Things that annoy you (20 Viewers)

skybluegod

The obsession with selfies! On Facebook, people trying to prove and outdo each other on where they are. No-one takes a picture of scenery anymore, its a selfie with that landscape behind it. People are too concerned about their own self image (literally) these days and worried about what other people think of them!

Think pictures in general. People spend more time trying to capture it on their phone rather than living it themselves.

Otis

Neighbours who think it is normal/acceptable to play their shitty music loudly until midnight during the week and even louder during the day.
I'm so lucky I have never had that.

Used to have a neighbour constantly playing the bongos, but he would always stop by about 9.30.

Astute

Neighbours who think it is normal/acceptable to play their shitty music loudly until midnight during the week and even louder during the day.
Not had that problem for a lot of years. But yes it does get to you.

My neighbour priblem used to be parking outside my house when we had our youngest two. Someone kept parking a van outside our house. The wife needed the space so she could get one baby into the house while being able to keep an eye on the other. We have room alongside the house but normally have a few motors.

Asked politely a few times. Didn't work. Asked less politely. That also didn't work. So I parked my motorhome outside his house. Left it there for a few weeks until he asked me to move it. Told him it needed somewhere else as some idiot kept parking his van outside mine so needed room for her car at the side of the house. After a few more weeks he got the idea and did the extra 10 second walk. He then apologised and then I moved the motorhome. It was all snobbery. He didn't want his van near his house.

What made it worse for me was we are the last house in our part of the street. He could have had an extra 10 second walk to plenty of parking spaces.

Covstu

We had this at a rental property and it wasn’t fun! People have no sense at times

Sky_Blue_Daz

We have a request book at work so you can ask for days off, particular shift and annual leave.

I don't make requests very often because I don't mind working night shifts or weekends as the money is better

But on the last 2 occasions I have asked for a day off I've been put on a nightshift going into the day off so in my theory I've worked the first eight hours of a day off. And When I've requested annual leave I've been put on nights going into that as well.

Otis

We have a request book at work so you can ask for days off, particular shift and annual leave.

I don't make requests very often because I don't mind working night shifts or weekends as the money is better

But on the last 2 occasions I have asked for a day off I've been put on a nightshift going into the day off so in my theory I've worked the first eight hours of a day off. And When I've requested annual leave I've been put on nights going into that as well.
Have they done similar things to fellow employees, Daz?

Sky_Blue_Daz

Have they done similar things to fellow employees, Daz?
Not that I can see Otis, in fact the usual case is you get an early if your going into annual leave and the weekend off as days off rather then holiday, but I've done nightshifts going into annual leave on weekends too

Otis

Not that I can see Otis, in fact the usual case is you get an early if your going into annual leave and the weekend off as days off rather then holiday, but I've done nightshifts going into annual leave on weekends too
Have you mentioned it to a superior?

Sky_Blue_Daz

Have you mentioned it to a superior?
I've got a 1-1 meeting next week to discuss any issues.

I'm not one for rocking the boat really but there's a few issues to discuss in particular during the summer over an 11 week period I did 9 weekends in a row.
I did mention in an earlier thread that I don't mind working nights or weekends but 9 in a row is excessive

Otis

I've got a 1-1 meeting next week to discuss any issues.

I'm not one for rocking the boat really but there's a few issues to discuss in particular during the summer over an 11 week period I did 9 weekends in a row.
Yeah? I'm the same as you, Dan, but sometimes you just have to say some thing, albeit sometimes with a degree of diplomacy.

Good luck. Fingers crossed they stop being utter, utter barstards.

Sick Boy

Not had that problem for a lot of years. But yes it does get to you.

My neighbour priblem used to be parking outside my house when we had our youngest two. Someone kept parking a van outside our house. The wife needed the space so she could get one baby into the house while being able to keep an eye on the other. We have room alongside the house but normally have a few motors.

Asked politely a few times. Didn't work. Asked less politely. That also didn't work. So I parked my motorhome outside his house. Left it there for a few weeks until he asked me to move it. Told him it needed somewhere else as some idiot kept parking his van outside mine so needed room for her car at the side of the house. After a few more weeks he got the idea and did the extra 10 second walk. He then apologised and then I moved the motorhome. It was all snobbery. He didn't want his van near his house.

What made it worse for me was we are the last house in our part of the street. He could have had an extra 10 second walk to plenty of parking spaces.

Went round there the other day to speak to them but they couldn't hear the door their music was so loud. I went back home and found something to make more of a noise, funnily enough there was a baseball bat in a cupboard next to our door from my days from living alone on a ground floor flat in an area of Brighton with a high number of break ins.

It made a decent amount of noise when knocking on the door and not had any problems since. I explained that the bat was only to knock louder on their door, obviously. ;)

skybluedan

Fuckin Christmas CDs seen one advertised today Russell Watson , and here it begins Just waiting for that bastard Alfie bo

skybluedan

Went round there the other day to speak to them but they couldn't hear the door their music was so loud. I went back home and found something to make more of a noise, funnily enough there was a baseball bat in a cupboard next to our door from my days from living alone on a ground floor flat in an area of Brighton with a high number of break ins.

It made a decent amount of noise when knocking on the door and not had any problems since. I explained that the bat was only to knock louder on their door, obviously. ;)

My mate was having some noise issues with neighbours so when he was going away for a couple of days he lay down the speakers put a mattress on top and put it on repeat with some shit song blasting

Sick Boy

My mate was having some noise issues with neighbours so when he was going away for a couple of days he lay down the speakers put a mattress on top and put it on repeat with some shit song blasting

Haha they live above so it's a bit more difficult. They seem perfectly nice but just a bit ignorant and selfish

skyblueinBaku

People who order just about the biggest, most unhealthy meal on the menu, then insist on a diet coke to compliment it.
I saw a very fat woman in a pub in Poole order her lunch - 2 enormous pasties and a diet coke.

skybluedan

Haha they live above so it's a bit more difficult. They seem perfectly nice but just a bit ignorant and selfish

Just start the nude thing , just let the neighbours see you starkers , like on your doorstep, and while peeking behind your net Really freak them out like , they will either move or you'll be arrested be a laugh I suppose

fernandopartridge

The obsession with selfies! On Facebook, people trying to prove and outdo each other on where they are. No-one takes a picture of scenery anymore, its a selfie with that landscape behind it. People are too concerned about their own self image (literally) these days and worried about what other people think of them!
Whilst understanding your post, it is Facebook. What do you expect?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Gaz71

Bad manners, I went to a public meeting tonight and as the meeting took place a chap left his phone volume on full with the phone on the table in front of him, it was constantly pinging Away, no need.

fernandopartridge

People who are really pretty about trivial little things of no consequence, like which hands you have to use to hold your knives and forks in.
People who try and set a threshold for petty annoyances described in this thread. FWIW, it does have a consequence, you look like a fucking idiot.

Otis

People who try and set a threshold for petty annoyances described in this thread. FWIW, it does have a consequence, you look like a fucking idiot.

Don't you look like an idiot for being annoyed over what hands people hold their knives and forks in?

If the thread was actually 'Petty annoyances' rather than 'Things that annoy you,' you might have more of a point. :)

skybluedan

Sick Boy

Today they managed to flood our lounge and that of the flat below us. I called it from day one but the Mrs said I was being judgemental, they're absolute fucking morons.

covmark

Today they managed to flood our lounge and that of the flat below us. I called it from day one but the Mrs said I was being judgemental, they're absolute fucking morons.
I'd suggest you pop back round with your baseball bat mate

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

covmark

They sent me a very 'Brightony' message full of flowers and apologies. My reply wasn't so kind :D
Haha if some nob flooded my gaff, their apologetic flowers would be firmly stuck up their apologetic arse.
I work in Brighton a couple of times a week so your scenario doesn't surprise me though.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread