This league is wide open. (3 Viewers)

Astute

Arguably we have the best.
And we also have a good supply of balls coming into him.

But most of those who complain about having only one good goal scorer are also the first to complain when things go wrong.

Can't see us finishing outside the top 6 this season unless we get hammered with injuries all season. Our away form will improve.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I agree in the sense that these teams aren’t world beaters. My view is still safety. Hit 50 then let’s see. If we’re still in top 6 by January then I’ll dream
You might wait till January but i dream at the start of every season and so far in over 66 years it's happened 5 times but never stopped me dreaming,It would be so nicé to sée bottom league to top twice.I know it's early ln the season but i've seen nothing out there so far that makes me think we could not do it.

Londonccfcfan

Just checked the league 1 season under Mowbray 2015/16.

Identical start to this season. After 11 games. W7, D1, L3

Evo1883

St
Just checked the league 1 season under Mowbray 2015/16.

Identical start to this season. After 11 games. W7, D1, L3

All we have to do is look at the last 10 games or so of last season and the overlap into this season to realise that Mark guardiobins has sussed the league out

shmmeee

Yeah, though this season is the first one under Robins where the first choice 11 is mostly the same as the previous season (in the same league)

Not sure about that. Sheaf was out end of last season, JCS, Maatsen, Moore and Waghorn are new, Györkeres not really himself until the very end. Last season we only had Walker, Sheaf and Hamer new to the first team really. I think it’s a pretty standard level of turnover.

fernandopartridge

Not sure about that. Sheaf was out end of last season, JCS, Maatsen, Moore and Waghorn are new, Györkeres not really himself until the very end. Last season we only had Walker, Sheaf and Hamer new to the first team really. I think it’s a pretty standard level of turnover.

*IN THE SAME LEAGUE* IN BRACKETS

Gint11

You might wait till January but i dream at the start of every season and so far in over 66 years it's happened 5 times but never stopped me dreaming,It would be so nicé to sée bottom league to top twice.I know it's early ln the season but i've seen nothing out there so far that makes me think we could not do it.

You keep dreaming, no harm in it
I’ve supported city for over 30 years and in that time there’s only ever been disappointment in the main so that’s why I wait and see.

not being negative. I’m loving every minute but it’s a long season

CDK

Well actually when he's played at u23 he's scored or assisted so that's not true.

We have already seen him play at league 1. Imo he has the talent to do it in championship. Wether he has attitude is a different question though
Think robins is deliberately keeping bright away from the squad selection to make him realise that when he gives him a start he needs to really want the chance.
Also Allen or Jones could cover for COH.

Londonccfcfan

Bright has done nothing in his career to suggest he can get anywhere near replicating O'Hares work rate which is crucial to how we play, it would have to be Allen.
I actually rate Bright very highly. But I totally agree with you. O'hare all day long ..Bright would just change the complete dynamic and work ethic isnt there.

covcity4life

Bright has done nothing in his career to suggest he can get anywhere near replicating O'Hares work rate which is crucial to how we play, it would have to be Allen.
He is a amc. It would probably be him or Allen who replace o hare if injured

Simple question simple answer

Grendel

He is a amc. It would probably be him or Allen who replace o hare if injured

Simple question simple answer

Doubt it - Jones would be ahead of Bright in the pecking order. Even Tavares was called into the squad ahead of him wasn't he?

thekidfromstrettoncamp

You keep dreaming, no harm in it
I’ve supported city for over 30 years and in that time there’s only ever been disappointment in the main so that’s why I wait and see.

not being negative. I’m loving every minute but it’s a long season
You have seen 2 promotions at least the years we had in the top flight were great but to me the best thing is getting there.I very often sit in singers corner and I watch the young ones grandson included and see how much they are enjoying it long may it continue.

Covkid1968#

We are only 11 games in. Very early yet, but the cream does tend to rise to the top as the season wears on.

