This moment (1 Viewer)

Robccfc87

Right now, I have never felt so low as a cov fan. What is happening? So many things to blame, should never have moved from HR? Should never have got rid of Black? Should never have let sisu in the door! But the outstanding one right now for me is: we are away from home with 3 points at 90 mins, how many teams would make a couple of subs to waste time and break up momentum? Surely we would have got something had we have done this??

skybluesam66

sorry but with 3 17 yr olds. an 18 yr old - as steve harrison said after the match - we wont win any games until the kids grow up

Monkeyface

I'm more gutted for the young lads we've got turning out for us. A few of them look to have a bright future in the game, unfortunatly there not gonna get the support they need, as more fans attention turns towards our owners.

Can't rely on someone from the "crazy gang" to think that idea. When AT first took over everyone jumped on the "oh this is quality football" wagon compared to Mr Hoothroyd, look where it's got us , he might have been good as a scout and when he was in the crazy gang but what the fuck is he doing now ? I was at Leicester and Brum and when we were defending a corner I don't remember seeing an attacker on the half way line.

This is bollocks,

We have no real board and no real manager

The manager is cheap and so is the board.

ccfcway

gotta laugh guys..

This season was over before it started....

Chin up, better days are ahead, it just wont be for a year or two !

:wave:

Johnnythespider

I fear it's going to be a long, slow execution. will be there sat but only to pay my last respects and give sisu both barrels.

Peter Griffin

There's a lot going wrong. TBH I don't think Thorn should ever have got the job, he was the cheap option and I think he's probably out of his depth. Still, we'll have to stick with him I guess. Its very hard to see us going in any direction other than down at the moment. The side is the weakest its been in at least five or six years, since Reid was here. Tough to see how things are going to get better as they stand.

Macca

the worst thing is I feel no emotion at all. This would have ruined my night in the past but I just feel nothing.

skybluesam66

what about this for a team

dunn
clarke turner cameron mcpake wood
bell deegan baker
eastwood platt

apart from the keeper, the rest were injured or suspended
baker back saturday but sheff now out

i think the team above would beat our current 11

frishnit1979

Got to agree with Macca above: I'd have been fuming a few ago, now I'm quietly resigned. Thing is, if I feel like this, I'm struggling to believe that the players are going to be all boundless enthusiasm and full of belief. 23rd tonight, how many genuinely believe we'll be able to move up just a couple of places before the season's over?

rob9872

the worst thing is I feel no emotion at all. This would have ruined my night in the past but I just feel nothing.

It's because you've ben sitting on it to feel like its someone else having a go. Get the baby lotion out and report back later

AFCCOVENTRY

I think we all know that we are going to get relegated this season and we expected this result.

SISU have fucked us over.

Johnnythespider

It's because you've ben sitting on it to feel like its someone else having a go. Get the baby lotion out and report back later

Rob you've made me laugh out loud, for that i thank you, and the bottle of glenmorangie i've been drinking for the last hour.

torchomatic

Bit dramatic that, Macca. Are you "dead inside" too?

rob9872

Try the rings instead of chunks

craigus12

looking at the teams in the division, and i can only maybe think of 1 that we could possibly win against (barnsley at home)

Macca

Bit dramatic that, Macca. Are you "dead inside" too?

just surprised that that kind of defeat doesn't inspire the same annoyance anymore. Worse thing was that when they went for a break at 10 on SSN I kind of would have bet my life savings at what was coming next

Last edited:

torchomatic

I know what you mean. I find that I get more entertainment from the texts that are read out after the game...I'm going to kill myself, etc, etc

Macca

the texts are awesome Daz from Canley has texted in "wot da fuk iz goin on, dey is all kuntz, Strackun out m8"

The CableGuy

There's a lot going wrong. TBH I don't think Thorn should ever have got the job, he was the cheap option and I think he's probably out of his depth. Still, we'll have to stick with him I guess. Its very hard to see us going in any direction other than down at the moment. The side is the weakest its been in at least five or six years, since Reid was here. Tough to see how things are going to get better as they stand.

