This Forum can decide the next City Manager... (1 Viewer)

@richh87

...This Forum now has so many members that we can really affect the Club's thinking when choosing a new Manager. Just viewing a thread last night I noticed that there were just over 500 people viewing it.

If we can all come to an agreement on a Manager then the board are likely to go with it - as we are the largest collective of City fans there is. Once we've decided all it needs is for us to share our view on phone-ins and message boards (which we all do anyway).

This is much better than sitting back and letting the SISU idiots decide.

With this in mind - and having viewed the poll, it seems that there's only one obvious choice; DENNIS WISE.

- He has managed at this level and higher with success (even without Poyet he got Millwall to an FA Cup Final)

- He is a born winner at the highest levels in Europe and Internationally - and won't take any crap

- He knows League 1 - this is a key factor

- He's loved by City fans for his last stint at the club

- He likes to play proper football; which the squad he's been left with are capable of

- He will add a 'nasty' approach to our namby-pamby players

- He has a big point to prove after the way Newcastle treated him

- He is a big name that could attract good players (on loan for now)

- He was the last thing to really excite the fans and could do it again - boosting attendances

He really is the obvious choice - but I fear that without our influence SISU may go down another, crapper, cheap route.

As I said, the poll on this forum backs this up.

He is the man for the job - so let's move on this.

Play Up Sky Blues :claping hands:

Ccfcisparks

Lots of people want lots of different managers, not everyone is going to agree with Wise. You will not get more than 200 people on here who would want Wise

sky_blue_up_north

He had one season with us, never did anything without Pouyet, not experinced, not the right man IMO, it has to be Billy Davis, been there done it get the tee shirt etc

Grendel

...This Forum now has so many members that we can really affect the Club's thinking when choosing a new Manager. Just viewing a thread last night I noticed that there were just over 500 people viewing it.

If we can all come to an agreement on a Manager then the board are likely to go with it - as we are the largest collective of City fans there is. Once we've decided all it needs is for us to share our view on phone-ins and message boards (which we all do anyway).

This is much better than sitting back and letting the SISU idiots decide.

With this in mind - and having viewed the poll, it seems that there's only one obvious choice; DENNIS WISE.

- He has managed at this level and higher with success (even without Poyet he got Millwall to an FA Cup Final)

- He is a born winner at the highest levels in Europe and Internationally - and won't take any crap

- He knows League 1 - this is a key factor

- He's loved by City fans for his last stint at the club

- He likes to play proper football; which the squad he's been left with are capable of

- He will add a 'nasty' approach to our namby-pamby players

- He has a big point to prove after the way Newcastle treated him

- He is a big name that could attract good players (on loan for now)

- He was the last thing to really excite the fans and could do it again - boosting attendances

He really is the obvious choice - but I fear that without our influence SISU may go down another, crapper, cheap route.

As I said, the poll on this forum backs this up.

He is the man for the job - so let's move on this.

Play Up Sky Blues :claping hands:

I didn't vote for him but he does have a very good record as a manager which people forget. Could do a lot worse.

@richh87

He had one season with us, never did anything without Pouyet, not experinced, not the right man IMO, it has to be Billy Davis, been there done it get the tee shirt etc

Davies always spends millions and moans at the board - and STILL didn't get Forest promoted.

@richh87

I didn't vote for him but he does have a very good record as a manager which people forget. Could do a lot worse.

I agree.

I just feel that he is the best choice - and a safe one. If the forum could come up with a favoured appointment then I think we can sway it.

Sutty

Billy Davies spent millions in one season at Forest and then moaned when the board wouldn't buy him a left back. Don't particularly like the bloke and can't see him wanting to work under the financial restraints here.

Paul Tisdale or Greg Abbott for me.

@richh87

Lots of people want lots of different managers, not everyone is going to agree with Wise. You will not get more than 200 people on here who would want Wise

Wise is the favourite and ticks far more boxes than any of the others.

I'm not saying everyone will have him as their favourite - just that if we can all agree he'd be a good one then we can have an influence.

To make a difference, we as a forum, need to choose one man. If we all sit here speculating we won't have an effect.

sky_blue_up_north

Davies always spends millions and moans at the board - and STILL didn't get Forest promoted.