No-one to fear yet, but it is still so early into the season and I do think the likes of West Brom and Fulham will begin to show their true worth soon.
Mates a season ticket holder at WBA. They are getting really concerned at the lack of goals. I nearly spat my coffee out when he said a few of them think Godden would be the answer. He says there is nobody to bang in 10 plus and to get promoted you need a couple of those players really.

Sky Blue Pete

Mates a season ticket holder at WBA. They are getting really concerned at the lack of goals. I nearly spat my coffee out when he said a few of them think Godden would be the answer. He says there is nobody to bang in 10 plus and to get promoted you need a couple of those players really.
I’m sure we’d consider a £5m bid in January

Londonccfcfan

I’m sure we’d consider a £5m bid in January

On a serious note . There are teams who would definately be interested in Godden/Walker come January. Those that are struggling for goals in the championship for goals. Or those on a promotion charge in league 1.

It really is going to be be difficult to keep
Walker if he doesn't get much game time. I hope that's not the case.

SIR ERNIE

Best thing about this season is the excitement packed into every 90 mins. Bloody hell this team are so good to watch and you can't help but love and admire everything they're achieving even when the odds are stacked against them.

I just want to see them continuing to play in the same style and whatever comes at the end of the season, comes.

Literally never looked forward to our next game as much as I am this season.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

giphy.gif

Welcome to promotion

Last edited:

Skyblueweeman

On a serious note . There are teams who would definately be interested in Godden/Walker come January. Those that are struggling for goals in the championship for goals. Or those on a promotion charge in league 1.

It really is going to be be difficult to keep
Walker if he doesn't get much game time. I hope that's not the case.

I don't get people (not you) considering letting either of these, particularly Godden, going. Godden is a great striker, knows where the net is, has a great penalty record. Walker showed in glimpses last season that he's a good striker as well.

If god forbid, Gyo was injured, I'd be happy with Walker/Godden coming in. Granted, we don't know how any partnership would work if you throw Waghorn in but for the first time in a very, very, very long time, we have 4 really good strikers vying for the positions up top.

It would be madness to get rid of one of them - they'll all be needed at some point and will all contribute at some point over the season.

shmmeee

I don't get people (not you) considering letting either of these, particularly Godden, going. Godden is a great striker, knows where the net is, has a great penalty record. Walker showed in glimpses last season that he's a good striker as well.

If god forbid, Gyo was injured, I'd be happy with Walker/Godden coming in. Granted, we don't know how any partnership would work if you throw Waghorn in but for the first time in a very, very, very long time, we have 4 really good strikers vying for the positions up top.

It would be madness to get rid of one of them - they'll all be needed at some point and will all contribute at some point over the season.

I think people are saying if we can get another big Györkeres style forward in. Or I am at least. Huge if thiugh.

clint van damme

It's incredible that we've gone from having Baka as 4th choice to Walker.
Also got Cashman and Tavares doing well at their respective levels.

Skyblueweeman

I think people are saying if we can get another big Györkeres style forward in. Or I am at least. Huge if thiugh.

We've struck gold with Gyo. Early days but could be a generational find for us.

Finding another like him would be impossible I'd reckon. I agree with what you're saying but I doubt we'd have the cash to bring someone in, better than Walker/Godden who are both really, really good forwards. Particularly Godden.

shmmeee

We've struck gold with Gyo. Early days but could be a generational find for us.

Finding another like him would be impossible I'd reckon. I agree with what you're saying but I doubt we'd have the cash to bring someone in, better than Walker/Godden who are both really, really good forwards. Particularly Godden.

Yeah I’m inclined to agree. My only “issue” with both and to an extent Waghorn is how much we’d have to alter our style of play without Györkeres. Last season we ended up using Max for the big lump up front when in trouble. Have we progressed beyond that as a team though? Would we no longer see Godden/Walker isolated without a presence up front to help them?

Users who are viewing this thread