Hope they invest in the club with this level of business nous.

Tommo1993

12/1 they’re offering on City getting promoted. Jokers. I don’t think football is their game!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I seem to remember Man U fans kicking off about one of their sponsors years ago, even though the deal at the time was the most expensive shirt sponsorship in history.

Users who are viewing this thread