This Forum can decide the next City Manager... (2 Viewers)

Grendel

I say appoint him and then we can see you're theory evolve regarding Sisu's demise ,the baffoon has gone ,there is now no shield ,which suggests Shaw will get the Job due to his popularity among us.

Did I really say that? Must have been a rare moment of hyperbole on my part. ;)

Grendel

Not so rare ,it was almost a mantra,so i'll have to let it lie ,that it was probably an untruth.:thinking about:

Harsh and also not strictly relevant anymore. The rules of the game have clearly changed. We are thinking a bit like a football club again.

I suspect waggot and fisher are on a bonus to get the club promoted. Last season was very different and thorn and deuileu followed by fisher were just going through the motions.

If waggot and fisher started last season together with the same mission statement thorn would have gone in october. Instead they all went through the charade the whole season.

If we go external it will show the rules have changed. Of we dont then I remain sceptical. One thing is for sure we need promotion this season or it's game over for us all.

wingy

Harsh and also not strictly relevant anymore. The rules of the game have clearly changed. We are thinking a bit like a football club again.

I suspect waggot and fisher are on a bonus to get the club promoted. Last season was very different and thorn and deuileu followed by fisher were just going through the motions.

If waggot and fisher started last season together with the same mission statement thorn would have gone in october. Instead they all went through the charade the whole season.

If we go external it will show the rules have changed. Of we dont then I remain sceptical. One thing is for sure we need promotion this season or it's game over for us all.

Meant tongue in cheek KD ,but I buy into the charade ,thought it was a strategic decision to drop a division ,cut all costs ,pressure ACL/Council into talks:)

Grendel

Meant tongue in cheek KD ,but I buy into the charade ,thought it was a strategic decision to drop a division ,cut all costs ,pressure ACL/Council into talks:)

I do think it's promotion or busy now I really do and that's why he's gone.

Astute

Redknapp could afford to buy the club!

That is the idea.

Share in the club. If he wanted any players to join in a revolution to pay for them. As in put your money where your mouth is. Would certainly put bums on seats. We would then make a profit.

Odds well against, but would make sense. I would buy a season ticket. Could make less than half of the games, but they would finally have my full backing

Ccfcisparks

That is the idea.

Share in the club. If he wanted any players to join in a revolution to pay for them. As in put your money where your mouth is. Would certainly put bums on seats. We would then make a profit.

Odds well against, but would make sense. I would buy a season ticket. Could make less than half of the games, but they would finally have my full backing

Then after 1 season he would leave us totally bankrupt and we would get liquidated!

katzenjammer

I can't believe so many people have voted for Dennis Wise. He was good value as a player here for 6 months but he's a terrible, terrible manager without Gus Poyet.

Newcastle were shite when he was there and look at them now he's left. Awful choice.

Saying that I will support whoever gets the job.

@richh87

We need to get behind wise and put it to the club!

Exactly!

The Cov Telegraph are telling the world that Billy Davies is the overwhelming fans' favourite!

No way do I want Billy Davies - he spends millions and falls out with boards!

@richh87

I can't believe so many people have voted for Dennis Wise. He was good value as a player here for 6 months but he's a terrible, terrible manager without Gus Poyet.

Newcastle were shite when he was there and look at them now he's left. Awful choice.

Saying that I will support whoever gets the job.

Terrible enough without Poyet to get Millwall to an FA Cup final?

Also he had a behind the scenes role at Newcastle - he had nothing to do with their poor spell.

chem90

We currently have a good group of players and IMO we could get promoted this year given that the correct appointment is made. However, with the wage bill being seemingly high and no rent being paid, more financial cuts are evidently on the horizon. As a result, these players will undoubtedly be sold on next summer. Therefore, no chances should be taken with this appointment, we NEED to go back up for the £££ in order to keep hold of a squad and do it at the first time of asking otherwise I fear for our future being stuck in this league. So, Dennis Wise cannot be an option, he is a good gamble for a club with ambition and time on their side, as with Sean Dyche. My suggestion would be Steve Coppell if he can be tempted away from Crawley (a sad state of affairs if we even struggled). He has a bit of history for transforming the fortunes of clubs (on the pitch) and has experience in these dodgy lower leagues. I know this will be given to Shaw and/or Carsley so all opinions on this thread are irrelevant including my own :( SISUs short-term vision for this club is going to cost them, and subsequently us, a considerable amount of time and money especially with the "make do" approach with management. As "business people" I just do not understand why they want an incapable manager to lead a team perfectly capable of promotion.

@richh87

We currently have a good group of players and IMO we could get promoted this year given that the correct appointment is made. However, with the wage bill being seemingly high and no rent being paid, more financial cuts are evidently on the horizon. As a result, these players will undoubtedly be sold on next summer. Therefore, no chances should be taken with this appointment, we NEED to go back up for the £££ in order to keep hold of a squad and do it at the first time of asking otherwise I fear for our future being stuck in this league. So, Dennis Wise cannot be an option, he is a good gamble for a club with ambition and time on their side, as with Sean Dyche. My suggestion would be Steve Coppell if he can be tempted away from Crawley (a sad state of affairs if we even struggled). He has a bit of history for transforming the fortunes of clubs (on the pitch) and has experience in these dodgy lower leagues. I know this will be given to Shaw and/or Carsley so all opinions on this thread are irrelevant including my own :( SISUs short-term vision for this club is going to cost them, and subsequently us, a considerable amount of time and money especially with the "make do" approach with management. As "business people" I just do not understand why they want an incapable manager to lead a team perfectly capable of promotion.

Many (reputable) posters today are saying that SISU have secured 50% of the Ricoh for £11mil. It's not like SISU to back signings - even on free transfers. Maybe, just maybe this will see SISU taking things seriously. In that case - an ambitious Manager would be great.

Yorkshire SB

Terrible enough without Poyet to get Millwall to an FA Cup final?

Also he had a behind the scenes role at Newcastle - he had nothing to do with their poor spell.

Coleman did a good job at Fulham, Boothroyd did a better job at Watford than Wise did with Millwall. Can't draw assumptions from his spell at Millwall, Poyet was the man at Leeds, when he left for Spurs they fell apart. I'd be gutted if Wise got the job.

@richh87

Coleman did a good job at Fulham, Boothroyd did a better job at Watford than Wise did with Millwall. Can't draw assumptions from his spell at Millwall, Poyet was the man at Leeds, when he left for Spurs they fell apart. I'd be gutted if Wise got the job.

You could say that Wise did a better job at Leeds than Brian Clough. Things aren't that simple.

Wise ticks all the boxes for me. More so than any Manager anyone else has named.

Grendel

Your analysis on Wise is not correct.

His record at Milwall was healthy enough - 41%

His Swindon escapade was only 17 games with 53% record.

His Leeds record was 47% and he was hampered by a big points reduction in League 1. Poyet left the club late October. They topped the table in December and then in January Wise left for Newcastle.

Yorkshire SB

You could say that Wise did a better job at Leeds than Brian Clough. Things aren't that simple.

Wise ticks all the boxes for me. More so than any Manager anyone else has named.

Yeah you could say that, but you could also say that when Clough took over at Leeds they were English Champions, not in League 1.

Grendel

Yeah you could say that, but you could also say that when Clough took over at Leeds they were English Champions, not in League 1.

Wise did a good job in league 1 - the league we are in.

@richh87

His Leeds record was 47% and he was hampered by a big points reduction in League 1. Poyet left the club late October. They topped the table in December and then in January Wise left for Newcastle.

Spot on Grendel. I hadn't looked at the stats. I want him as City Manager even more now!

Yorkshire SB

Yeah they are impressive statistics. However I feel at Leeds this was largely due to Poyet, this is certainly the general consensus amongst Leeds fans, and you'll be surprised to hear that I might be correct.
You say Poyet left Leeds in late October..and until then Leeds had won every game bar two games, in which they drew. Very Impressive.
However the results for November were; 2 wins, 1 Draw and 4 Defeats, not quite so impressive
Furthermore Wise at Leeds without Poyet won only 7/19 games, so a 36% win ratio.
Whereas with Poyet they won 13/15 games, so an 87% win ratio.

Furthermore what boothroyd achieved achieved at Watford eclipses anything Wise has achieved in his managerial career, so I don't think what I said anything that was too far off the mark.

Grendel

Spot on Grendel. I hadn't looked at the stats. I want him as City Manager even more now!

I suggested before the end of last season a combination of wise and shaw may be the way forward.

thechase

Yeah they are impressive statistics. However I feel at Leeds this was largely due to Poyet, this is certainly the general consensus amongst Leeds fans, and you'll be surprised to hear that I might be correct.
You say Poyet left Leeds in late October..and until then Leeds had won every game bar two games, in which they drew. Very Impressive.
However the results for November were; 2 wins, 1 Draw and 4 Defeats, not quite so impressive
Furthermore Wise at Leeds without Poyet won only 7/19 games, so a 36% win ratio.
Whereas with Poyet they won 13/15 games, so an 87% win ratio.

Furthermore what boothroyd achieved achieved at Watford eclipses anything Wise has achieved in his managerial career, so I don't think what I said anything that was too far off the mark.

Ok so thats Leeds sorted are you just ignoring the other teams stats or scared they will prove you are massaging your argument as your clearly wrong?

intercity

If it were to be Billy Davies, it'd have to be written into his contract that he could not bleat about having no money to spend as he must surely be aware that we are skint.

i recall some disagreement when davies was at forest between him and higher management about him commuting back and forth a few times a week to scotland as he was still based there,did this have a bearing on him leaving forest?and would it it be a problem in future?

Users who are viewing this thread