This league is wide open. (1 Viewer)

Londonccfcfan

No disrepsect to any of the teams that have come down, but my god they are nothing special at all as they have shown in the first 11 games.

Is there anybody we actually fear? When do we start believing!

Fulham : already lost 3, we wernt even at our best and thrashed them.

West Brom : Seen them a few times and nothing special at all.Stoke should have thrashed them.

Sheffield Utd: Really struggling.

Dark horses for me.
Stoke/Coventry and QPR

D

Deleted member 2477

Still think Bournmouth will run away with this league and 2nd will be either WBA or Fullham. We definately have enough though to make top 6 if we can avoid major injuries and sort out our away form

Londonccfcfan

Still think Bournmouth will run away with this league and 2nd will be either WBA or Fullham. We definately have enough though to make top 6 if we can avoid major injuries and sort out our away form

Bournemouth have been so lucky in most games they have played. Luton should have battered them at theirs last week ( they missed 2 open goals).

I think their manager and fans realise they been very fortunate. Sooner or later the correlation between performances and points catches up.

PVA

Fulham and WBA have squads to run away with it.

West Brom fans are not happy with the new manager just playing hoofball. If they change manager I think they'll win the league. Just hope it's not Robins!

Brighton Sky Blue

The relegated sides and Stoke/QPR have the money to boost their squads in January, we don’t unless a silly offer comes in for Hamer and Gyo. If we are still in the hunt by then that will be the point when our esteemed owners need to stick or twist

Grendel

The relegated sides and Stoke/QPR have the money to boost their squads in January, we don’t unless a silly offer comes in for Hamer and Gyo. If we are still in the hunt by then that will be the point when our esteemed owners need to stick or twist

This is the point - there’s been not huge spend from championship clubs and a lot are stuck with high wages

Normal service will probably resume next season as things settle down.

Teams like us, blackburn and Huddersfield are all higher than you’d expect

You only have to look at Barnsley and Swansea to see fortunes can change

The owners lack of flexibility could cost us. January tends to be a poor window anyway And unlike other years we shouldn’t have to sell as embargo rules don’t relate in this league to turnover against wages

You would hope they’d pump some money in to address weak areas but I won’t be holding my breath

D

Deleted member 2477

Bournemouth have been so lucky in most games they have played. Luton should have battered them at theirs last week ( they missed 2 open goals).

I think their manager and fans realise they been very fortunate. Sooner or later the correlation between performances and points catches up.
Heres hoping. their fans certainly have a very high opinion of themselves

Londonccfcfan

Fulham and WBA have squads to run away with it.

West Brom fans are not happy with the new manager just playing hoofball. If they change manager I think they'll win the league. Just hope it's not Robins!
Big expectations. Big pressure. The managers will be feeling it. Just like the Sheffield manager.

Robin's is under the least amount of pressure.

Even Stoke have spent some money relatively this year.

Londonccfcfan

This is the point - there’s been not huge spend from championship clubs and a lot are stuck with high wages

The owners lack of flexibility could cost us. January tends to be a poor window anyway And unlike other years we shouldn’t have to sell as embargo rules don’t relate in this league to turnover against wages

You would hope they’d pump some money in to address weak areas but I won’t be holding my breath

What are weak areas in your opinion?

slowpoke

They won’t pump any money in, best we can hope is we sell a fringe player or two and are allowed to use some of that money to strengthen, but the bottom has dropped out of the EFL transfer market. There’s little money and it’ll get worse wait till the next lot of annual accounts come out.

D

Deleted member 2477

Big expectations. Big pressure. The managers will be feeling it. Just like the Sheffield manager.

Robin's is under the least amount of pressure.

Even Stoke have spent some money relatively this year.
We dont want any of the top teams looking for a new manager

D

Deleted member 2477

There is a long long way to go. Sheffield United in their promotion season were shite relatively until xmas.
Have to say the biggest surprise this season is the poor performance of Shef Utd. Fully expected them to be one of the top teams

Happy_Martian

Sheffield Uniteds main goal threat is 35 yr old Billy Sharp. At that age, the question will be how well they plan his rest periods as he's not going to be able to do a full season.

Bournemouth have a bigger squad than most of the league so I expect them to be top 3. And they seem to be able to spend money when they need to, even though they dropped down from the Prem with £80 million debt.

