THIS Gyokeres... (1 Viewer)

kg82

I also love that he looks like he’s going to murder the crowd when. He runs over the celebrate. Absolute serial killer eyes.
He also has a beautiful knee slide on him. Lukaku, take note.

Evo1883

There’s a lot more to come from Gyo too! He’s been caused nightmares for defenders yet, if he can improve 1-2 areas of his game, he will be nailed on Premier League striker.

First, his link up play in the final third could be better at times and it has improved in the last couple of games. Second, he’s too right footed and I can’t recall him shooting with his left foot. If he can add these to his game, he’s either dragging us up to the Prem with him or we’re in for a massive pay day!

£10m is a minimum of accept for him.
He flashed one wide which he should arguably have done better with at millwall on his left

TomRad85

£10m is a minimum of accept for him.

West Brom paid £18 million was it, for Karlan Grant! I really hope we're finally in a position to hold out for this kind of money... I guess we'll find out when the next sale of one of our stars goes through, as it hasn't actually happened for a while. Gyo, O'Hare, Hamer probably the most likely to attract interest.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

stevefloyd

Viktor is great at worrying opposition defenders we just need someone who can play with him and cause defenders a headache too, Goddens too slow and don't worry them much but does finish well if its handed to him on a plate, Walker has a lazy looking style about him but can also finish, if only we could get him fired up somehow, Waghorn does a lot of running took his goal well but often doesn't even have an attempt on target, we need more from anyone of them because sooner or later Viks going to have a lean spell and where will the goals come from then?

Sick Boy

Viktor is great at worrying opposition defenders we just need someone who can play with him and cause defenders a headache too, Goddens too slow and don't worry them much but does finish well if its handed to him on a plate, Walker has a lazy looking style about him but can also finish, if only we could get him fired up somehow, Waghorn does a lot of running took his goal well but often doesn't even have an attempt on target, we need more from anyone of them because sooner or later Viks going to have a lean spell and where will the goals come from then?
The ‘lazy’ argument is a load of bollocks, it was the same criticism aimed at Stern John who was of one of our best strikers in the Championship.

Frostie

Waghorn is about far more than just goals too, his link up play is excellent.

shmmeee

Waghorn is about far more than just goals too, his link up play is excellent.

That’s good because he’s not about goals at all. I agree with the sentiment, if Vik stops scoring we have very little goal threat from anywhere else on the pitch.

Frostie

That’s good because he’s not about goals at all. I agree with the sentiment, if Vik stops scoring we have very little goal threat from anywhere else on the pitch.

Yeah, that's fair but then his role is allowing us to get the best from Gyok. I think he can adapt if Gyökeres wasn't playing for example & grab more goals himself but also be a good foil for Walker as well.

If Gyökeres stops scoring it's hopefully because opponents start doubling up/paying him extra attention, hopefully creating more space & opportunities for others. It's not like the others are missing hatfuls of chances if you look at their individual xG.
Sooner or later O'Hare has to improve his finishing though!

slowpoke

Have I read it right that Taveres has been promoted to the first team squad ? He is a different type of striker who seems to know where the back of the net is. I think finding the right partner for Gyokeres is essential

SlowerThanPlatt

Have I read it right that Taveres has been promoted to the first team squad ? He is a different type of striker who seems to know where the back of the net is. I think finding the right partner for Gyokeres is essential
Not quite promoted, by default

shmmeee

Its more O’Hare and Hamers lack of goals (or in Hamers case attempts even) that worries me. Especially as the wingbacks don’t contribute at all and we get nothing from set pieces.

Sick Boy

Waghorn is the right partner for him and has been signed with his current role in mind.

stevefloyd

The ‘lazy’ argument is a load of bollocks, it was the same criticism aimed at Stern John who was of one of our best strikers in the Championship.
I never actually said he was lazy I did say lazy looking style about him !!! Thats an observation not a crticism !!

slowpoke

Its more O’Hare and Hamers lack of goals (or in Hamers case attempts even) that worries me. Especially as the wingbacks don’t contribute at all and we get nothing from set pieces.
Have to agree on set pieces, we’ve had a number of free kicks 20 yards or so out and I can’t remember hitting the target.

shmmeee

Have to agree on set pieces, we’ve had a number of free kicks 20 yards or so out and I can’t remember hitting the target.

I think direct FKs are always a crapshoot, very few are scored direct. But we have decent delivery generally into the box and never get anyone on the end of them. All theee of our CBs should be more dangerous in the box.

stevefloyd

I think direct FKs are always a crapshoot, very few are scored direct. But we have decent delivery generally into the box and never get anyone on the end of them. All theee of our CBs should be more dangerous in the box.
They can be dangerous in our box sometimes ;)

Users who are viewing this thread