Things that annoy you (17 Viewers)

Johnnythespider

I quite like the new Alfa SUV but I always seem to end up parked between 2 of them at the shops, and end up pulling out in front of someone as I reverse out. I think they should have their own section in car parks along with vans and other high sided vehicles.

Ranjit Bhurpa

Range Rover drivers. The Range Rover Vogue until the turn of the century was a classy motor with esteem.

Now it's a badge of honour for every dickhead in Britain.
Especially those in burgundy with the cream leather interior. Seems the only colour these days is black with matching windows.

chiefdave

People who can't drive in the snow but think they can so go out in it, realise they can't, and abandon their car in the middle of the road.

Nick

Administrator
Taken to stopping, standing there, and letting them walk into me nowadays...

Ah, so you get to touch them but can't be blamed as they walked into you. ;)

giphy.gif

Gazolba

Those web pages that start out "The 10 things you should never eat" written by some Cardiologist.
And you just know before you look at the first page, it's going to be all the things you like.

richnrg

When driving in a built up area, it is quite common to have to have to slow down/stop to give way to someone coming the other way, especially when there are parked cars in the street. When the oncoming driver is just about to pass you it is possible to get a fairly good look at them through their windscreen. I have noticed that in the majority of cases the persons head is approximately 1/3 of the way down from the top of the windscreen, which is fine, but in some rare cases the persons head is unnaturally low, to a point where their chin is barely (if at all) visible, and a massive void exists between the top of their head and the roof of the car.
These people annoy me.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
People who let their 5 or 6 year old kids play out in the dark next to an icy road thats going down hill with a bend there when it's icy and cold. I am sure they can think of a better place than one where cars are sliding even at crawling place towards them.

Captain Dart

When driving in a built up area, it is quite common to have to have to slow down/stop to give way to someone coming the other way, especially when there are parked cars in the street. When the oncoming driver is just about to pass you it is possible to get a fairly good look at them through their windscreen. I have noticed that in the majority of cases the persons head is approximately 1/3 of the way down from the top of the windscreen, which is fine, but in some rare cases the persons head is unnaturally low, to a point where their chin is barley (if at all) visible, and a massive void exists between the top of thier head and the roof of the car.
These people annoy me.

About 40 years ago I worked with a bloke called Alfie who was black and only about 4' 0"", he was quite a character and drove an old Jag.
When he was driving down the road unless you knew it was him you couldn't tell if there was a driver or not because he looked through the steering wheel.
I was glad to be reminded of him by your post.

Otis

Stories of "Man gives birth".

Genetically it's a woman, there is a womb that had a baby inside.
My daughter was telling me if a story (not 100% it's true) that a couple who are having a baby in the US have already decided not to give their child any gender and leave them gender neutral, saying the child can decide later what it wants to be.

richnrg

My daughter was telling me if a story (not 100% it's true) that a couple who are having a baby in the US have already decided not to give their child any gender and leave them gender neutral, saying the child can decide later what it wants to be.
they're going to be gutted when they find out that 'someone else' has already decided for them by giving the kid a cock/flange

BodicoteSkyBlue

Dog walkers with those stretchy leads. Where I live there are shared pathways & cycle lanes. Cyclists and pedestrians supposedly stick to different sides of the path. If you’re dog is roaming around on the end of a 10metre stretchy lead don’t gripe at me peddling to work.

covmark

Poloma Faith and Pink are both raising their children as gender neutral.
Don't get it myself, but each to their own I suppose.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

People whinging that Peter Kay has cancelled his tour and all work commitments due to personal/family reasons!

Give the guy a break must be very serious!

Otis

Shops and businesses where you as the customer know better and more than them.

This has happened twice now with Argos.

Been trying to buy a Switch game for my daughter (have £5 off voucher and it is £5 off anyway too) and there has been no stock at the two Coventry stores, nor the Nuneaton, Kenilworth and one Leamington store. 10 stores, no stock. Only one at a Leamington retail park was showing stock.

Been checking two or three times every day and the one store showing they have stock is Sainsbury's, Leamington. So have had that on stand by, but been waiting for stock that is more local if possible.

Came to Monday and after a week of no stock anywhere except for Leamington, I decided to just go ahead and buy the one from Leamington. Instead of adding it my trolley though (that would have given me 7 days to pick up the item) I went and reserved it instead. In that circumstance you only have that day and the following day to collect the item.

With the weather as bad as it has been I didn't fancy going over to the over side of Leamington, so decided to cancel the reservation and just buy it. So, did that and their system said it was now not in stock. Obvious answer, that is MY reservation.

Got on to live chat with an Argos support person and asked, is that my reservation that has caused the system to say no longer in stock and she said no, as soon as you cancel a reservation it goes back into stock. I therefore asked if she was telling me that in just the few seconds that I cancelled and then tried to purchase, someone else bought the item and she said yes.

Didn't believe her for a second. Checked yesterday, no stock. Checked this morning, first thing, back in stock. If you recall, I stated that the reservation is only for the day of selection and then the following day, hence in this case, yesterday. As soon as my reservation was cleared it appeared back in stock.