I think Reid was able to bring in some loan players. We were the only team in the league not to have done that last season and I don't currently see that happening this season.

howzer

Banned
Hoothroyd not looking so bad now is he!!!! I got slated and constantly slagged off in the CET forum for saying this would happen for the past 18 months.. negative piece of s--t ... wum... d--k head and a few other names to boot were thrown at me for stating that sisu were going to bleed us dry and we will be going down soon enough. It was obvious this was their plan when they sold fox and Dann, that 10 million for Dann would be all ours now if we had hung on to him. Its only 3 games into the season, 2 weeks left on the transfer window, loans galore after the window closes and there is always the squad size cutting in the prem league... its way too early to say we are going down, but i agree if we dont bring players in in this period we will probably have too much to do by xmas.

Thorn is a scout not a manager, i remember pissing myself at fans last season going on about how hed got us playing football, well now we know dont we, it was Marlon King, Gunnar and one or two others we have let go that had us playing football. And it was Westwood that saved us so many times. with out these players and no repleacements of the same standard coming in of course we will go down. But lets see what happens in the next 2 weeks, yes we will probably loose all of our games in that time, but the loans and transfers will be taking off and i for one do not believe the club will not bring in new players, Harrison tonight had a jibe at the owners ... @ they will have to grow up before they can win@ or words to that effect... the management are crying out for help... Thorn will be sacked in the next 2 weeks, 3 new players maybe 4 will come in, sisu will reject Hoffs offer because the fact is guys it is a bullshit offer and hoff isnt serious, sisu will keep investing in the club until xmas and it is then i think the adminisntration will take place. they are simply hanging in there at the moment in the hope some super rich man comes and buys us! not gunna happen

Disorganised1

Don't agree with much of Howzer's post.

I think Thorn will do a good job with more support and results will improve as the youngsters gain confidence when they win. I don't think we'll get anything other than maybe 1 loan player, and I am absolutely sure that SISU will only take administration if it's forced on them by the tax man.

Otis

Don't see how people can be embarrassed by the team last night.

Bottom line is we had THREE 17 year olds and an 18 year old in our first team 11.

Not blowing my own trumpet here .... well, actually I am :D, but I do recall my saying exactly the situation last night could well arise. Many on here saying if the kids are good enough we should pick pick them and I was saying that you just can't blood kids and expect them to step-up to the plate and there is no substitute for experience. Such a scenario as last night (closing out a game when 1-0 up) was always on the cards and it was always going be very hard for a bunch of inexperience kids, and so it proved.

They are naive, the will make mistakes. It is a learning curve for them. You can't just throw them in and expect them to win games for us at the drop of a hat. It's going to take time and quite a bit of time for sure. i would urge all supporters not to take their frustrations out on the team. The one exception to this of course, where players are not breaking sweat or putting in the required effort, as has been labelled at McSheff and Bell thus far.

Fact is, with 4 players of 18 or less in a Championship side last night was an accident just waiting to happen.

I am not too upset about last night to be honest. Always felt that if Palace got one they would probably get two. My focus is on the fact that we are already flooding the side with kids only 4 games into the season and that really does not bode well. They need to be brought in gently and be given time to both step up and grow up and adjust. They will make mistakes, they will show naivety and there is a chance of burn-out fielding them week after week after week.

As has been banged on about since the start of the season this squad is very thin and not just very thin, but now proved to be suicideally thin!

Unless we bring players in (not holding my breath), it's going to be one long, hard season.

Ohh, and leave off Andy Thorn. He may well or well not have what it takes, but I would defy any manager to come in and build a winning side out of a squad as such as ours. He has a near impossible task, so fans calling for his head is just plain laughable.

Lord_Nampil

Thing is Otis Mcpake was on the bench why didn't he come on to shut up shop?? If he's not fit why's he on the bench? He should have come on last night and didn't, if he's not
Fit fine, but for me he should have come on to shut up
Shop with at least 5 mins to go and he didn't ! Was that the right move??

Otis

I think he may not be fit but had to be on the bench. Who else was there? We don't have enough players in our squad. AT probably had to put him on the bench just to make the numbers up.

Users who are viewing this thread