Things that annoy you (7 Viewers)

SkyBlueOz

Im starting to get annoyed by these International breaks. As im in Australia its that shitty time of the year between the AFL and the Cricket and Cov games usually get me through. I guess atleast theres F1 this weekend.

SBAndy

Mrs wrote ‘defiantly’ today, when meaning ‘definitely’.

Almost hit the roof, I can’t stand it.

Sounds about right. My other half has some odd misinterpretations of English, such as “beans as” (rather than “being as”) and a fairly new revelation, “loopwarm” (and most certainly not “lukewarm”). When she said “loopwarm” for the first time I spent a good 10 minutes laughing at her.

fernandopartridge

Sounds about right. My other half has some odd misinterpretations of English, such as “beans as” (rather than “being as”) and a fairly new revelation, “loopwarm” (and most certainly not “lukewarm”). When she said “loopwarm” for the first time I spent a good 10 minutes laughing at her.

wingy

Has she had any peroxide on her hair recently ?🤭

Nick

Administrator
Mrs wrote ‘defiantly’ today, when meaning ‘definitely’.

Almost hit the roof, I can’t stand it.

giphy.gif

Grendel

What really annoyed me the other day in a totally empty car park at the Ricoh Park was a jobsworth taking a photo of a car parked in a completely empty bay so he could issue a £100 fine as one wheel was on a parking line

fernandopartridge

What really annoyed me the other day in a totally empty car park at the Ricoh Park was a jobsworth taking a photo of a car parked in a completely empty bay so he could issue a £100 fine as one wheel was on a parking line

I had one of those at Rochdale station, I ignored it and didn't hear anything. I doubt any court would see that as at all reasonable

Terry Gibson's perm

Have to say, if I know something's delivered by Hermes, I'll avoid ordering it - had that many issues with them.

tbf the current driver around here is pretty good, so he'd better not leave, or get sick with Covid!

The driver for Hermes is very nice around here so always rush to the door for her the rest are ugly so I take my time.

Terry Gibson's perm

I would love to catch one of my mates doing that for a selfie. They would be terrorised for the months for it.

I still remember when we found out one was putting oil on to take selfies of his body, sent them to everybody in his phone book. Nowadays it's fashionable and groups of lads get together and do it. What the fuck has happened to the world.

Some of the young lads at work are always sending each other dick pics I find that a bit odd. One of them is always showing us pictures of him slapping his dick in his girlfriends face or her red arse after he has been smacking her during rough sex.

Terry Gibson's perm

Yep....by far the worst of a really shit bunch. Its quite surprising that several large retailers such as John Lewis still use them.

I ship spare parts around quite frequently as part of my business. I've had & subsequently closed business accounts with most of them over the years.

Currently use TNT (now part of FedEx) for UK stuff & UPS for international deliveries.

But for complete unreliability, rough handling & ridiculously timed delivery attempts.....you cant beat Hermes.(n)

I apologise if you ever get hit with any added handling charges as that’s my job.

stay_up_skyblues

I had a very minor accident the other week when a lady reversed into me at about 5mph. Exchanged details and haven’t heard anything from work’s insurers to say she/her insurers have denied liability so no issues there.

Got a call from a random mobile number today, scouse woman from “Accident Company Ltd” telling me I can claim for injury which is obviously standard practice.

Told her I wasn’t injured at which point she said they’ve seen the engineer’s report and can confirm that it is “scientifically proven“ that at that speed I have suffered muscular damage in my neck, even when in absence of pain, and have a claim.

I explained it is part of my job to investigate fraudulent insurance claims and I would be reporting her and her “firm” to the relevant agencies at which point she soon hung up. Obviously there is no Accident Company Ltd so presumably she is a freelancer taking the odd referral fee from solicitors.

So two things boiled my piss. The first is the fraudulent claim scenario generally. Something I feel strongly about given the number of outrageous claims I’ve seen over the years.

The second is my details having been passed on by either the insurer or repairing garage. This really wound me up as they’re both reputable and were both clearly told there there was no injury and I did not want to hear from a chancer accident management company or similar.

Reactions: vow

stay_up_skyblues

Some of the young lads at work are always sending each other dick pics I find that a bit odd. One of them is always showing us pictures of him slapping his dick in his girlfriends face or her red arse after he has been smacking her during rough sex.

There was a group of lads at my very old work who used to get semis in the office and then show them to each other. Very odd.

I was in the camp who took photos of work poos and sent them though.

Terry Gibson's perm

There was a group of lads at my very old work who used to get semis in the office and then show them to each other. Very odd.

I was in the camp who took photos of work poos and sent them though.

We had a lad who sent a video of himself having a wank in the work toilets to a girlfriend who when he cheated on her she dumped him and sent the video to his boss, he was asked to leave but unbelievably is now back working in another department

Nick

Administrator
What the fuck??? To each other?

Nick

Administrator
When you see tax payers money pissed down the drain.

Trying to set something up on behalf of somebody working with a massive government project.

At one end, you have me literally configuring something and saying there you go. Hour job at most.

At the Government end you have 5 engineers, a project manager and them wanting a week of time to plan, configure, test, adjust etc.

It can be done in an hour at most. No doubt there will be tens of thousands of tax payer money going into it.

ccfctommy

When you see tax payers money pissed down the drain.

Trying to set something up on behalf of somebody working with a massive government project.

At one end, you have me literally configuring something and saying there you go. Hour job at most.

At the Government end you have 5 engineers, a project manager and them wanting a week of time to plan, configure, test, adjust etc.

It can be done in an hour at most. No doubt there will be tens of thousands of tax payer money going into it.

Yeah, there's also the false 'protect the NHS' narrative. How much money do they waste on consultants, middle management etc?

fernandopartridge

Yeah, there's also the false 'protect the NHS' narrative. How much money do they waste on consultants, middle management etc?
Consultants aren't the NHS unless you're on about medical ones.

The NHS would not function without middle management, doctors and nurses don't have the time to run what are in essence huge 24/7 organisations.

I'm not sure why people accept the need for middle management jobs in the private sector but are up in arms when similar jobs exist in the public sector.

Nick

Administrator
This isn't the NHS.

They have no fucking clue what they are doing and take days to make simple changes.

The "middle management" issue is that they aren't technical but pretend they are, keep chatting shit and writing emails and trying to arrange conference calls. They then don't like it when I am under no obligation to humour their shite and tell them not to bother me until they have done X and Y as it's pointless wasting my time.

They want to spend their days having meetings, I don't work for them so they can fuck off. I have told them what the issue is and how to fix it but they want to go round the houses. They dont grasp that not everybody works that way and has time to have 100 meetings for something that literally takes minutes to do.

NorthernWisdom

Consultants aren't the NHS unless you're on about medical ones.

The NHS would not function without middle management, doctors and nurses don't have the time to run what are in essence huge 24/7 organisations.

I'm not sure why people accept the need for middle management jobs in the private sector but are up in arms when similar jobs exist in the public sector.
Yeah, IBM are renowned for their red tape and management layers. Think it's more a curse of big organisations.

Users who are viewing this thread