WBA have the money though their fans comment regularly that they're skint. They're playing the only way their manager knows, long balls and set pieces. A good half of this league plays the same way so they have a good chance of playoffs.

Fulham.... flattering to deceive. Thought they'd be much stronger than they have been. Big squad, seem to have a transfer fund to be jealous of. Top 6 but I wouldn't expect anything explosive.

Us ? We'll be safe and anything up to 7th place would be amazing. I actually do fear us being promoted as we are so underweight, we'd be easy targets for all the existing Prem teams. This should be another year of consolidation and improvement. If we can keep everyone together, next season should see the push to get promoted.

And this is where I think things will change for the better. Seeing Joy at the game yesterday (Sky fixated on showing Fishy and she was sat next to him), I've never seen her so happy including after the cup win and the playoff final. I hope/think Robins hasn't just changed the fortunes of the team but also changed Joy's opinion of the club.

Gynnsthetonic

Sheffield Uniteds main goal threat is 35 yr old Billy Sharp. At that age, the question will be how well they plan his rest periods as he's not going to be able to do a full season.

Bournemouth have a bigger squad than most of the league so I expect them to be top 3. And they seem to be able to spend money when they need to, even though they dropped down from the Prem with £80 million debt.

WBA have the money though their fans comment regularly that they're skint. They're playing the only way their manager knows, long balls and set pieces. A good half of this league plays the same way so they have a good chance of playoffs.

Fulham.... flattering to deceive. Thought they'd be much stronger than they have been. Big squad, seem to have a transfer fund to be jealous of. Top 6 but I wouldn't expect anything explosive.

Us ? We'll be safe and anything up to 7th place would be amazing. I actually do fear us being promoted as we are so underweight, we'd be easy targets for all the existing Prem teams. This should be another year of consolidation and improvement. If we can keep everyone together, next season should see the push to get promoted.

And this is where I think things will change for the better. Seeing Joy at the game yesterday (Sky fixated on showing Fishy and she was sat next to him), I've never seen her so happy including after the cup win and the playoff final. I hope/think Robins hasn't just changed the fortunes of the team but also changed Joy's opinion of the club.
Never to early to go up, you have to take these opportunities when they come along, it could be our best chance of promotion with the championship apart from the obvious 3 not being so strong!

covcity4life

We need a lwb back up for maatsen really. If he was out long term we be fucked.

Maybe one more CB to be backup alongside rose.

Other than that we seem set. Wouldn't be opposed to selling walker or godden and bringing in another gyok quality striker but that seems unlikely lol

Tommo1993

Meh. There’ll always be a dark horse in the mix when it matters. See Barnsley last season. I hope that’s us this season. Long way to go yet.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I have money on bournmouth for top spot......so they wont win it.

...but you're right....its wide open.....although I've a sneaking suspicion derby wont win it....

Briles

Its all out squad depth come Xmas. Our fitness levels touch wood have been excellent (bar the luton game). The bigger squads tend to pick up points when they lose important first team players. We coped without waghorn and Hamer but I fear we are a viktor injury away from a bit of trouble

shmmeee

We need a lwb back up for maatsen really. If he was out long term we be fucked.

Maybe one more CB to be backup alongside rose.

Other than that we seem set. Wouldn't be opposed to selling walker or godden and bringing in another gyok quality striker but that seems unlikely lol

Who would you play if O’Hare got a long term injury?

Or Moore for that matter.

procdoc

Its all out squad depth come Xmas. Our fitness levels touch wood have been excellent (bar the luton game). The bigger squads tend to pick up points when they lose important first team players. We coped without waghorn and Hamer but I fear we are a viktor injury away from a bit of trouble
There was nothing wrong with our fitness against Luton. We were off the boil and they were on it. It’s as simple as that really

Briles

There was nothing wrong with our fitness against Luton. We were off the boil and they were on it. It’s as simple as that really

I thought we looked a bit leggy but could've just been Luton pressing us hard

Londonccfcfan

You don’t half chat shit. Utterly clueless about the game
That's a bit harsh ..I think he means squad depth cover.

We are never gonna be able to have like fir like 2nd X1. Impossible.

But I do like the idea getting an experienced versatile player in. Who is left sided.

Kanes been versatile but we will find Dabo is more versatile and will likely play LWB vs Blackburn.

Users who are viewing this thread