What about his work at Derby and PNE, good record there. Personalty clash at Forest

@richh87

Wasn't Thorn the "fans choice"? And Adams?

Don't care who decides the next manager, as long as it's not Ranson.

Well every City Manager in history got chosen by someone - and by and large they've failed.

The upside to being the fans choice is that it helps the club financially as people get behind it.

In this case Wise also has the credentials to back it up.

hamil99

Facebook User
Wise ain't a wise move. Remember hearing he was a rite hot head, who ppl end up hating the longer they were around him. Really don't think he has the rite personality to get the best out of the players.

Grendel

What about his work at Derby and PNE, good record there. Personalty clash at Forest

Billy Davies spends money wherever he goes and then falls out with the board whenever it goes wrong. He and sisu are the most unlikely bedfellows of all time. Never going to happen.

speedie87

Wasn't Thorn the "fans choice"? And Adams?

Don't care who decides the next manager, as long as it's not Ranson.

Exactly most fans don't know much other teams and managers most the people who sit near me struggle with just our players.

For example people were raving about lee Clark because Huddersfield were unbeaten for ages but when you look into it he was spending a fortune and they should have been top!

hamil99

Facebook User
Billy Davies spends money wherever he goes and then falls out with the board whenever it goes wrong. He and sisu are the most unlikely bedfellows of all time. Never going to happen.

That's wat I think about Wise, I just can't see him getting on with the board..

wingy

I say appoint him and then we can see you're theory evolve regarding Sisu's demise ,the baffoon has gone ,there is now no shield ,which suggests Shaw will get the Job due to his popularity among us.

Otis

We have no idea how much the board will have budgeted for a new manager so just because we agree on a name on here that doesn't mean the board would even begin to listen.

Maybe we should all agree on Redknapp.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

I'd be happy with Wise i have to say.

Shaw is 8-1 if he stays for 10 games they pay out given sisu's preference for spending nothing on appointments that might be worth a tenner. Megson fav at 4-1 !

@richh87

We have to get promoted this season - this is the big one. Fail and SISU will slash the budget accordingly.

We cannot piss about with a cheap option like Richard Shaw who has no experience.

If anyone can come up with more reasons than I have for their choice then go for it - but I very much doubt it and the poll backs me up.

Wise is the best choice - there's nothing to suggest he'd be expensive and I think he'd love the opportunity to return to a bunch of fans who hero worshipped him.

hamil99

Facebook User
But he hasn't spent money everywhere he's gone - so why would you think that?

Not the money point. Just the point that I don't see Wise getting on with sisu. Can u imagine hot head Wise putting up with sisu's bullshit! If he does get the job I'd bet he wouldn't still be here at the end of the season.

@richh87

Not the money point. Just the point that I don't see Wise getting on with sisu. Can u imagine hot head Wise putting up with sisu's bullshit! If he does get the job I'd bet he wouldn't still be here at the end of the season.

So you want another puppet?

Winners don't take sh1t. I want to win.

The CableGuy

This Forum can decide the next City Manager...

18 months later...

"What a clown the last manager was. Deserved to be sacked! We never wanted him anyway, what twats choose him anyway!!? ........oh."

;):D

Sick Boy

We have to get promoted this season - this is the big one. Fail and SISU will slash the budget accordingly.

We cannot piss about with a cheap option like Richard Shaw who has no experience.

You have certainly changed your tune! ;)

hamil99

Facebook User
So you want another puppet?

Winners don't take sh1t. I want to win.

I do see ur point but I just think his mentality would be more damaging then productive. I think the players wud get sick of him blowing his top all the time because he's pissed of wiv sisu..

I just think he's to volatile for this situation..

Mucca Mad Boys

I think the next manager needs to be one who can work on a 'shoe-string' budget...

Tisdale or Abbott co'mon down... ;)

@richh87

18 months later...

"What a clown the last manager was. Deserved to be sacked! We never wanted him anyway, what twats choose him anyway!!? ........oh."

;):D

Rather we chose than let SISU. These are the guys who thought it'd be a good idea to sell all our best players and field kids in the Championship.

Users who are viewing this thread