She even told me she checked everywhere and even the warehouse and it was an item not in stock anywhere at all. So, where did this Leamington one pop up from? Every day there was stock at this one store. As soon as I reserved it and then cancelled, the item suddenly appeared out of stock.

Doesn't take much to put 2 and 2 together. The fact she was saying no stock at Leamington obviously points to them only previously having just the 1 in stock until I reserved it.

This is twice almost the exact thing has happened. Clearly to my mind I understand her system better than her. Grrrr!!!

skybluesam66

Been trying to buy a Switch game for my daughter (have £5 off voucher and it is £5 off anyway too) and there has been no stock at the two Coventry stores, nor the Nuneaton, Kenilworth and one Leamington store. 10 stores, no stock. Only one at a Leamington retail park was showing stock.

Been checking two or three times every day and the one store showing they have stock is Sainsbury's, Leamington. So have had that on stand by, but been waiting for stock that is more local if possible.

Came to Monday and after a week of no stock anywhere except for Leamington, I decided to just go ahead and buy the one from Leamington. Instead of adding it my trolley though (that would have given me 7 days to pick up the item) I went and reserved it instead. In that circumstance you only have that day and the following day to collect the item.

With the weather as bad as it has been I didn't fancy going over to the over side of Leamington, so decided to cancel the reservation and just buy it. So, did that and their system said it was now not in stock. Obvious answer, that is MY reservation.

Got on to live chat with an Argos support person and asked, is that my reservation that has caused the system to say no longer in stock and she said no, as soon as you cancel a reservation it goes back into stock. I therefore asked if she was telling me that in just the few seconds that I cancelled and then tried to purchase, someone else bought the item and she said yes.

Didn't believe her for a second. Checked yesterday, no stock. Checked this morning, first thing, back in stock. If you recall, I stated that the reservation is only for the day of selection and then the following day, hence in this case, yesterday. As soon as my reservation was cleared it appeared back in stock.

She even told me she checked everywhere and even the warehouse and it was an item not in stock anywhere at all. So, where did this Leamington one pop up from? Every day there was stock at this one store. As soon as I reserved it and then cancelled, the item suddenly appeared out of stock.

Doesn't take much to put 2 and 2 together. The fact she was saying no stock at Leamington obviously points to them only previously having just the 1 in stock until I reserved it.

This is twice almost the exact thing has happened. Clearly to my mind I understand her system better than her. Grrrr!!!
that happened with me except I reserved an item - but their systems screwed up
so I had the reservation
they had the reservation in my name
I had paid for the item
but the 2 reservation numbers didnt coincide

so they wouldnt let me have the item

only good thing that came out of it, was that i finally got the item, and then they refunded me as they thought i hadnt collected the item

Otis

that happened with me except I reserved an item - but their systems screwed up
so I had the reservation
they had the reservation in my name
I had paid for the item
but the 2 reservation numbers didnt coincide

so they wouldnt let me have the item

only good thing that came out of it, was that i finally got the item, and then they refunded me as they thought i hadnt collected the item
Might try that. That's the sort of fook up I don't mind.

ajsccfc

Poloma Faith and Pink are both raising their children as gender neutral.
Don't get it myself, but each to their own I suppose.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I was reading a little about Pink and in her case it's not so much about her daughter not being a girl, but more not growing up being told girls and boys should only act a certain way or do certain things, which I think is fair enough. The people refusing to acknowledge gender and leaving it up to a kid is one I'll never get though, at best it's an incredible burden to place on a young mind that can't understand what they're being asked to decide.

Nick

Administrator

Just buy it off shopto or Amazon ;)

Otis

I was reading a little about Pink and in her case it's not so much about her daughter not being a girl, but more not growing up being told girls and boys should only act a certain way or do certain things, which I think is fair enough. The people refusing to acknowledge gender and leaving it up to a kid is one I'll never get though, at best it's an incredible burden to place on a young mind that can't understand what they're being asked to decide.
Totally agree and agree on the classification thing too. My daughter suits blue, but I was forever getting it in the neck from the missus and relatives that blue is for a boy.

If a girl wants to play with an Action Man and a bit with a Barbie doll then so what.

Otis

Just buy it off shopto or Amazon ;)
As I say, I had a voucher. So £10 off in total. on Amazon it is £59.99. Argos had it for £39.99 and then £5 off and then I had a voucher for another £5 off, so £29.99!!

Nick

Administrator
As I say, I had a voucher. So £10 off in total. on Amazon it is £59.99. Argos had it for £39.99 and then £5 off and then I had a voucher for another £5 off, so £29.99!!

Ah OK, not too bad then. What game is it?

Nick

Administrator
Ah! If it is anything like the PS4 one my daughter who can spend hours on normal minecraft got bored after about an hour on the story one :(

Wait for it to be cheap :p

Otis

Ah! If it is anything like the PS4 one my daughter who can spend hours on normal minecraft got bored after about an hour on the story one :(

Wait for it to be cheap :p

Got it now. Found a store in Birmingham that had it in stock. Had to go to Brum anyway, so killed two birds.

My daughter can play on Minecraft for 5 or 6 hours a go easily.

Users who are viewing this thread