This club has a losing mentality... (1 Viewer)

oakey

The fans also have a losing mentality. Look for problems and talk it down and you demoralise weaker brethren and they give up supporting.
If we are relegated we should talk up the chances of promotion next year, get 15k in the Ricoh every match and see something build. It is all we can do as fans. The finances we have no control over but we can keep the fan base strong with positivity.
PUSB

Last edited:

coundonskyblue

However we will be paying £1.2m rent, and don't get any income from food or car parks, or don't have the ability to make income from the stadium e.g, hire of space for meetings, functions, etc, the training ground is mortgaged as is next seasons season ticket sales, we have a wage bill of around £5-5.5m yet we can't break even. We'll lose £3-4m in premier league payments, tv rights, sponsorships, etc. and that's before the reduction in crowds, etc.

Next season in league one is gonna be a very very hard slog and a struggle.

Well the current L1 average attendence is 7227, take out Charlton and the 2 Sheffield clubs and it drops to 5634. We can say that at £15 a ticket we need to sell 80,000 a year to cover the rent, which works out at about 3500 per game. So if we were to be getting crowds of around 9000 next year we will be on an level basis with most of the other teams in that division. I can't see us getting less than 10k really so eventually (not next season) we should bounce back. However I do stress that I think this is only if we're run properly, i.e. without Sisu.

The fans also have a losing mentality. Look for problems and talk it down and you demoralise weaker brethren and they give up supporting.
If we are relegated we should talk up the chances of promotion next year, get 15k in the Ricoh every match and see something build. It is all we can do as fans. The finances wenhave no control over but we can keep the fan base strong with positivity.
PUSB

Your first paragraph nails it for me as well.

sylus

If we are relegated we should talk up the chances of promotion next year, get 15k in the Ricoh every match and see something build. It is all we can do as fans. The finances we have no control over but we can keep the fan base strong with positivity.
PUSB

..lets get 15k up the ricoh every match and see something build..in league one nxt season.:laugh:.. what ever you are on...i'll have some.

Users who are viewing this thread