THIS Gyokeres... (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

I love him so much.

when it was still 0-0 tonight he was passed the ball somewhere near the halfway line. There were about 5 Posh players near him and no support. He didn't shit it, lose the ball or play it safe. He held one defender off, turned another then headed straight to goal and managed to get a reasonable shot away. Proper centre forward play of the like I haven't seen at city for a long time.

Absolute steal at double the price.

A big unit of a man who's mobile and can dribble and iss scoring goals, he's going to be worth a fortune

The Philosopher

A big unit of a man who's mobile and can dribble and iss scoring goals, he's going to be worth a fortune
An inspired signing. Wasn’t 100% sure of him last year - showed potential but didn’t fully click. We don’t get to see how he performs in training so it was difficult to see the full picture. I’ll say it again, there’s a concern about how we’d do if he gets injured / suspended. On a positive note, it was good to see Walker make a couple of “Gyok” style runs down the channels when he came on so it might be that we are working on that aspect in training with him.

We’ve had some good strikers recently who have great touch and movement and finishing (McNulty, Godden) but it’s the physicality angle that put Gyok on another level for me.

I’ve spent a couple of minutes looking at the Sweden squad (sad, I know). Perhaps only Isak should be ahead of him IMHO out of the latest squads. I might be wrong.

To me, Gyok plays like a German type striker, probably his time with St Pauli the reason for that.

If Gyok starts starting and performing regularly as a full international, keeps banging in the goals at this level, then I fear it’ll be one of the big Bundesliga that come knocking, they seem to have been picking up and developing quite a few young players from U.K. teams of late.

The Philosopher

An inspired signing. Wasn’t 100% sure of him last year - showed potential but didn’t fully click. We don’t get to see how he performs in training so it was difficult to see the full picture. I’ll say it again, there’s a concern about how we’d do if he gets injured / suspended. On a positive note, it was good to see Walker make a couple of “Gyok” style runs down the channels when he came on so it might be that we are working on that aspect in training with him.

We’ve had some good strikers recently who have great touch and movement and finishing (McNulty, Godden) but it’s the physicality angle that put Gyok on another level for me.

I’ve spent a couple of minutes looking at the Sweden squad (sad, I know). Perhaps only Isak should be ahead of him IMHO out of the latest squads. I might be wrong.

To me, Gyok plays like a German type striker, probably his time with St Pauli the reason for that.

If Gyok starts starting and performing regularly as a full international, keeps banging in the goals at this level, then I fear it’ll be one of the big Bundesliga that come knocking, they seem to have been picking up and developing quite a few young players from U.K. teams of late.
Edit: depends if you count Zlatan but he’s just a f-in freak of nature. Would love it if Gyok could spend some time in training camps with Sweden with him.

Greggs

Gyok?

harvey098

Was really uninspired by the signing in the summer - turns out I know fuck all about football! Looks markedly sharper and all the better for it.

Same here. I kind of expected him to be a squad player but he’s been brilliant.

Sick Boy

Peak SkyBluesTalk with conversation of him being our best striker since relegation when only a few weeks ago he was getting absolute pelters for daring to take a penalty. (The person I quote below isn’t alone, gyo gets absolute abuse on the whole thread)
Yeah the vast majority had already written him off based upon last season.

Sick Boy

I was really pleased when we signed him. Showed potential towards the back end of last year that suggested he could be a decent player at this level. Don't think anyone could have predicted just how good he has been.
Agreed, there was enough there at the end of the season to show what he was about.

Terry_dactyl

Was really uninspired by the signing in the summer - turns out I know fuck all about football! Looks markedly sharper and all the better for it.
I was hopeful given his last few performances last season but for the majority of his loan spell I thought he was a cart horse - that mix up between him and biamou when they were both clean through…and that he couldn’t even get in the side for a while. Also, seemingly useless at Swansea, and the Brighton fans reports I read were less than complimentary.
I’m now looking forward to him starring in the world cup next year.

skyblue1991

I can't really remember us having a striker that has his back to goal, turns around to run at the defense and takes the piss out of them with his dribbling

Keep it going at this rate for the rest of the season including goalscoring we will have a £10m+ player at the end of it

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

I don’t think Erling Haaland will be worrying about his place just yet!

Brighton Sky Blue

Peak SkyBluesTalk with conversation of him being our best striker since relegation when only a few weeks ago he was getting absolute pelters for daring to take a penalty. (The person I quote below isn’t alone, gyo gets absolute abuse on the whole thread)

It wasn’t ‘abuse’ was it and for the time since Gyo signed on loan I’ve praised him more often than not. What I’ve said there is that for someone who up to then wasn’t the most clinical and is pretty raw I didn’t think he should have taken a high pressure kick. After all Waghorn was also on the pitch who’s a recognised penalty taker and took a fine one against Wolves just 2 weeks prior.

skyblu3sk

I got a really good feeling from him last year and said as much when we signed him. Direct and physical we have sort of had in some players. Add in able to hit the net and that makes a great player!

skyblu3sk

Then I also said I didn't see Allen improving so don't get them all right 🤣 also I still think walker will play a decent part this season.

Brighton Sky Blue

Then I also said I didn't see Allen improving so don't get them all right 🤣 also I still think walker will play a decent part this season.

They will all need to when suspension and injury sets in. Walker I think will be a bit frustrated at playing a bit part so far but his time will come

clint van damme

we're on the same page regarding Allen as well, delighted to be proven wrong.
Starting to have doubts about Walker, he's a decent player but I'm not sure our style suits him.

I remember some of the uproar about JCH going as well when he started banging them in in L1 but watching him last night I'd say the same, he just wouldn't fit in with our style of play.

covcity4life

I liked his intensity when he came on last night - he’s ahead of Godden for me.
I thought he did nothing when came on

He scored some Important goals last year but I'm starting to get frustrated at him being anonymous in games.

I don't hate him and want to fail. I hope he comes good. But I think for that to happen he needs to press more and hold up ball etc

Brighton Sky Blue

I liked his intensity when he came on last night - he’s ahead of Godden for me.

I sense some frustration in Walker when he comes on, like he has to do something in the 10 or 15 minute cameos he gets at the moment. I really like him as a player but I think for him to start he’ll need to add the physicality to his game to go along with the finishing he already has. A bit like the opposite to what Gyo has had to work on

Users who are viewing this thread