Things that annoy you

SBAndy

Mar 20, 2011
It's the same with 'skyrocketed'. Didn't 'rocketed' suffice? How does adding Sky improve the meaning?
Another stupid Americanism, no doubt.
Don't get me started on normalcy creeping in instead of normality and schedule being pronounced the American 'skedule' instead of British 'shedule'
Not heard “normalcy” and it sounds fucking awful. I’m also training myself to pronounce schedule correctly, got lazy and had reverted to the Americanism.

Reactions: oakey

Evo1883

May 25, 2013
Coventry
Not heard “normalcy” and it sounds fucking awful. I’m also training myself to pronounce schedule correctly, got lazy and had reverted to the Americanism.
Is it pronounced shedule or scedule in the UK

oakey

Mar 22, 2011
Is it pronounced shedule or scedule in the UK
Shedule, until Generation X started watching Friends on a loop.
Other examples Autopsy when they mean post mortem. Cookie when they mean biscuit. C section when they mean Caesarean.

Reactions: wingy

Sbarcher

Mar 23, 2011
Oxford
Shedule, until Generation X started watching Friends on a loop.
Other examples Autopsy when they mean post mortem. Cookie when they mean biscuit. C section when they mean Caesarean.
Soda for pop.

Tommo1993

Apr 14, 2019
While we’re on pronunciation, ‘status’ is creeping in. Not ‘stay-tus’.

The Americanisms have already got their claws into British TV. Lazy direction.

Reactions: oakey and wingy

oscillatewildly

Sep 18, 2013
Some dickhead has smashed through a wall at the gym, what's the wrong with people?
If he happened to be green, what went wrong was probably an accidental overdose of gamma radiation interacting with his unique body chemistry.
If not then that sounds like the work of some chav on the roids.

Reactions: eastwoodsdustman

robbiekeane

May 13, 2016
Los Angeles drivers. Hands down the worst drivers and worst road system I’ve ever witnessed. I cannot find the words to describe either the stupidity and lack of awareness OR the just plain disregard for other people’s safety.
Never seen anything like it, and I drove a motorbike across Vietnam

• Haha
Reactions: Blind-Faith

Nick

Administrator
Feb 25, 2008
Coventry
What even is a dirty burger anyway?

Makes me think of a ratburger from a van outside Ikon at 3am.
It's just a burger with other crap all over it.

Like Loaded Fries are just chips with chilli on or something. Cheesy Chips are now "Loaded Fries"

Pretentious cunts trying to take over the world.

Sbarcher

Mar 23, 2011
Oxford
Deconstructed food. Why the f**k should I pay for something you can't be arsed to prepare and make yourselves. Lazy and greedy gits.

• Haha
Reactions: fatso

Terry Gibson's perm

Mar 17, 2014
Nuneaton
The birds singing at 4:30am every day at the moment. Thinking about investing in an air rifle and staying up all night.
With you on this I get home about 3:30am and they are just starting and after I have had a shower and head iff upstairs I can hear them and see the sky starting to get lighter.

chiefdave

Sep 27, 2008
Coventry
Every idiot in the company feeling the need to say goodbye every day on Teams. As if that wasn’t bad enough we’ve now got everyone replying to each other individually, it’s like the bloody Waltons.

Also people announcing they’ve finished for the day when I’ll be working for hours.

TM8792

Dec 7, 2020
Getting to the entrance of a shop/supermarket and realising I've left my mask in my car.

oscillatewildly

Sep 18, 2013
With you on this I get home about 3:30am and they are just starting and after I have had a shower and head iff upstairs I can hear them and see the sky starting to get lighter.
Ease up on the caffeine before you hit the sack. I can't offer a great deal of advice on this Northern hemisphere in summer time thing other than maybe fitting blackout curtains?