Things that don't happen nowadays (1 Viewer)

Sbarcher

Getting a steak pie and finding out most of it was gristle.

Sbarcher

Wasn’t there also a chap going around the pitch selling nuts?

Hobo

Fullbacks carrying out a horrifying first-minute assault with a bone-crunching flying tackle that almost dumps the opposition winger into the crowd, and nobody batting an eyelid because it's the normal way to start every game.
League Cup Semi 2nd leg at West Ham. Ray Stewart on Peter Bodak, who had destroyed them 2nd half first leg. After that tackle Bodak looked like he didn't want to be on the pitch let alone have the ball.

Sbarcher

Was it the sky blue belles?

Edit: google suggest it was the sky blue crew girls.
Have in my mind that the SB Belles were quite young ones and replaced by the much more nubile Crew, maybe my memory,s not so good now.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Stadium announcer telling someone to contact the nearest Steward as their wife has gone in to labour.

Jimmy Hill telling the Stadium 🏟️ announcer, " put that fucking score on the scoreboard."

worc0257

Fullbacks carrying out a horrifying first-minute assault with a bone-crunching flying tackle that almost dumps the opposition winger into the crowd, and nobody batting an eyelid because it's the normal way to start every game.
Stuart Pearce did that to Kevin Gallagher in the first minute of the League Cup semi-final. I think he did get booked.

Dogs/foxes on the pitch.

Straining to hear the results on the transistor radio of the guy next to you walking home after the game.

Cigar smoke, yeah.

Wooden seats.

Finishing at ten-to-five.

Refs all in black.

Occasionally making the other lot change ends if you win the toss.

Calista

Just remembered the Golden Goal (?) tickets you could buy. Tear the perforated ticket open to reveal a time (e.g. 38 mins 14 seconds), and the closest ticket to the time of the first goal was the winner. I bet it was about ten quid, which would keep you in beer for a month in those days.

Finham

We had a squirrel on the pitch not that long ago because everyone made the "Squirrel Regis!" joke.

Users who are viewing this thread