Things that annoy you (17 Viewers)

SBT

It's weirdos using the LGBT community to further their own agendas.
I assume you’ve spoken to LGBT people to warn them that their message is being hijacked this way? How do you think they’ll react?

SBT

No, more the forcing things like that (gay or not) on young kids. Hence the point about Valentines Cards from their parents.
I think there’s a pretty big difference between teaching kids to understand/respect same-sex relationships, and actively urging them to couple up/be someone’s Valentine etc

shmmeee

I assume you’ve spoken to LGBT people to warn them that their message is being hijacked this way? How do you think they’ll react?

TBF pedos trying to latch onto LGBT issues is hardly news. Happened with PIE in the first wave of gay and lesbian acceptance and seems to be happening again with trans and particularly kink in modern LGBT activism. But I’d think people are wise to it and I’ve seen no evidence it’s making anything like the headway it did in the 70s.

There’s a strand of queer theory that plays with the boundary between adult and child that’s decidedly dodgy, but I think it’s very fringe.

SBT

TBF pedos trying to latch onto LGBT issues is hardly news. Happened with PIE in the first wave of gay and lesbian acceptance and seems to be happening again with trans and particularly kink in modern LGBT activism. But I’d think people are wise to it and I’ve seen no evidence it’s making anything like the headway it did in the 70s.
It’s also one of the oldest tropes in the book used to perpetuate homophobia, but you go right ahead and give Marty and co some more ammo to shout into the Twitter void.

shmmeee

It’s also one of the oldest tropes in the book used to perpetuate homophobia, but you go right ahead and give Marty and co some more ammo to shout into the Twitter void.

I don’t choose what I say with concern to whether bigots will misuse it TBH. I’d argue pretending things that are happening aren’t also gives them ammo.

You’ve got to police your own borders, same as antisemitism on the left. Being aware of the dangerous fringes of your own movement keeps that movement strong. Look at the fallout from PIE in the 70s, or Rotherham, or AS, or supporting despots because they’re anti west/capitalist. I don’t think pretending there’s not sometimes failures in progressive movements does anything but give ammo to be honest.

There’s a significant amount of gay and lesbian people who don’t like it either precisely because it enables those stereotypes.

JAM See

How it's now a thing that people buy their kids Valentine's Day shit. It's weird.
Eating chocolate eggs to celebrate the death/resurrection of the son of the big bossman in the sky will be next.

Nothing is sacred!

SBT

I don’t choose what I say with concern to whether bigots will misuse it TBH. I’d argue pretending things that are happening aren’t also gives them ammo.

You’ve got to police your own borders, same as antisemitism on the left. Being aware of the dangerous fringes of your own movement keeps that movement strong. Look at the fallout from PIE in the 70s, or Rotherham, or AS, or supporting despots because they’re anti west/capitalist. I don’t think pretending there’s not sometimes failures in progressive movements does anything but give ammo to be honest.

There’s a significant amount of gay and lesbian people who don’t like it either precisely because it enables those stereotypes.
I’m not sure what you think I’m pretending doesn’t exist. But if you want to believe you’re helping educate against discrimination by saying “conflating homosexuality with paedophilia is legitimate, actually” then that’s obviously your choice. Don’t be surprised if disingenuous people take your fact-checking and run with it in directions you likely don’t want to go.

shmmeee

I’m not sure what you think I’m pretending doesn’t exist. But if you want to believe you’re helping educate against discrimination by saying “conflating homosexuality with paedophilia is legitimate, actually” then that’s obviously your choice. Don’t be surprised if disingenuous people take your fact-checking and run with it in directions you likely don’t want to go.

Marty isn’t taking his lead from me. The response I gave was “yes it exists, but it’s extremely fringe and getting nowhere near what it did in the 70s”. Which is hope would go further than “don’t believe your lying eyes”.

I wasn’t aware my role was educating against discrimination TBH.

Terry Gibson's perm

These people flying drones and then putting them on tik tok or whatever, it’s about time the football clubs got a drone each that can fly behind them and swallow them like a bond movie and then not return them and say we didn’t see any drone now fuck off idiot.

Terry_dactyl

These people flying drones and then putting them on tik tok or whatever, it’s about time the football clubs got a drone each that can fly behind them and swallow them like a bond movie and then not return them and say we didn’t see any drone now fuck off idiot.
What’s this? People flying drones over matches?

Terry Gibson's perm

What’s this? People flying drones over matches?

Training grounds and places of work I have seen a couple of bits and the one he did at my workplace, nothing exciting goes on there but what does is not his business if he had done it when I was there I would have took it off him and turned it into a kamikaze drone into the road in front of him.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Tesco's chairman 2 days ago said "food firms may well be putting up costs futher than necessary".The same firm who 6 years ago were paying suppliers late to boost profits.The same firm that charges £1 for a brand of matches that you can get 2 boxes in another store in Bedworth and get change.Hipocrites.

Macca

I don't care whether it is manufactured or not - just the terms annoy the hell out of me!!
And the chucking of pints in the air in fan zones, etc .... WTAF?

Yeh the terms are cringeworthy but it’s the artificial nature of it that is worse. “ hey everyone let’s show everybody how passionate we are, cameras ready?”

OffenhamSkyBlue

Yeh the terms are cringeworthy but it’s the artificial nature of it that is worse. “ hey everyone let’s show everybody how passionate we are, cameras ready?”
Yeah i get it. Let's expand that to everyone filming every event they ever go to so they can get more "likes" on their social media, rather than living in the moment and enjoying it live.

SBT

I don't care whether it is manufactured or not - just the terms annoy the hell out of me!!
And the chucking of pints in the air in fan zones, etc .... WTAF?
Despite the odd people who turn up at BoxPark etc, the pint chucking thing is sometimes legit….it’s hard to properly lose your shit at a goal and carry a pint at the same time without looking like a twat. Sometimes the pint has to be sacrificed….

Tommo1993

Yeah mine is between 3-5am because of work. My alarm will be anything between 5-5:30am in the week. I have this paranoia thing over missing my alarm so wake up repeatedly to look at the time. At the weekend I try to stay up late to make myself tired enough to sleep in. Does it work? Course it bloody doesn’t.

Nick

Administrator
Truly despicable. Hopefully the "publicity" they are getting on Twitter raises their outrageous profile to the extent that anyone mad enough to be a customer feels regret for that decision and they desert them to the extent that they get put out of business!

I thought it was funny to be honest. I'd be more likely to remember and use them.

Talk about an over the top reaction.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
job done really. these things don't happen by accident. how many people even knew this company existed before this kicked off?
I think they have had edgy adverts before as I recognised the name.

But yeah, know it more now as I shared a screenshot of the ad yesterday.

Grendel

Users who are viewing this thread