This Hot Summer (1 Viewer)

CJ_covblaze

Hearing that due to a water shortage Nuneaton Baths have closed lanes 1 & 2 of their pool.

CJ_covblaze

7462ED1E-2C32-49BE-8DDB-F41530F7FAB0.png The centre manager has also nipped down to B&Q and filled his trolley just in case there’s a hosepipe ban

Ashdown

Just done 19 days in Spain on the coast. Very high humidity as the days went by and you really need Aircon at night and the fans on in the day to be comfortable. Its warm here at night alright and we are not really geared up for it with all our soft furnishings and carpets and wall and loft insulation etc. Often our low ceilings trap the heat too. I'm not really complaining though as I hate cold grey weather and like a few on here my joints can give me hell at times in the damp these days but this hot dry stuff is like medicine for me.

Westendlad

Went over to see the Missus’ family who are back in England and living in their caravan on a campsite in Napton.

Sat outside all afternoon and evening having a few beers and a BBQ in the glorious sunshine looking over the beautiful British countryside.

Love it.
Yeah like that its great but working in this heat is a bitch..

bringbackrattles

Went over to see the Missus’ family who are back in England and living in their caravan on a campsite in Napton.

Sat outside all afternoon and evening having a few beers and a BBQ in the glorious sunshine looking over the beautiful British countryside.

Love it.
When my mum and dad first got married they lived in Napton, lovely little place. Haven't been there for years though.

bringbackrattles

Spare a thought though for my sister who works as a nurse in a care home,she looks after dementia patients. She told me the other day that many of those with this horrible illness/disease have the heat full on in their rooms, and she can't turn the heating off or down, as it could cause the patients distress etc.
She said she has been on the verge of fainting and being sick,as the heat is overwhelming. At least with my work I can cool down, my sister has to grin and bear it.

bringbackrattles

That's why I'm stopping in half an hour, early start and early finish. I've drank loads of water and orange juice, and as soon as the water hits the glass it dries instantly, get the squeegee on there quick or you get smears,and unhappy customers !

torchomatic

Marty

Love the sun, girls in their summer clothes, an excuse to have a few drinks, bbq's, absolutely love it, I have 2 fans pointing directly on me at work and I'm still sweating rhough. Can't wait to move abroad and have this for 9+ months of the year.

lordsummerisle

Love the sun, girls in their summer clothes, an excuse to have a few drinks, bbq's, absolutely love it, I have 2 fans pointing directly on me at work and I'm still sweating rhough. Can't wait to move abroad and have this for 9+ months of the year.

Nice to have fans but can be off-putting if they point at you whilst working, you've only got two, imagine how footballers must feel on a match-day.

torchomatic

Luckily I have aircon in my office, but a few fellow workers who don't like to have it on as it is "too cold". Blasting out at the moment though.

Nick

Administrator
Luckily I have aircon in my office, but a few fellow workers who don't like to have it on as it is "too cold". Blasting out at the moment though.

Twats, simple as that.

giphy.gif

Westendlad

Spare a thought though for my sister who works as a nurse in a care home,she looks after dementia patients. She told me the other day that many of those with this horrible illness/disease have the heat full on in their rooms, and she can't turn the heating off or down, as it could cause the patients distress etc.
She said she has been on the verge of fainting and being sick,as the heat is overwhelming. At least with my work I can cool down, my sister has to grin and bear it.
Whatever work we do theirs always someone who's worse off !....Wonder what the worse of all jobs in this heat is....A Chef ??

Sky_Blue_Daz

I’m on nights this week finish Sunday morning for 2 weeks holiday
The night shifts are ok but it’s a nightmare to sleep during the day

Counting down the hours

Sky_Blue_Daz

This is the longest run of hot weather I can recall

Otis

Actually I'm a cook in a dementia home and yep they do keep the heating on and it's damn hot in that kitchen. Still loving the hot weather though kind of got used to it working in hot climates.
A cook in the kitchen of a dementia home?

I bet it's mental in there.

Otis

Yep and that's what's surprising me on here. I have spoke to so many people who have said it's too hot and they want it to cool down quite a few degrees. Shop workers, posties, vets, office workers.

Weird. I would say at least 90% plus of the people I have spoken to have said they don't like it this hot.

My mum and dad, brother, my wife and my daughter and most of her friends, have all said they would prefer it around 22°-23° instead of 27°-30°.

Today none of us are going out and are staying in to avoid the blistering heat.

Already took the dog out at 6, went to Tesco at 7 and am now blocking out all the sun by put shutting the curtains and putting the blinds down.

Oh and the dog hates it too. ;)

bringbackrattles

Yep and that's what's surprising me on here. I have spoke to so many people who have said it's too hot and they want it to cool down quite a few degrees. Shop workers, posties, vets, office workers.

Weird. I would say at least 90% plus of the people I have spoken to have said they don't like it this hot.

My mum and dad, brother, my wife and my daughter and most of her friends, have all said they would prefer it around 22°-23° instead of 27°-30°.

Today none of us are going out and are staying in to avoid the blistering heat.

Already took the dog out at 6, went to Tesco at 7 and am now blocking out all the sun by put shutting the curtains and putting the blinds down.

Oh and the dog hates it too. ;)
People say I bet you love this weather for your job ? When I reply no I prefer it cooler, they look surprised. Ask most outdoor workers and they'll say the same,as youre constantly trying to cool down, constantly drinking water/pop, and getting tired earlier than normal. In colder weather you're flying around !

Captain Dart

Users who are viewing this thread