This season's Shirt Sponsor (1 Viewer)

lifeskyblue

Whilst the majority will not bother who the sponsor is as long as the money is coming in there will be a sizeable minority who will not want to wear a shirt advertising a betting company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cov4theprem

Whilst the majority will not bother who the sponsor is as long as the money is coming in there will be a sizeable minority who will not want to wear a shirt advertising a betting company.

With Granada Bingo, people were also betting real money to win real money. I think people with such morals soon drop them if the club has a successful campaign.

SlowerThanPlatt

It’s a backwards step in terms of fan engagement but we need as much money as we can get as we’re right up against it this season, if it enables us to get another player in then it has my backing, I think the club have earnt a bit of leeway

cov4theprem

Incidentally: Derby County is committed to responsible gambling, and unbranded kits are available by emailing [email protected]; and for the second season, junior kits will feature Utilita Energy,

Maybe we will get an unbranded option afterall

ajsccfc

With Granada Bingo, people were also betting real money to win real money. I think people with such morals soon drop them if the club has a successful campaign.

It's a different world now though, someone so inclined can lose thousands on various apps in seconds without even getting out of bed

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Incidentally: Derby County is committed to responsible gambling, and unbranded kits are available by emailing [email protected]; and for the second season, junior kits will feature Utilita Energy,

Maybe we could get ours sponsored by the Italian energy company Powergen Italia

Hadji's_Goatee

Exactly – Get off your ethical and moral horses.

“Oh no, boo boo, there’s gambling sponsor on my shirt, I won’t buy it, even though the design is bad ass and it helps support my club” 😭

David O'Day

If someone decides against wearing something with a betting sponsor and isn't telling everyone else what they should do, they're not on a high horse

I know it's shocking that someone that someone who has a problem with gambling or someone who's religion bans gambling may not want to wear a shirt with the name of an online betting company on it.

Let us hope that city do plan to do sponsorless shirts

And for the record no I will not be buying a shirt with 32Red on it as I am a fully grown adult and not a child

Samo

If someone decides against wearing something with a betting sponsor and isn't telling everyone else what they should do, they're not on a high horse

Yup, just personal choice

bawtryneal

It's nothing to do with ethics. Under EFL rules you cannot have gambling companies on Junior kits.y

Last edited:

jordan210

Going back to the sponsor. Are we not due to keep using the 3rd kit. so I assume this will be updated

kapowaz

Going back to the sponsor. Are we not due to keep using the 3rd kit. so I assume this will be updated

have we kept a third kit for multiple seasons before? Obviously the last example with Nike couldn’t be used, but I’m curious if there’s any track record for this? My gut feeling is they’d just create a new third kit: kit revenue is a massive moneymaker for clubs, that’s why they exist in the first place.

jordan210

have we kept a third kit for multiple seasons before? Obviously the last example with Nike couldn’t be used, but I’m curious if there’s any track record for this? My gut feeling is they’d just create a new third kit: kit revenue is a massive moneymaker for clubs, that’s why they exist in the first place.

for some reason I thought it was being kept for 2 seasons. Hence why they dint discount it. But who knows.

kapowaz

for some reason I thought it was being kept for 2 seasons. Hence why they dint discount it. But who knows.

maybe, but in any case the Allsopp & Allsopp sponsorship is part of the print, so they’d have to do an entirely new run to include a new sponsor, or wear the old sponsor in matches (unlikely, without some form of compensation).

jordan210

maybe, but in any case the Allsopp & Allsopp sponsorship is part of the print, so they’d have to do an entirely new run to include a new sponsor, or wear the old sponsor in matches (unlikely, without some form of compensation).

I would assume it will be only 1 well half a season and then something new.

skybluepm2

I’m fairly sure boddy confirmed somewhere a few weeks back that it wasn’t being worn next season. May have been mentioned by someone on here.

I assume they kept it full price as it continued to sell so well, worldwide.

kapowaz

Also worth bearing in mind the shorts and mini kit were both discounted recently (I bought both).

JimmyHillsbeard

Started off without a sponsor, that season, so replica kits (early ones at least) didn't have the logo.

And the Sponsor logo actually read “Granada Social Clubs” until the final.

The 1987-8 sponsorship of the Hummel kit by Granada Bingo lasted a year. We were sponsor less for the FA Cup humiliation at Sutton.

I’d rather not be sponsored by a betting company but when the entire league is sponsored by one it’s a fairly moot point in my book.

For the record I can do gesture politics and didn’t watch a single City game when Marlon King played, nor did I go to Northampton but I understand those that did. I’ve been to St Andrews and enjoyed it, feels completely different.

kapowaz

I feel like everyone is entitled to make up their own minds about whether a betting sponsor is acceptable to them or not, and to take action (or not). What isn’t on is telling others their opinion is wrong because they don’t think it’s a problem. Talk to somebody who has a gambling addiction. Talk to their family and those it affects. Don’t just dismiss it out of hand because you personally can safely moderate your own gambling (if indeed you bet at all).

Fergusons_Beard

I feel like everyone is entitled to make up their own minds about whether a betting sponsor is acceptable to them or not, and to take action (or not). What isn’t on is telling others their opinion is wrong because they don’t think it’s a problem. Talk to somebody who has a gambling addiction. Talk to their family and those it affects. Don’t just dismiss it out of hand because you personally can safely moderate your own gambling (if indeed you bet at all).

I am not sure anyone is dismissing out of hand that some people are addicted to gambling and it ruins there lives just like you are not dismissing that millions of people have a bet and can moderate it. Same with Alcohol, prescription medication and food-all completely legal but some folks can’t have them in moderation and it has massive impact on their lives.

Without wishing to get into the whole gambling is bad for you debate all most people are saying is that yes preferably we wouldn’t want a gambling site sponsor.

if CCFC got a six figure sponsorship from a gambling site and a five figure offer from a more ‘ethical’ company we just aren’t in a position to turn that down-every penny will count next season and most people are just applying their common sense and not taking any moral high ground.

All of this is personal preference-take last years Alsop & Allsop effort-for what it’s worth I’ve lost more money paying solicitors that I have ever gambled. They’re highway robbers hiding in plain sight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread