Things that annoy you (32 Viewers)

NorthernWisdom

97ff662f-bf38-4cb6-8232-8606b12b4964.jpeg

OffenhamSkyBlue

Nope - hot cross buns are a sweet bun not savoury. Why do they think there would be a market for these? Just chip the f*cking cross off and call them cheesy buns

OffenhamSkyBlue

Brace yourself m8...
Calling something as archaic as "a brace" is not so bad, although still a minor irritation!

Oh the other one that is bugging me at the moment is the smug twat woman who reads the sports news on 5Live Breakfast and refers to a heavy defeat as a "quiching", to the great delight and guffawing by the estuarine eejit reading the script for the programme, and destroying the English language into the bargain.

• Haha
Reactions: vow

Marty

The price of flights has gone through the roof. Used to be able to fly from Birmingham to Faro for £60 return, now I can't find anything for cheaper than £270.

Mcbean

The price of flights has gone through the roof. Used to be able to fly from Birmingham to Faro for £60 return, now I can't find anything for cheaper than £270.
The only cheap flights are at silly o clock - wife gut a flight to Venice for £40 leaving at 6 am

Marty

The only cheap flights are at silly o clock - wife gut a flight to Venice for £40 leaving at 6 am

Those are the flights we like, I'm up for work before 6AM, so it doesn't make much difference to me going early and you get a whole day at your destination.

ovduk78

BT WiFi & all things needed to watch TV. Yet again last night when I was watching Lazio v Bayern as Immobile took the penalty it lost the connection & came back as Lazio were celebrating. I can't wait until August when I can finally get rid of this overpriced shower of shit!

Sbarcher

Just back from Alicante - 3 adults and 1 teenager from Stansted, day flights for £123 total!

Mcbean

BT WiFi & all things needed to watch TV. Yet again last night when I was watching Lazio v Bayern as Immobile took the penalty it lost the connection & came back as Lazio were celebrating. I can't wait until August when I can finally get rid of this overpriced shower of shit!
Problem is when you go away from BT ( open reach) they control the infrastructure so any company - Sky etc have to go to them to get advice on any issue so you are working through 2 sets of people and two sets of delay

NorthernWisdom

Problem is when you go away from BT ( open reach) they control the infrastructure so any company - Sky etc have to go to them to get advice on any issue so you are working through 2 sets of people and two sets of delay
I'd have agreed with you until months later and still no wifi connection, BT were telling me Openreach were a separate company if owned by the same people, so they couldn't co-ordinate together as I expected!

Mcbean

I'd have agreed with you until months later and still no wifi connection, BT were telling me Openreach were a separate company if owned by the same people, so they couldn't co-ordinate together as I expected!
Sadly yes - when were on plus net - every issue had to go to open reach first - some places have more difficulties than others depending on the connections - our road has one post all the houses are connected to one post - one down all down

skybluegod

I have probably said it before on here. But middle lane fucking drivers. Drove to Birmingham airport this morning from Rugby, so 30 minutes on the M6 at 3AM... At least 40-50 vehicles doing it.

Honestly can't wait for the day they create technology that can catch it. £100 lane for being 1 lane more over than you should and £200 for being two lanes over would sort it. Country would be out of debt within days with a fully funded public sector.

Sick Boy

I have probably said it before on here. But middle lane fucking drivers. Drove to Birmingham airport this morning from Rugby, so 30 minutes on the M6 at 3AM... At least 40-50 vehicles doing it.

Honestly can't wait for the day they create technology that can catch it. £100 lane for being 1 lane more over than you should and £200 for being two lanes over would sort it. Country would be out of debt within days with a fully funded public sector.
it's infuriating, especially when they're sat there doing 60mph - it essentially reduces the motorway down to 2 lanes and makes them dangerous. I'd make it £250 fine with a motorway ban for 12 months if caught more than twice - to be fair though, if they don't understand the complex concept of keep left, they probably shouldn't be driving.

Last edited:

Blind-Faith

Driving in general these days is fucking atrocious , people regardless of time of day, traffic, weather and conditions of the road just drive everywhere 10mph below the speed limit, absolute fucking cunts. Get off the road if you can’t drive your vehicle at the speed limit. Utter wankers.

chiefdave

Driving in general these days is fucking atrocious , people regardless of time of day, traffic, weather and conditions of the road just drive everywhere 10mph below the speed limit, absolute fucking cunts. Get off the road if you can’t drive your vehicle at the speed limit. Utter wankers.
I live near two schools and parents don't seem to think the rules of the road apply to them if they're dropping kids off. Amazed there's been no serious injuries or even a death the way they behave

NorthernWisdom

tbf the speed limit is a maximum, not an aspiration

shmmeee

Hot take: driving tests are too lenient. Basically anyone can pass them and you have to really try to lose them. Pass half as many people and retest every 20 years and watch traffic pollution and bad driving disappear.

Hertsccfc

The atrocious and dangerous drivers are those who are speeding.

Users who are viewing this thread