Things that annoy you (21 Viewers)

TomRad85

It’s bizarre both there long term memories are great but they can’t remember dinner yesterday
My dad was pretty quiet and placid for the most part so he just went that way to the max. He was the same, remembered stuff from way back when but short term stuff not a clue. Now he'd barely remember 30 seconds ago, he's pretty far gone unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

TomRad85

This is where I am as an uncle to twins who are turning 2 on Christmas Eve. Bought them a top each which will do for birthday and Christmas because they'll have no idea what's going on. The 6 year old on the other hand is getting a few things.
Honestly all young kids have a billion toys anyway. Obviously we are buying our son some bits but we're not going nuts, he's 2, there's no point.

shmmeee

Honestly all young kids have a billion toys anyway. Obviously we are buying our son some bits but we're not going nuts, he's 2, there's no point.

My fucking 8 year old. Boxes full of toys she’s barely touched. We actually regifted one thing she hasn’t even opened once and she didn’t notice.

Tonight she goes “I wish I had a fidget toy” literally plunged my hand into her toy box and pulled out five 🤦

fernandopartridge

My missus insists on getting the kids numerous presents, I don't think they could remember even half of what they had last year. Not only presents but a Christmas eve box, stocking fillers etc. It's too much imo.
Personally, I think it is best to build all the anticipation about what's under the tree, nothing else is necessary.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

OffenhamSkyBlue

"Apologies if you may have been offended by any language that you may just have heard."

Flemish? Swahili? Gaelic? Urdu? What language would offend me?
Trigger warnings: I'm also heartily sick to death of the "if you've been affected by any of the issues raised in this item, there is a range of organisations which can provide help and advice, listed on the BBC Action Line (or C4, or whatever) website".
The latest was an interview of a woman who had set up a group for women who had given up drinking. She didn't even mention how much she drank before quitting 5 years ago. I thought it was all quite positive. If you are triggered by that level of content, i really don't know how you get out of bed in the morning. What is the world coming to?

Robinshio

Belgians, absolute biggest cunts on the planet.
Really you must have missed France on your travels. Worked extensively in both countries and know which I prefer. One country are arrogant and so far up their own backsides and the other are belgian

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Dont know if it already on here but loyaly cards can't stand them.Went into a shop in my one horse town the 1 that matches a rival before Chrismas (wifes chose not mine) .Sure enough they were matching them on veg if you had 1 of their know everything cards and wanted potatoes 15p a bag without a card six times the cost of with 1.

shmmeee

Dont know if it already on here but loyaly cards can't stand them.Went into a shop in my one horse town the 1 that matches a rival before Chrismas (wifes chose not mine) .Sure enough they were matching them on veg if you had 1 of their know everything cards and wanted potatoes 15p a bag without a card six times the cost of with 1.

Tesco then.

If you don’t want to trade pretty meaningless data for discounts, don’t do it 🤷🏻‍♂️

wingy

Introduced when we were experiencing shortages, they can FO!

chiefdave

I don't see the issue in them knowing what I buy in my weekly shop.
Think it's just a lack of trust. Plenty of people, myself included, thought the same way about their data in general with things like Facebook but then you have things like Cambridge Analytica and you start second guessing what is 'safe'.

Nick

Administrator
Think it's just a lack of trust. Plenty of people, myself included, thought the same way about their data in general with things like Facebook but then you have things like Cambridge Analytica and you start second guessing what is 'safe'.

But then again it depends what data you're giving them.

My Tesco shopping habits are pretty boring.

chiefdave

But then again it depends what data you're giving them.

My Tesco shopping habits are pretty boring.
indeed, I don't really give a shit if Tesco know what I buy.

tbh I probably fall into a gap between people who are completely oblivious to what happens with their data and people who fully understand data science.

Know enough to be slightly suspicious that someone is up to no good :ROFLMAO:

shmmeee

indeed, I don't really give a shit if Tesco know what I buy.

tbh I probably fall into a gap between people who are completely oblivious to what happens with their data and people who fully understand data science.

Know enough to be slightly suspicious that someone is up to no good :ROFLMAO:

1703767056508.jpeg

All the data you should care about is taken by the govt without your permission. That horse has well and truly bolted and is collected at ISP level.

Commercial data like search and shopping is literally only used by companies to try and make better products and make advertising more relevant. You’re only giving yourself worse products and advert recommendations by stopping people using it.

I was a data scientist (now data engineer) and this is the view of all the data people I’ve met.

Nick

Administrator
I used to work with somebody who was convinced the government were reading his emails.

I kept asking what the fuck he emails for them to be interested as I'm not sure mi5 would be interested in me getting hammered by Wowcher.

shmmeee

I used to work with somebody who was convinced the government were reading his emails.

I kept asking what the fuck he emails for them to be interested as I'm not sure mi5 would be interested in me getting hammered by Wowcher.

I mean they absolutely are. Anyone who has been through GCHQ clearance can tell you that. But they’ve been doing that for decades and aren’t going to stop, so unless you’re doing something to get yourself on a watchlist or want to work for the security services it’s not really a worry.

shmmeee

Also email is inherently insecure so if you’re concerned about your messages being read you shouldn’t be sending them over email anyway unless it’s something like ProtonMail

Nick

Administrator
I mean they absolutely are. Anyone who has been through GCHQ clearance can tell you that. But they’ve been doing that for decades and aren’t going to stop, so unless you’re doing something to get yourself on a watchlist or want to work for the security services it’s not really a worry.

I have been, they still need ripa requests for a lot of it.

Like you say, a lot is at isp levels.

shmmeee

I have been, they still need ripa requests for a lot of it.

Like you say, a lot is at isp levels.

Yeah officially, but the Snowden stuff showed they just collect everything and only get signed off when they want to query and even then probably could without.

I mean it’s the spooks, they’ll do what they want. My point was really that moaning about Tesco knowing your shopping data is silly when the real juicy stuff is on a server at MI5 (or more likely the NSA to get around rules about spying on your own population).

wingy

Stocking levels should be what it's used for but I used to get plenty of choice at Tesco cannon park with me mum, absolutely rammed both shoppers and shelves in70-80's,take about an hour all told, how has it changed we've taken the guesswork out of it with definite numbers and no people interactions, how is it a benifit?

Users who are viewing this thread