THIS Gyokeres... (1 Viewer)

Terry_dactyl

I thought he did nothing when came on

He scored some Important goals last year but I'm starting to get frustrated at him being anonymous in games.

I don't hate him and want to fail. I hope he comes good. But I think for that to happen he needs to press more and hold up ball etc
He was only on for 10 minutes. I thought He did some good hold up play looked sharp.
Good that you don’t hate him and want him to fail!

Evo1883

He's on for 35 goals at this rate..

Won't happen but I think 20 is basically nailed on

13 goals in 37 games needed

covcity4life

He was only on for 10 minutes. I thought He did some good hold up play looked sharp.
Good that you don’t hate him and want him to fail!
I know only 10 mins but he has t impressed in any cameos this season

Did look good Vs Barnsley till I jured tho so perhaps needs a start to get going

But can't drop waggy right now. Although rotation will be required

Terry_dactyl

I know only 10 mins but he has t impressed in any cameos this season

Did look good Vs Barnsley till I jured tho so perhaps needs a start to get going

But can't drop waggy right now. Although rotation will be required
I think of all the strikers Walker has most to prove. I would say He’s had some injuries that have curtailed his performances…look at Gyo when he wasn’t fit.
His time with us has felt really stop/start but I reckon he could be really good. Seems to have bulked up quite a bit too. However, he’s not getting in ahead of Gyo or Waghorn at the moment.

skyblu3sk

we're on the same page regarding Allen as well, delighted to be proven wrong.
Starting to have doubts about Walker, he's a decent player but I'm not sure our style suits him.

I remember some of the uproar about JCH going as well when he started banging them in in L1 but watching him last night I'd say the same, he just wouldn't fit in with our style of play.
Walker started to come good with a run of games last season, something he hasn't had this yet so will be interesting when he does due to injury suspensions etc!

Evo1883

He's strong , skillfull , defenders genuinely look shit scared when he's running at them , holds the ball up amazingly well ..

If he gets 20 and we don't go up , he's going to be worth a fortune.. they are gold dust

clint van damme

Walker started to come good with a run of games last season, something he hasn't had this yet so will be interesting when he does due to injury suspensions etc!

It's incredible to think him and Godden are now back up strikers. Was hoping they'd be first choice with Vik and another signing as an upgrade on Max and Baka.

We've improved our strike force far beyond what I imagined we could.
Also got Cashman and Tavares looking like they're progressing well

covcity4life

He's strong , skillfull , defenders genuinely look shit scared when he's running at them , holds the ball up amazingly well ..

If he gets 20 and we don't go up , he's going to be worth a fortune.. they are gold dust
I thought the start of your post was a song lol

covcity4life

It's incredible to think him and Godden are now back up strikers. Was hoping they'd be first choice with Vik and another signing as an upgrade on Max and Baka.

We've improved our strike force far beyond what I imagined we could.
Also got Cashman and Tavares looking like they're progressing well
And bright..

Sky Blue Harry H

If we're going to get big bucks for Vik, it will have to be a sale abroad or a PL club. Championship clubs (unless just relegated, won't be able to pay enough to tempt us) Assuming his form continues we need to hold out for big bucks. The Peterborough chairman would already have a £25m tag placed on him!

The other point is that we should all be enjoying the current state of affairs at the club. Things change over the seasons (as anyone who has supported us - or any other club - for a decent period of time) Heroes come and go (players and managers); upsetting at the time, but then new ones appear. Nobody now crying over McNulty, Following a football club is all about the experiences had, and memories made, as supporters. These past few seasons to the older supporters are a bit of payback for some pretty grim times. If the newcomers think it is like this all the time they are in for a shock at some point! The main thing is that they hopefully get hooked. PUSB !!

shmmeee

I was really glad when we signed him, but I never envisaged this sort of impact.

Yeah I liked him last season and like Walker and Godden thought he has good goal scoring record but maybe needed chances creating for him.

He’s a one man goal machine this year though.

shmmeee

I think of all the strikers Walker has most to prove. I would say He’s had some injuries that have curtailed his performances…look at Gyo when he wasn’t fit.
His time with us has felt really stop/start but I reckon he could be really good. Seems to have bulked up quite a bit too. However, he’s not getting in ahead of Gyo or Waghorn at the moment.

I can’t decide with Walker if bulking up has lost him a yard of pace that was one of his strengths. I’d still rather a chance fell to him than say Waghorn, but he’s not involved enough and not making things happen. As you say he’s not coming on when we’re on top either.

I’d like to see him start with Györkeres for a game and see how he does when we’re creating chances.

Terry_dactyl

I can’t decide with Walker if bulking up has lost him a yard of pace that was one of his strengths. I’d still rather a chance fell to him than say Waghorn, but he’s not involved enough and not making things happen. As you say he’s not coming on when we’re on top either.

I’d like to see him start with Györkeres for a game and see how he does when we’re creating chances.
I’m not sure he could do what Waghorn does so I guess we’d have to change things a bit…but I don’t necessarily mind that. I think it’s good to have a options to vary things. Like having sheaf coming in, in midfield.
I’d always assumed, and I may be wrong , Walker is our sort of natural goal scorer type of striker.

shmmeee

I’m not sure he could do what Waghorn does so I guess we’d have to change things a bit…but I don’t necessarily mind that. I think it’s good to have a options to vary things. Like having sheaf coming in, in midfield.
I’d always assumed, and I may be wrong , Walker is our sort of natural goal scorer type of striker.

Yeah that’s what I mean. It’s a dilemma because Waghorn adds so much to our overall play but doesn’t seem to be on the end of chances and Walker comes on when we aren’t creating so many chances. I think Walker either needs to add to his build up play or Györkeres style start picking the ball up and making his own chances to earn a starting place.

Mucca Mad Boys

There’s a lot more to come from Gyo too! He’s been caused nightmares for defenders yet, if he can improve 1-2 areas of his game, he will be nailed on Premier League striker.

First, his link up play in the final third could be better at times and it has improved in the last couple of games. Second, he’s too right footed and I can’t recall him shooting with his left foot. If he can add these to his game, he’s either dragging us up to the Prem with him or we’re in for a massive pay day!

£10m is a minimum of accept for him.

Terry_dactyl

There’s a lot more to come from Gyo too! He’s been caused nightmares for defenders yet, if he can improve 1-2 areas of his game, he will be nailed on Premier League striker.

First, his link up play in the final third could be better at times and it has improved in the last couple of games. Second, he’s too right footed and I can’t recall him shooting with his left foot. If he can add these to his game, he’s either dragging us up to the Prem with him or we’re in for a massive pay day!

Speaking of which…that Kane effort in the first half! Just cut in on your left! On that evidence alone he is ‘no footed’.
He had a good game.

Brighton Sky Blue

That’s the thing, we’re still improving game by game. The acid test is getting results on the road where these gaps in our game have been more costly

Liquid Gold

So good I'm already worrying about fact he may be sold if we don't get promoted.
If he gutted to lose him, Hamer and O’Hare but I’m also salivating that we bought the three of them in for £2m total and we’d get a hefty sum for all three so what would MR be able to do with that money

procdoc

Gyokeres is on fire and is simply unplayable at the moment. He’s made some of the championships most experienced defenders look like mugs so far. Long may it continue

Grendel

Gyokeres is on fire and is simply unplayable at the moment. He’s made some of the championships most experienced defenders look like mugs so far. Long may it continue

Joint top scorer in the league - safe to say we’d be not in as lofty position without him

procdoc

Joint top scorer in the league - safe to say we’d be not in as lofty position without him
When you have a reliable forward you’ve always got a chance. Sums up Mowbray that he had Armstrong banging them in and they only finished a couple of points ahead of us when our top scorer was in single figures.

If we can get O’Hare firing as well then it could be an exciting season

Gibbo

Reminds me of McGoldrick at his best. In the area an absolute bugger for the defenders to get the ball off, and always likely to get a shot away.

Users who are viewing this thread